What next for the WWE, does it have a reason to exist?

The UFC is making toys and that doesn't bother you?? I agree with you on the fact that the WWE shouldn't be marketing to younger children....the programs on TV here are rated TV-PG or TV-14....now the UFC seems to be taking a similar tack and I don't agree with that either....

I never said he would. Deaths happen in boxing, the difference is mainly kids watch the WWE.

That's not true. I believe that far back in this thread, I provided you with a ratings link that stated that WWE's main demographic is males, age 18-34.

In the U.K. hardly any adults would admit to being wrestling fans.

That's not true either. WWF/E drew a crowd of 80,000 at Wembley in 1992. Below is a link of past WWE event in the UK. They regularly draw crowds of 10,000-15,000 people. WWE is VERY popular in the UK. I don't know where you got the idea that they were not.

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfukppv.htm

The UFC is making toys and that doesn't bother you?? I agree with you on the fact that the WWE shouldn't be marketing to younger children....the programs on TV here are rated TV-PG or TV-14....now the UFC seems to be taking a similar tack and I don't agree with that either....

I didn't have a problem with WWE marketing itself as kids' entetainment in the '80s, but once the HIACs, Divas, torture storylines etc..came along, it was clearly not for kids any more. WWE has been pretty intentional about labeling themselves as more mature over the last 15 years or so but I don't agree with the release of the new WWE for Kids magazine.
And the UFC? I've been a fan since '93 but the only show on TV that rivals it's unfettered violence is COPS. If the UFC wants to support youth wrestling programs and dojos, I'm fine with that but not marketing the sport directly at young kids.

I personally like UFC, martial arts and other REAL sports better than WWE. However, my personal opinions do not deny the entertainment that others, like my mother, enjoy in WWE. McMahon is a genius for doing what he's done.

I just personally wish it would end.

The WWE has recently changed it's rating to PG ( If that really means anything)

The WWE has recently changed it's rating to PG ( If that really means anything)

I think Smackdown is PG and RAW is still TV-14 but I haven't paid attention to those. I'm not sure about TNA Impact but any parent should know not to let their kid watch Spike TV, period.

I think Smackdown is PG and RAW is still TV-14 but I haven't paid attention to those. I'm not sure about TNA Impact but any parent should know not to let their kid watch Spike TV, period.

Even Raw now is supposedly PG.

I think a child could be watching worse things. I watched wrestling as a child and my cousin also worked for mcmahon. My brother , cousins , and I all turned out to not be violent people (unless provoked)

What is the draw to WWE? I never understood. These guys aren't...cross that out....Don't SEEM.. that great of fighters, except maybe Kurt Angle who is Olympic quality in wrestling. But, I don't know much about it so my comments aren't of a judgemental nature but one of confusion, disinterest(in the series), and wonderment.

What is the draw to WWE? I never understood. These guys aren't...cross that out....Don't SEEM.. that great of fighters, except maybe Kurt Angle who is Olympic quality in wrestling. But, I don't know much about it so my comments aren't of a judgemental nature but one of confusion, disinterest(in the series), and wonderment.

I'm interested in WWE but have no interest in MMA and very little interest in UFC . It's a matter of choice. I can't get into that show on fox called House but I guess a couple million other people can. People aren't going to be drawn to the same thing . It's just preference.

It's not any different than watching a movie or a play. It's fun once you buy into the spectacle. Watching Ian McKellen in a real street fight probably wouldn't appeal to many people but give him the illusion of being a wizard or a metal-controlling mutant, and it appeals to millions. Whether or not a pro wrestler can actually fight really isn't important though many of the bigger stars have extensive athletic backgrounds. What it comes down to is packaging, character development, and physical storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"