The Winter Soldier What villain should be pulling Winter Soldier's strings?

My impression is that Waldau could have very well been in the running for Crossbones.

More and more it's looking like Zola will be Winter Soldier's boss.
Him and Josh Holloway were up for roles and then we didn't hear anything about them after Grillo got hired. Makes it kind of look like they were all up for the same role, especially considering that Holloway is doing a new TV pilot for CBS.

No confirmation on Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

I expect another villain besides Crossbones and Zola. Those characters are mainly henchmen. I expect a mastermind villain like Baron Zemo.

no Doc Faustus? John Goodman was born to wear that monocle.

Here was the report that mentioned Coster-Waldau:
http://latino-review.com/2012/10/12/exclusive-focus-guardians-cast-cap-2/

"What we do know is there are two male roles up for grabs. One is an American character and the other is a foreign character, both roles – we cannot stress enough – are physical."

Frank Grillo as Crossbones is, I'm assuming, the American role, and he definitely fits the description of physical. So it seems there's at least one more role yet to be cast.

"What we do know is there are two male roles up for grabs. One is an American character and the other is a foreign character, both roles – we cannot stress enough – are physical."

Frank Grillo as Crossbones is, I'm assuming, the American role, and he definitely fits the description of physical. So it seems there's at least one more role yet to be cast.

That was always my understanding, too. They *might* have been simply talking about Toby Jones as Zola, but that seems unlikely, since Zola's role wouldn't likely be "up for grabs" --- it rightly belongs to Jones.

So if there's a foreign (I read other reports that specifically said "European") character still "up for grabs," then that's probably your actual string-puller right there. Zemo, Lukin, Faustus, Strucker....all likely targets for someone like Coster-Waldau. I'm still betting NCW *has* been cast for one of those, and it's still under wraps for the next few weeks or so.

How late into shooting did we find out, finally, that Mandarin was actually in IM3?

If we trust that source...

I don't exactly trust the source, however, Zola is not a leader and Crossbones has always been a henchman. I think the story needs another big bad to matchup against all the heroes in the film. With that in mind, and the rumors that are floating around, I think it is very safe to assume there will be another casting announcement for an evil-doer on the level of Zemo or someone of similar competence.

I hope this film can be as good as the last one. Captain America was such a fun film. I kinda want the villain to be a surprise and then show him in the trailer.

With the press release and the start of filming, and no other villains announced, it looks like they'll be using one of the already-announced people, unless there's some hidden cameo.

Winter Soldier works for the Russian government, so there's no need to introduce a primary string puller for most of the film. Maybe at the end we'll get a reveal of who was influencing the Russian government or something. Either Von Strucker or Zemo.

that article is kind of dated, but if it's correct i'm going to bet that the physical "foreign" part ended up being GSP

It's definitally gunna be Zemo. It HAS to be.

that article is kind of dated, but if it's correct i'm going to bet that the physical "foreign" part ended up being GSP
I posted that article a month ago.

But you may be right, Batroc fits the description. I just don't understand how GSP could beat out those other two guys though. And why would they be up for a role like Batroc anyway? It'd be a waste of talent.

They may have decided they didn't want it, or didn't want it at whatever the price on offer was.

I posted that article a month ago.

But you may be right, Batroc fits the description. I just don't understand how GSP could beat out those other two guys though. And why would they be up for a role like Batroc anyway? It'd be a waste of talent.

Maybe Batrocs role was originally bigger but Marvel decided to cut a lot of his scenes, so instead of going with Sawyer or Jamie Lannister we got the Kick boxer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"