What real Right do Humans have Over this Planet???

see if you want to get into this existential thought why not take it to it's natural conclusion. life inherently is a destructive force. so lets destroy all life.

In 100 to 200 years from now people will look back and call us asshooles because we made life hell for them

black_dust said:
In 100 to 200 years from now people will look back and call us asshooles because we made life hell for them

but i don't look back 100 years and call people asshooles though...

but that's probably cause the damage being done now is more than it was before (i assume)

why wouldn't this number increase into the not so seeable future???

ph27home said:
i really think you could define ownership as that which you can destroy.

if you say, what you can affect without outiside intervention, then i would agree on you, and that would also cover the destruction part....

I mean we believe ourselves to be the most intelligent species, but i sure many others feel the same.

we can only judge them by our methods of rationalising 'What makes one intelligent', while they can only do the same i suppose.

Yet saying this, as human beings, we are behaving less and less like animals, with our material functions and lives that will have no major effect on the environment except for pollute and use up natural resources as we breed uncontrollably. Doesn't sound so intelligent to me:o

The thing i was thinking, is that everyone kinda thinks that if there is intelligent life out there, that they would contact us, since this is OUR planet, but is it really?

Humans only provide a small number of the total population of living organisms on this planet, yet we believe it to be ours. Is it because we are at the top of the food change, cause naturally (i.e. without weapons) i don't think this would be the case either.

We aren't the largest animal, we don't have the highest population (especially if you consider sea creatures, and insects as well as bacterias and viruses), we deem ourselves the most intelligent, yet we do the most harm to our natural environment. The only thing we do have is CNN and Cartoon Network:o

Is that enough to be able to claim this planet ours???

just think about it and see what you think...

It's ours until something better comes along.:o

new_shotgun_1a_jpg.jpg

When the animals evolve enough to have opposable thumbs to use the above, then we'll have to reevaluate our status.

Humans are the most intelligent creature on this planet. Therefore we hold claim to it.

Humans are the most intelligent creature on this planet. Therefore we hold claim to it.

We got lucky, that does not mean we should rule. What happened to "Only the strong survive". Humans are one of the physcally weakeast species on the planet, yet we have brain power.

We got lucky, that does not mean we should rule. What happened to "Only the strong survive". Humans are one of the physcally weakeast species on the planet, yet we have brain power.

We're so smart we can kill the polar bears and lions. This is our planet like it or not.

It is quite simply natural selection. What right did the dinosaurs have over the planet? They were simply the most dominant creature. Now man has become that. And anyone who says "Earth would be better off without" or "I hate humans"...should probably either hang themselves or get off their high horse.

I mean we believe ourselves to be the most intelligent species, but i sure many others feel the same.

we can only judge them by our methods of rationalising 'What makes one intelligent', while they can only do the same i suppose.

Yet saying this, as human beings, we are behaving less and less like animals, with our material functions and lives that will have no major effect on the environment except for pollute and use up natural resources as we breed uncontrollably. Doesn't sound so intelligent to me:o

The thing i was thinking, is that everyone kinda thinks that if there is intelligent life out there, that they would contact us, since this is OUR planet, but is it really?

Humans only provide a small number of the total population of living organisms on this planet, yet we believe it to be ours. Is it because we are at the top of the food change, cause naturally (i.e. without weapons) i don't think this would be the case either.

We aren't the largest animal, we don't have the highest population (especially if you consider sea creatures, and insects as well as bacterias and viruses), we deem ourselves the most intelligent, yet we do the most harm to our natural environment. The only thing we do have is CNN and Cartoon Network:o

yeas i do think we have claim to this planet, because of our ability to change it to suit us instead of the other way around

...We have no right.. But we have ego.. and that led us to believe we are masters of the planet..

Watch in like 50 years we'll find out some dumbass animal was the real reason the earth exists, something like a platapus or something.

Humans have the right to act as a caretaker of this planet and use its resources for the advancement of our civilization.

But we don't have the right to abuse and horde those resources to the determent of other humans and of lesser lifeforms. We have the freedom but not the right.

There is a system of justice in existence and eventually humanity will pay the price for our abuse of planet Earth.

No.
Rights are granted.
We don't have the "right" to do anything as a race.
What does it matter that you don't have "The Right" to slaughter all the pygmies....if...you go forth and slaughter all the pygmies.

"Ooooh! :cmad: You don't have the RIGHT!"

"Well, I did it. :huh: F*** off."

America doesn't have the "right" to invade Iraq, overthrow their gov't. and sustain years of bloodshed for the profits of a few.

But......America is doing it.*shrug*
Doesn't matter that it's not their right.

There's no "Right".
If you choose to destroy, there is no judge that comes down and stops you and says, "Stop! You have no RIGHT!"

In fact, that's part of why humans are the dominant race on the planet. WE have an organized societal structure where concepts of authority, and submission, and morality, and law can be codified, and explored in the abstract, and debated and enforced.....as opposed to the law of instinct which shackles the animals.

So if the police detain a guy for years, with no trial, and don't let him have an attorney, he can say, "By YOUR law, I have a RIGHT to all that stuff. So give me what is my RIGHT!"

But if humans run roughshod over the planet like drunken 13 year olds, there is no authority to intervene and stop them and say, "You have no RIGHT!"

It's a silly question, as per ususal.;)

Imagine a world without ppl. Flourishing wildlife, serene and peaceful.
But what would be the point of it if theres no one round to see it?

this is such a hippy thread. Who cares if we destory the planet? We're making room for more people to live. Its bound to happen sooner or later, why delay the inevitable.

No.
Rights are granted.
We don't have the "right" to do anything as a race.
What does it matter that you don't have "The Right" to slaughter all the pygmies....if...you go forth and slaughter all the pygmies.

"Ooooh! :cmad: You don't have the RIGHT!"

"Well, I did it. :huh: F*** off."

America doesn't have the "right" to invade Iraq, overthrow their gov't. and sustain years of bloodshed for the profits of a few.

But......America is doing it.*shrug*
Doesn't matter that it's not their right.

There's no "Right".
If you choose to destroy, there is no judge that comes down and stops you and says, "Stop! You have no RIGHT!"

In fact, that's part of why humans are the dominant race on the planet. WE have an organized societal structure where concepts of authority, and submission, and morality, and law can be codified, and explored in the abstract, and debated and enforced.....as opposed to the law of instinct which shackles the animals.

So if the police detain a guy for years, with no trial, and don't let him have an attorney, he can say, "By YOUR law, I have a RIGHT to all that stuff. So give me what is my RIGHT!"

But if humans run roughshod over the planet like drunken 13 year olds, there is no authority to intervene and stop them and say, "You have no RIGHT!"

It's a silly question, as per ususal.;)

Just yesterday I read many of the replys you wrote in the "womans day/woman gets 90 lashes in saudia arabia" thread. You done a very good job of explaining that there should be a moral standard of which people should live by and you done it with conviction by using words such as 'shouldn't', 'should' ect. And now you're saying that the standards of the laws that we have embedded in our conscience are all relative?

What gives?

Read this

And BTW, "wildlife" is ANYthing but "serene and peaceful".
Hasn't b_f ever watched PBS? :huh:
Nature is a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"