What is the definitve look of the Batsuit?

As for my fav suit, anything with no oval, pouch belt, huge cape.
i agree on every point. maybe not exactly the pouch belt, but other than that... pretty much.

Last edited:
Sure thing chief. Was not sure how you wanted the symbol to be presented, so I did a few;

mybatmannolanbatih8.jpg

mybatmannolanbatcircledvu6.jpg

mybatmannolanbatcircledxq3.jpg

Again, I did not do the original. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks Doctor Doom, they are all good but the top ones my favorite. thanks again DD.

this:
asdsdadsdasd.png

(also my favorite Robin costume.)

or:

Nick Cardy's version of the classic:
941k.jpg

the Troika suit?

exactly, i have totally forgotten what the codename of the "all-black" suit was. i really really love it. give him seperate boots and gloves if you will, but all in all it's for me what batman should look like.

mark_bagley_SpiderMan_and_BatmanDiso.jpg

batspank.jpg

Last edited:
I hate the light grey, the blue gloves and boots, and the trunks and bright yellow utility belt.

Give me an all black suit with no outer-underwear and a muted yellow color for the belt. I kind of like the oval ever since I read Miller's explanation (a subconscious target so he doesn't get shot in the face), but I don't mind that either way. I think the grey pajamas/underwear look is ridiculous though.

I hate the light grey, the blue gloves and boots, and the trunks and bright yellow utility belt.

Give me an all black suit with no outer-underwear and a muted yellow color for the belt. I kind of like the oval ever since I read Miller's explanation (a subconscious target so he doesn't get shot in the face), but I don't mind that either way. I think the grey pajamas/underwear look is ridiculous though.
I'm sorry, but I find Batman all black to be ridiculous, more so than in his "grey pajamas" as you call them (as if a darker colour will change that look). Seriously, it has very little interested visuals from a coloring perspective.

Give me the grey suit anyday, doesn't have to be black to be frightening or stealthful.

The Jim Lee suit seems to me to be the most definitive.

While I liked the new movie costumes, the one colour seemed to wash out the emblem a bit too much and it was even less obvious in the Dark Knight one (despite its function kinda being to attract criminals to aim at the chest where its most heavily armoured). Main problem though was the cape wrapping thing mentioned earlier. I just felt like in the Joker interrogation scene they could have had him stood there draped in his cape, but instead he sat down and his cape kinda fell over the back, more over one shoulder than the other - just did not look intimidating

i'm loving doctor doom's chin plate, i think all his costumes should have a chinplate. it's a lil robocop but i think it works...

exactly, i have totally forgotten what the codename of the "all-black" suit was. i really really love it. give him seperate boots and gloves if you will, but all in all it's for me what batman should look like.

mark_bagley_SpiderMan_and_BatmanDiso.jpg

Now this is what is suit should look like all the time.....:woot:

I'm sorry, but I find Batman all black to be ridiculous, more so than in his "grey pajamas" as you call them (as if a darker colour will change that look). Seriously, it has very little interested visuals from a coloring perspective.

Give me the grey suit anyday, doesn't have to be black to be frightening or stealthful.

I respect your opinion and I totally see where you're coming from, but looking at it from a realism point of view, it's always difficult for me to buy into the grey cloth. And if you think all black is boring, check out Bermejo's Batman in Joker. Even with the few panels Batman appears in, I'm convinced that Bermejo has given us the definitive Batsuit, considering both aesthetics and realism.

I respect your opinion and I totally see where you're coming from, but looking at it from a realism point of view, it's always difficult for me to buy into the grey cloth. And if you think all black is boring, check out Bermejo's Batman in Joker. Even with the few panels Batman appears in, I'm convinced that Bermejo has given us the definitive Batsuit, considering both aesthetics and realism.
I can respect your opinion too, and I do, but I dislike the realism approach. While I agree that Bermejo's all black Batman was very good, I would in no way want for it to become a main stay. Mind you, colouring is far better now so the faults in the Troika suit may be ironed out.

I feel the JL: New Frontier movie put it best when Superman confronts Batman's design change to be less scary to which he retorts "Let's just say I set out to scare criminals, not children". His guise is scary enough and camouflaged enough, but he knows he can't make it too extreme because he still needs to protect people who in another instance could be running to there very deaths from him.

That said, you do have a point with Bermejo's costume, I'd just rather it not be a regular thing.

Batman is one of those characters that can be interpreted slightly differently by each writer. You have a little bit more leeway with him than someone like Superman. My personal favorite interpretation of Batman is the unhinged vigilante hell-bent on scaring the **** out of people. Sure, no version of Batman should want to strike fear into the hearts of innocent children, but I think that if Batman were real, you'd have to consider what kind of person he'd be psychologically to do what he does. The New Frontier Batman was a little too boy scout-ish for me, I prefer something leaning more towards Frank Miller's Batman. Not necessarily a total lunatic who feeds rats to Robin, but the kind of guy who would prefer scaring criminals to making children comfortable, if he had to choose.

The look of Batman is defined by the writer/artist team-up. The look in the '60's was great for the state of comics at the time. Frank Miller's look is perfect for Frank Miller. Tim Sale's look is perfect for Jeph Loeb. Bruce Timm's look is perfect for the animated series. etc.
Multiple looks work based on intended style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"