The Dark Knight What is the Joker's true identity?

I don't feel like arguing with you, El.

Yes, it was a horrible comparion, in some eyes.

But it was my opinion.

The "thank you for proving my point" was there because no one, save you, noticed that it was opinion. Bad opinion, sure. But, nonetheless, opinion.

"This is my opinion" isn't a point. It's an opinion. I wasn't arguing your right to have an opinion, I was arguing the validity of it. You didn't even have to say it was your opinion in the post because it's understood that basically anything you type that isn't fact is an opinion. If you said "Spider-man 3 sucked, that's my opinion." That doesn't mean you get a free pass from people arguing with you.

I think you just need to validate your opinion. Please appraise us of how you formed your opinion and everything should be squared away.

It is just an opinion but you must have based it on something and the best 'facts' we have to go on here are the existing story lines.

"This is my opinion" isn't a point. It's an opinion. I wasn't arguing your right to have an opinion, I was arguing the validity of it. You didn't even have to say it was your opinion in the post because it's understood that basically anything you type that isn't fact is an opinion. If you said "Spider-man 3 sucked, that's my opinion." That doesn't mean you get a free pass from people arguing with you.

Too true.

The Joker's true identity is.................Don Knotts.

^ I highly doubt he'll be given any name aside from The Joker.

I prefer Quagmire. But I will not rule out Don Knotts, as long as Aunt May is Harley.

I wanted Steve Prefontaine's ghost to play Harley but that's just as good.

I wanted Steve Prefontaine's ghost to play Harley but that's just as good.
That's almost as bad as putting Richard Pryor in a Superman movie.

I like it! :up:

I don't want his name to be Jack simply because it was in Batman 89. I know that's a stupid reason but, I like the two movies being as different as reasonably possible.

Nolan will give him his own name. Not Jack.

Strike 3 Marge.

In the script his name is Jack.

Because that's always been the Joker's old name.

The very fact that this thread has persisted is a testament to our own collective inability to ever let anything go.

^and you know this how?

Jack is a burton invention. Why would nolan use it?

Did somebody say recently that Jack Napier was the name used for Joker in a comic in 1978? Or was I trippin'?

In the script his name is Jack.

Because that's always been the Joker's old name.

Look pal you're just wrong okay. There have been all sorts of little facts and theories thrown up about about Joker but officially, nothing is certain apart from the chem bath. Stories about the Jokers life before are strictly speculation and possibilities. The cartoons are another matter and that's probably where you got your idea from before they copied Burtons origin.

Look pal you're just wrong okay. There have been all sorts of little facts and theories thrown up about about Joker but officially, nothing is certain apart from the chem bath. Stories about the Jokers life before are strictly speculation and possibilities. The cartoons are another matter and that's probably where you got your idea from before they copied Burtons origin.

In the comics, he is specifically mentioned as Jack, in Hush returns. And in that comic they even go as far to show a full flashback, part of which is validated by the Riddler who witnessed some of it.

In the comics, he is specifically mentioned as Jack, in Hush returns. And in that comic they even go as far to show a full flashback, part of which is validated by the Riddler who witnessed some of it.

I seriously must have missed that.

Not saying it isn't true.

But how can I forget something like that? :confused:

spoiler

hi dear guys, something I think confusing a little ... is the Joker in Dark Knight film same character as in the Batman 89? In other words is he Jack Napier? or is new filmed divorced from the Burton?
remember for the Batman 89, Jack Napier killed Bruce Wayne parents. But in Batman Begins we see some other guy, a criminal, not the Napier did the murder? but this criminal guy was shot dead in courtroom, so i presume Jack Napier was not Wayne parental killer guy? but can he still be the Joker?

He is Heath Ledger

The hell was Riddler doing there?

Easy. Hush Returns sucked :o
This is true. It took me, and a friend, to remember some of the plot. All we could remember was that Aflred got 'napped and that Thomas Elliot wasn't hush, or something.

Nice to see you around, kid. It's been awhile. :up:

Distrubing.
Stop looking in my window. There is a lady here, and she doesn't like your large nose!

The hell was Riddler doing there?
Coincidence I guess. I thought it was kind of odd too.

JStorm said:
This is true. It took me, and a friend, to remember some of the plot. All we could remember was that Aflred got 'napped and that Thomas Elliot wasn't hush, or something.

Yeah, I glanced the TPB in a Barnes and Nobles and I only read the Joker part of it, I can't say much in regards to the rest of the story. From what I hear it left quite a bit to be desired.

Yeah, I glanced the TPB in a Barnes and Nobles and I only read the Joker part of it, I can't say much in regards to the rest of the story. From what I hear it left quite a bit to be desired.

I have the original run. I just don't want to go dig it up. :(

Nice to see you around, kid. It's been awhile. :up:

Yeah, too long. I've taken to lurking and only posting when I have something remotely pertaining to the topic at hand.

So, in essence, I'm a ninja :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"