First Avenger what kind of movie should this be?

sabetoonth

Where You Get Those Eyes?
Reaction score
should it be more war flick or superhero movie? drama perhaps, or propaganda film?

It's hard to say. Keep in the tone that TiH and Iron Man have established, I'd say. I wouldn't REALLY want it to be an Inglorious Basterds kind of thing, where WW2 is just a theme being used, I'd like it to be about the war. There still should be elements of the traditional superhero film too though.

thats what i was thiking, ww2 should be there, but thats about it, it helpsprogress the story, but isnt really like the sole drive if drive at all for characters

id like it to be 30% WWII, and i'm talking about Saving Private Ryan-gritty Cap-being-a-badass WWII, and 70% present day with Steve trying to adjust how much the world has changed, and sees how badly the country needs him. i think it could work with a heightened-reality feeling like Batman Begins rather than a traditional superhero feel.

Why can't it just be a dramatic action film, I don't think it needs the humor of Iron Man or the darkness of TIH.

I'd like to say a movie like saving private ryan and throw in a Captain America would be just fine for me.

id like it to be 30% WWII, and i'm talking about Saving Private Ryan-gritty Cap-being-a-badass WWII, and 70% present day with Steve trying to adjust how much the world has changed, and sees how badly the country needs him. i think it could work with a heightened-reality feeling like Batman Begins rather than a traditional superhero feel.

exactly, this is the way to bridge it to the avengers movie which i'm sure at the end of the cap film we will see fury and stark approaching steve about the avengers initiative.

now were talking! literally. i can see thisbeing a drmatic action/warflick, with just that air of disbeleif so you can beleive a man can be frozen inthe arctic

I watched Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow over this past weekend and didnt realize I was watching a Captain America movie. I think the movie should take this route as there is retrotech with giant robots and death rays and such.

i really dont see them going that route when theyre gonna merge him into the Avengers afterwards. love Sky Captain though.

exactly and Avengers isnt going to be a super realistic movie. Avengers should be much of the same. Giant robots or monsters to fight and evil villians...bad place Thor is going to be in it so how real is it going to be

Personally, I'd like to see 15% pre-super soldier serum character background, 75% of it to be a gritty war drama during WWII and the last 10% a lead into the Avengers movie. The issues of Cap fitting into today's society can be introduced, but I'd prefer it is mainly addressed in The Avengers more. That's just what I'd like to see.

Last edited:
When captain america throws his mighty shield all those who oppose his shield must shield when the red the white and the blue come shooting through when captain america throws his mighty shield

He got the words wrong. Here's the correct version:

When captain america throws his mighty shield
all those who oppose his shield must yield
if he's led to a fight and a duel is due
then the red the white and the blue will come through
when captain america throws his mighty shield

Why do I know these things? :o

I'm glad that the entire movie will be taking place during WWII. I was worried the studio and/or marvel would be too timid to do that with the movie, fearing that it wouldn't appeal to younger viewers. The trailers look great so far.

I hope it will be quite dark. You don't play light when you have a war movie with Red Skull as the villain. The humour in the movie should be handled carefully.

I'm also glad that it seems almost the entire movie will take place during the World War. Also the trailer looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"