What was DC's worst miniseries?

Lorendiac

Civilian
Reaction score
Wikipedia claims that DC only calls a limited series a "miniseries" if it has anywhere from 2 to 8 issues. Fine, let's go with that rule. What was their worst miniseries ever, eight issues or less?

I'll start the bidding with:

Conqueror of the Barren Earth. A 4-part miniseries in the mid-80s, written by Gary Cohn, and plotted somewhat like a really trashy romance novel in which the proud blond heroine becomes the sex slave of another guy, and first we are told in captions that she's actually fallen in love with him as his slave . . . then she later kills him because he was, after all, her enemy. I bought a bagged set of the entire mini at a sale some years ago and I really think it's the most painfully awful DC miniseries in my collection.

For some reason, I think that one was even worse than Frank Miller's Dark Knight Strikes Again - although it's a very close thing. :eek:

Dark Knight Strikes Again is definantly not the worst miniseries.
All Star Batman and Robin is.

SpeedballLives said:
Dark Knight Strikes Again is definantly not the worst miniseries.
All Star Batman and Robin is.

I have not been reading it at all, but I didn't think that was a miniseries. The impression I got, a year or more ago when the All-Star titles were first announced, was that they were intended to go on and on indefinitely, with different "all-star" creative teams rotating in and out for each story arc, with stories that weren't necessarily connected to each other or to any kind of "regular continuity"? Much like Batman's old "Legends of the Dark Knight" title when it started way back when?

I've got several of DC's worst miniseries; Hey, they were giving them away.

Wild Dog was pretty dumb. No real nuance in the story at all. And there were like no real hint as to who was Wild Dog until they actually told you. Didn't warrant a second read at all.

Lorendiac said:
I have not been reading it at all, but I didn't think that was a miniseries. The impression I got, a year or more ago when the All-Star titles were first announced, was that they were intended to go on and on indefinitely, with different "all-star" creative teams rotating in and out for each story arc, with stories that weren't necessarily connected to each other or to any kind of "regular continuity"? Much like Batman's old "Legends of the Dark Knight" title when it started way back when?
Oh, i thought it was a miniseries. oh well. it's bad none the less. i got the first two. Miller turned the batman into a psychotic, kidnapping, show-off, plus he's more of an ass than he should ever be.

it helps if you all at ASB&R as a satire

I'm sure it would. Unfortunately, that's not what the All-Star comics were marketed as, so it's a bit of a *****e move for Miller to write it as such. I'm still not convinced that's not just how he sees Batman ideally, either.

me either, but I just tell myself that to lessen the pain

Ben Urich said:
DKSA was just ****ing unholy.
It's true. I brought it to church once and it turned to ash right in my hands. As if the Almighty Himself wanted to spare me the pain. :(

TheCorpulent1 said:
It's true. I brought it to church once and it turned to ash right in my hands. As if the Almighty Himself wanted to spare me the pain. :(

Its been known to even turn away the devil.

DKSA looked the devil in the eye... and the devil blinked. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"