Justice League What JUSTICE/Change would you like to see in any Character

Vartha

Mod of Thunder
Reaction score
OKAY I'll start this for you folks. If you could change Actors, and or the Character's Personality in the films WHAT would they BE?

I'll stick this for now, but please keep this type of discussion civil, don't go into the Threads labeled for ACTORS basically saying they are no good. Bring your ideas HERE

I like Eisenberg as an actor and I think he can pull of Lex, but didn't like his character in BVS.

In David Fincher's The Social Network there's a moment where Eisenberg really gets close to what I believe Lex should be like.

movie1.png

https://youtu.be/eYkuFpVwEOc

It's a scene where you really see Zuckerberg considers himself above everyone else in the room in terms of power and intelligence.

Last edited:
Also Henry Cavill's Superman honestly you just feel sad for the guy.

-spent most of his life unsure about his powers
-dad basically commits suicide in front of him to hide his abilities
-has fun exploring his abilities only to learn that genocidal aliens are coming
-thrown right into the frying pan and is forced to fight said genocidal aliens with little training
- has to kill Zod with his bare hands

-Then the whole world is still unsure about him, he constantly gets criticized by the media.
-gives up for a while
-comes back to get pummeled by Batman
-then dies killing Doomsday

Please give the man some breathing room to actually be Superman. This arc of Clark being unsure of his place in the world has gone on long enough. Let Henry's charm come out like in Man From Uncle. I want Superman to come back confident and knows his place in the world.

Last edited:
Relax Jesse's goofiness a bit, and don't add 'umm' or 'aahha' to his dialogue.

I don't see a point of this thread, as it's something that tends to be discussed in respective character's threads.

Those threads are also the ACTOR threads, they're for what the Actor is also doing at events, birthdays, what ever not just their character.
THIS thread is to discuss who you would change and why.

EDIT: The OTHER reason is you have All the main DC heroes in the JL so it's easier to do it this with the larger group of characters and how THEY interact

Those threads are also the ACTOR threads, they're for what the Actor is also doing at events, birthdays, what ever not just their character.
THIS thread is to discuss who you would change and why.

EDIT: The OTHER reason is you have All the main DC heroes in the JL so it's easier to do it this with the larger group of characters and how THEY interact

That is true for sure, but discussing both in those threads never seemed to be the problem before. Also, I think it was easier to discuss it in separate threads, since it is likely that people will have too many different discussions at the same time here, resulting in a conversation that is hard to follow and things getting "lost in translation". Then again, I might be wrong.

I do fully agree with a second reason though...

I'd definitely change Lex Luthor. I am fine with the new one since I gotta be, but if I had a chance, I'd make him closer to his STAS counterpart. More mature, suave, handsome. He would be charming and able to hide his ulterior motives.

Seeing him nervous and awkward while delivering the lines at the end kind of ruined the character for me. Making him look calm, relaxed and confident about the situation would be a good change in the character's portrayal. I also want to see him as a serious, evil and cunning businessman secretly weaving conspiracies against his peers/superheroes he hates or want to get rid of for his benefit.

I'd replace Jesse Eisenberg with Damian Lewis, and I would rework the Lex Luthor character to be like Gus Fring on steroids.

I'd replace Jared Leto with Walton Goggins in a heartbeat, and let Goggins just do his thing.

Replace Jesse Eisenberg with any of these guys: Guy Pearce, Joel Edgerton, Christian Bale, Damien Lewis, Peter Sarsgaard, Jake Gyllenhaal, Corey Stoll, Paul Dano, Dominic West, Topher Grace, Alan Tudyk, Timothy Olyphant.

Replace Jared Leto with any of these guys: Adrien Brody, Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jake Gyllenhaal, Alan Tudyk.

Replace Amy Adams with Rachel McAdams.

I'd Lois to have more attitude.

I think Lex could be darker and Supes could be lighter. Post BvS, I imagine that's what will happen anyways.

While I still think Leto could give a better performance in future movies, I also wouldn't mind if he was recast. The makeup makes the transition pretty easy imo. Gyllenhaal or Guy Pearce would be my picks.

Last edited:
I like Jesse as an actor. Not as Luthor (or at least the portrayal showed)
He is not my first choice (Jesse), I'd rather have someone like Corey Stoll, say what you want about Ant-Man but the guy was basically Luthor in it, calm, cool headed, sinister and with enough personality. Plus he already haves the bald dome:
Peter_Russo_zps1405feb5.jpg

I thought of Stoll as Lex right off too. I wonder if he had some issue doing both Ant-Man and BvS?

That is true for sure, but discussing both in those threads never seemed to be the problem before. Also, I think it was easier to discuss it in separate threads, since it is likely that people will have too many different discussions at the same time here, resulting in a conversation that is hard to follow and things getting "lost in translation". Then again, I might be wrong.

I do fully agree with a second reason though...
That's why you quote or multiple quote tho. I'm SURE the further along the film goes, we'll see different actors at different times too, so comparing THEN & NOW will be easier that way.

I thought of Stoll as Lex right off too. I wonder if he had some issue doing both Ant-Man and BvS?
Who knows really? Never knew HE was a candidate for Lex :huh:
tumblr_lvil71y0cy1r0knm5o1_500.gif

The guy has everything to BE Lex.

Well I don't even know if he was considered lol I should have said "I wonder there WOULD have been some conflict between BvS and Ant-man, Granted Ant-man took 8 years to get OUT there lol"
Who knows really? Never knew HE was a candidate for Lex :huh:
tumblr_lvil71y0cy1r0knm5o1_500.gif

The guy has everything to BE Lex.

Lex Luthor Changes, different actor all together or just a simple tweak to Jesse's performance?

Last edited:
Different Actress for Lois, the way she acts as Lois what would YOU change

That works, Just change the ^^^TITLE^^^ of your post when you first have an idea for a character. I forgot you could do that lol
THIS way you can quote from that idea and the title of the idea will stay the same with-in this Thread as you can see above

Last edited:
Most of us want to see Cavill smile, granted, and I want to see Superman give optimism and hope too. That's the spirit of Superman.

I also want to see the aggressive side to Superman. I'm not talking about physical aggression though, which granted, we've seen Superman pretty much use the maximum effort of his powers--I want to see Superman getting aggressive with Batman when they have a disagreement or like in Supergirl when he got firm with John Jones. I want Superman to be a boss.

Ultimately, the biggest change I want to see in the character is for Superman not to be a silent superhero. Speak up for the love of God. Give him more lines.

I think you mean assertive. If you think people are complaining about Superman now... an 'aggressive' Superman would play out like an entire movie of the Knightmare sequence.

That's why you quote or multiple quote tho. I'm SURE the further along the film goes, we'll see different actors at different times too, so comparing THEN & NOW will be easier that way.

You make a very good point.

Are you happy now? :o

Most of us want to see Cavill smile, granted, and I want to see Superman give optimism and hope too. That's the spirit of Superman.

I also want to see the aggressive side to Superman. I'm not talking about physical aggression though, which granted, we've seen Superman pretty much use the maximum effort of his powers--I want to see Superman getting aggressive with Batman when they have a disagreement or like in Supergirl when he got firm with John Jones. I want Superman to be a boss.

Ultimately, the biggest change I want to see in the character is for Superman not to be a silent superhero. Speak up for the love of God. Give him more lines.
THIS.
A Superman that gives actual optimism and hope yet still has a temperament and a strong-willed personality. Firm and good natured that you can notice from the Phantom Zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"