What type of Comicbooks do you writers write?

Kevin

Doug not so Funny
Reaction score
Not sure if this goes here, but if not, it can be moved. Anyway, What genre, such as Crime, Superhero, Horror, and more, do you write? And is everyone able to read it, I mean rating wise.

I've got four ideas right now. One's fantasy comedy/drama, involving various mythological figures, one's sci-fi comedy/drama, revolving around a group of aliens traversing the stars, one's a slightly more traditional super hero book that is, primairily, a drama, and one is sort of a super hero book, but based very heavily in real world concepts and set in the year 2047.

Q, you ever feel like you're doing too much? That's how I feel lately. I have all these Ideas in my head, then all these stories, comics, short stories that i'm writing, and on top of that, I'm teaching myself to draw.... I know I'm doing too much, but I can't help it. I think I may go crazy.

COMICBOY said:
Q, you ever feel like you're doing too much? That's how I feel lately. I have all these Ideas in my head, then all these stories, comics, short stories that i'm writing, and on top of that, I'm teaching myself to draw.... I know I'm doing too much, but I can't help it. I think I may go crazy.

Well, I'm not doing them all at once.

I feel that I never have enough time, so it's best to just do everything right away. Life is way too short.

I have the same problem as you CB. Just way to many ideas. Thanksfully I go into enough detial in my notes to fill out story arcs. I have some major storys for comic idea that will hopefully get made someday. And I've already taught myself the coic script format took me a bit of time to sit down to better understand it.

COMICBOY said:
I feel that I never have enough time, so it's best to just do everything right away. Life is way too short.

That is a terrible way to aproach writing. You have to take your time, or you'll work youself to death.

I'm working on a strip for my paper called Unfiltered. It features two smokers, following a basic Clerks-format dialectic. The characters are not modeled off of Dante and Randal at all, however, and their discussions are far differently structured and deal with different material. It is a thinking/comedic piece. We're also preparing to work it up into at least one full-length book with a few different short stories.

My friend and I had an idea for a series (I would write and he would draw) but I doubt it'll get off the ground.

^does it matter to you if it does? For that matter, why do you guys write or draw? I do it because it's fun. I don't really care if I make it big, well, a little I do care, but my work is just there for me to do.

COMICBOY said:
^does it matter to you if it does? For that matter, why do you guys write or draw? I do it because it's fun. I don't really care if I make it big, well, a little I do care, but my work is just there for me to do.
What I meant was that we'll probably never get it started. We haven't made an issue yet.

OOHHH.... my biz. Why not?

I always seem to think of ideas for things to happen in the middle of an arc, but no ideas for how they should start or end, or how to string everything together. I can write decent short stories, but any time I try to do longer stuff, it feels disjointed and rushed. I'd love to start a comic, but I don't know anyone who A) can draw, and B) is interested without me having to pay them.

So nowadays the only real writing I do is for the RPGs (though I'm planning on getting a Superman fan-series up)

Mostly superhero, but I've been expandin' into comedic non-super stuff like Ghostbusters and a personal creation.

Dark comedies. Usually commenting on politics or religion...that was a while back

I guess it will, in the end, come down to drama. I'm not big on the action because I'm more about telling a story. There might be a punch here or there, I'll try to throw in a bit or comedy (At best, it'll be forced and you can tell it is) but the story, the characters, the emotion are what I mostly end up with. So, I'm all about the drama.

I write screen plays. Mostly comedies (so far). My style has been compaired to a cross between Kevin Smith and Monty Python....I'm not sure how I feel about that....

But when I do write comics. Its mostly dark violent stuff....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"