The Avengers What sort of MARKETING does THE AVENGERS need to bring in the GA that are not fans?

Haven't been in this thread for a while, so I just read through it to kind of catch up on the talking points. I still stand by my original post. Non comic fans who haven't yet seen Thor or Captain America will be brought in if they see those on DVD. Pretty much everyone saw Iron Man. Other than that, if the trailers are good, and the advertising doesn't over saturate, Marvel might be able to add some viewers, but it'll be a small percentage of the total viewing audience.

They're not getting many more viewers outside of those who have seen the lead-in movies, or who will rent/buy them. Any clout the actors' names have has been used. And, let's face it, the names in The Avengers are Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, and Sam Jackson. Of those, RDJ is the one with real box office draw right now, which brings me back to the point that anyone he would attract already has been.

I dont know ANYTHING about marketing.
But I would have come up with something far better than that phtoshopped mostrosity of an EW cover that is about to be released.

Yeah, EW dropped the ball on that one. I can think of a couple of different ways to have made the cover more aesthetically pleasing.

I would still like to see some cameos from the likes of Natalie Portman, Tim Roth, Liv Tyler, Kat Dennings, William Hurt etc. Yes, they've already resolved some of the storylines with The Consultant, but it would've been cool to have had a cameo of stars like these epic movies of decades past.

There's still plenty of time for pickup shots. The post-credits scenes for Iron Man 2 and Thor were shot a few months before the film's release, as well as Captain America's ending scene. But if anyone should make a cameo, it should be Portman.

People who saw Thor are going to wonder where Jane is when Thor, Loki and Dr. Selvig are in The Avengers (but not Thor's love interest). A short throwaway scene with Jane at home or in her lab, and then she catches Thor and Captain America battling on TV. Cut to a smile growing across her face, and cut away for Thor 2 to pick up from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"