What position would Cap take on torture?

I don't know, but it's important that we think about it.

(1) Superman is not remotely on the Surfer's power level. (2) Captain America lost the support of the country he was supposedly the avatar of.

1. I said comparable, both are energy manipulators that can rip planets apart with ease. Don't be a pain in the @ss, you get where I was going with it.

2. Already mentioned that: "His real power was that he was the American Ideal, not reality. He stood for what America should stand for not necessarily what's legal or acceptable."

Superman's not an energy manipulator, he's a brick. He has some very, very, very, very, very low-level energy manipulation powers--his abilities to absorb one very specific form of radiation and emit one very specific form of energy from his eyes--but he's not an energy manipulator by any stretch of the imagination. He won't be manipulating matter by tinkering with the energy of molecular bonds like the Surfer anytime soon.

I'm nitpicking, but I'm bored.

Superman's not an energy manipulator, he's a brick. He has some very, very, very, very, very low-level energy manipulation powers--his abilities to absorb one very specific form of radiation and emit one very specific form of energy from his eyes--but he's not an energy manipulator by any stretch of the imagination. He won't be manipulating matter by tinkering with the energy of molecular bonds like the Surfer anytime soon.

I'm nitpicking, but I'm bored.

He also stores reserves of that energy in his cells for future use as well as for his abilities to do... well all that super @hit he's always doing. He's not on the surfer's level in that he can't consciously control any of it, but his body does it naturally. But all I was saying is that supes is on the level of guys that can slaughter planets in moments so it's pretty easy when you have that much power to stand for the american ideal, since you're pretty much indestructable, while cap did a better job of it while being someone that a bullet could and did take out.

Please, Cap was just as indestructible as Superman in his own way. Captain America, given the powers that he has, shouldn't really have been able to stand up to half the guys he beats on a regular basis. It's because he's perceived as the shining example of heroism that he gets some super-badass feats he probably shouldn't.

How does Uncle Sam managed to stay powerful, anyway? I mean, I can't imagine our will being particularly strong or anything. :confused:

Please, Cap was just as indestructible as Superman in his own way. Captain America, given the powers that he has, shouldn't really have been able to stand up to half the guys he beats on a regular basis. It's because he's perceived as the shining example of heroism that he gets some super-badass feats he probably shouldn't.

He's the greatest soldier many generations ever had, well trained in the martial arts with immense combat experience. He worked to maintain and improve on this every day and is considered one of the greatest strategists the world has ever known.

Now if batman can do half the @hit he can do, then why is cap that unbelievable? I mean experience and will along with the conviction to see it through regardless of your own safety should count for something.

He's the greatest soldier many generations ever had, well trained in the martial arts with immense combat experience. He worked to maintain and improve on this every day and is considered one of the greatest strategists the world has ever known.

Now if batman can do half the @hit he can do, then why is cap that unbelievable? I mean experience and will along with the conviction to see it through regardless of your own safety should count for something.
Simple: Batman shouldn't be able to do half the **** he can do, either. Comics have always had a definition of "normal human" that borders on the absurd--then trips, crashes through the border, and then rolls head-over-heels for miles like some sort of Vaudeville act.

I like to look at it as the sort of internal physics that exist in action movies, really. I mean, knowing martial arts does not usually let you jump seven feet into the air. But you try telling that to Drew Barrymore.

PJ said:
Does it get pulled offstage by a giant hook, too?

Nah, the audience eats that s**t up for some reason.

I think Captain America would be against it,he seen it with his own eyes..and he would say that those who tourture people..are no better than the evil ones themselfs.

I like to look at it as the sort of internal physics that exist in action movies, really. I mean, knowing martial arts does not usually let you jump seven feet into the air. But you try telling that to Drew Barrymore.

Conversely, Jackie Chan pretty much just does whatever the actual **** he wants, and reality says "yes sir" and gets out of the way.

Jackie Chan's never jumped seven feet into the air, as I recall. Which, of course, just means that Drew Barrymore is a better martial artist than Jackie Chan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"