The Dark Knight What is the Joker's true identity?

Yeah, too long. I've taken to lurking and only posting when I have something remotely pertaining to the topic at hand.

So, in essence, I'm a ninja :ninja:

To each his own, kid. :up:

Well, I hope life, and the family, is well, and that your kicking butts and taking names in school.

To each his own, kid. :up:

Well, I hope life, and the family, is well, and that your kicking butts and taking names in school.

Same to you, man. I'm trying post some more, so I'll see you around.

Oh, if you (or anyone) is ever bored, my fan-fic is up on here, the link in the sig.

This is true. It took me, and a friend, to remember some of the plot. All we could remember was that Aflred got 'napped and that Thomas Elliot wasn't hush, or something.

Nice to see you around, kid. It's been awhile. :up:

Stop looking in my window. There is a lady here, and she doesn't like your large nose!

You have a friend in Jesus you know.

I'm starting to think you don't like my new avatar, Ray.

You want me to bring back Buddy Christ?

buddy-jesus.jpg

i always took the name jack napier as the closest we're going to get to a real name, not due to the 89 movie, but mainly due to the fact the animated series used it too.

His identity has never been confirmed in the comics so at this point is true identity is unknown...even to him.

Yep. Joker doesn't have an identity. He SHOULDN'T have one.

It should all just be conjecture from former thugs/doctors/Batman.

^and you know this how?

Jack is a burton invention. Why would nolan use it?

Polite questions.

Polite answer:

I've read the shooting draft.

Look pal you're just wrong okay. There have been all sorts of little facts and theories thrown up about about Joker but officially, nothing is certain apart from the chem bath. Stories about the Jokers life before are strictly speculation and possibilities. The cartoons are another matter and that's probably where you got your idea from before they copied Burtons origin.
EDIT
I originally took the bait here and insulted this guy back. I don't want to have this forum fall that route though because I'm mainly here looking around and admiring the art etc.

In short, just be happy to have me address you even to this degree.

In due time. I've some other avatar's I'd like to sport.
His identity has never been confirmed in the comics so at this point is true identity is unknown...even to him.
There is talk that the "Hush Returns" series in the Batman universe has stated the Joker as "Jack."

I don't remember the story, and I don't know if there is any truth to it.
Not calling anyone a liar, just want to see it with my own eyes.

IMO, his true identity is absolutely beside the point. No need to elaborate on his background, or keep it consistent. That wouldn't be consistent (heh) with his image.

Polite questions.

Polite answer:

I've read the shooting draft.

EDIT
I originally took the bait here and insulted this guy back. I don't want to have this forum fall that route though because I'm mainly here looking around and admiring the art etc.

In short, just be happy to have me address you even to this degree.
lol what a *****ebag. I'm glad this guy hasn't been around since 07

Joker is Pierrot, Harlequin and Columbine in one sensual fit of rage against the gritty realistic machine.

I'm surprised I never posted in this thread back in the day.

Joker has no identity in the comics. He works better as a nameless mystery with no defining identity and back story. I'm glad Nolan went that route.

I liked Nolan's depiction of Joker. I hope for the reboot, they'll adapt the Red Hood persona from Zero Year. It keeps the backstory vague, but includes an iconic part of the character's history.

Yeah I have no problem with them doing the Red Hood backstory, as long as we never know the name, face, and history of who is under that hood.

And a first. They have never done the Red Hood story in the Batman movies.

I liked Nolan's depiction of Joker. I hope for the reboot, they'll adapt the Red Hood persona from Zero Year. It keeps the backstory vague, but includes an iconic part of the character's history.
I really like what Snyder did with Red Hood. Everything was so obviously vague that you just knew....or did you?

Snyder as in Scott Snyder the comic book writer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"