What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Knight Rises

The Predator in the theater (a moderate disappointment)
Solo: A Star Wars movie at home (not a bad movie but not one I feel I missed out on in the theater either)

From Russia with Love (my very favourite Bond film until Skyfall came along, and even then it's damn close)

Jumanji 2. I expected something funnier.

The meg.
Even for free it was too expensive.
Excrutiating dialogues, acting below absolut zero, forced emotionnl scenes.

I don't remember but he does some pretty Stathamesque stuff to the shark.

9141OicT5HL._SX342_.jpg

BATMAN NINJA (2018)
Quality = 4/10
Joy = 3/10

Ok art accompanied by shoddy animation, poor characterization and buffoon Batman, nonsensical plot, nonsensical logic, villain team-ups that make no sense and suddenly happen without rhyme or reason, foolish plot twists....

Batman asks a guy in a Joker mask; "WHO SENT YOU?"
World's greatest detective.

The best things are the characterization of Robin, the homage to the 1966 intro theme, and the homage to Detective Comics 27 (1939 issue).

Batman: Gotham Knight
Batman Begins
You both sat through better Batman experiences than the one I sat through.

X-men Days of Future Past

Boring and vastly inferior sequel completely lacking in every department that made the first so great, at times it feels like a DTV film, the most interesting aspect is spotting all of the familiar faces from various 80's action movies.

5/10

9141OicT5HL._SX342_.jpg

BATMAN NINJA (2018)
Quality = 4/10
Joy = 3/10

Ok art accompanied by shoddy animation, poor characterization and buffoon Batman, nonsensical plot, nonsensical logic, villain team-ups that make no sense and suddenly happen without rhyme or reason, foolish plot twists....

Batman asks a guy in a Joker mask; "WHO SENT YOU?"
World's greatest detective.

The best things are the characterization of Robin, the homage to the 1966 intro theme, and the homage to Detective Comics 27 (1939 issue).

You both sat through better Batman experiences than the one I sat through.

NK1APAB.gif

Mandy

Second half is where this film truly shines. Saddening, rage-driven affair with a stellar Nicolas Cage.

9/10

Saving Mr Banks (for the first time) - 8/10

Hugely enjoyable, if not too similar to Finding Neverland. Hanks was very impressive as Walt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"