First Avenger what comics should do use as influence for this movie?

ironman29758

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think we asked all the questions instead of the most importan question: what parts of the comic should this movie. I was about to start a thread asking if we should or shouldn't make a thread wondering if we should or use Ultimate Marvel Cap as influence for this movie then I saw there was no site asking what part of the comic they should use for this movie.
I think the movie should combine Mythos: Captain America, Ultimate Captain America(partically the World War 2 flashbacks and the ultimate origins version), and some golden age cap stories(espacially his origin.)
what do you think they should use.

I'm curious myself to see if the recent Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Micro episodes is a possible forshadowing to the storyline they will follow in the upcoming film since "Hydra" is the enemy with the Red Skull and not the natzi.

I would be ecstatic with Brubaker's run being used as a template for the movie. I think that's whats annoyed me so far, how Brubaker really welcomes the feel of the era and it feels like the film is missing certain points that could have been interesting.

I would love to see Bucky become the Winter Soldier and of course you have to have the original golden age comics as an influence for the movie.

If I was doing the movie my way, there would be influences mostly from:

CAPTAIN AMERICA by Ed Brubaker - the flashback segments and the portrayal of Bucky would be a big influence.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #66 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby - Red Skull tells his origin to Captain America while he's got him captured and torturing him. One of my single favourite comic stories of all time.

ULTMATES #1 by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch - Great retelling of Captain America's last(!) stand. I also liked the concept of the Gail Richards character rather than the creepy Carter family connection romance.

I was under the impression that Joe Johnston and cast were pretty heavily referencing Brubaker in developing the movie. I was certain that during Comic Con, Johnston specifically mentioned Brubaker as an influence in the film. And most recently, Brubaker's interview with MTV mentioned that he was a "consultant" for the movie... although the extent of that job is certainly unknown at the moment.

It seems like they're at least paying homage to some aspects of Ultimate Cap but I'd suspect they'd use Brubaker's run moreso because of it's so recent and so successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"