• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1YlH6w7.png

A ★★★★½ review of The Invisible Man (2020)
The Invisible Man

Brilliantly well done and a lot of fun. It's probably one of the best recent examples of recontextualizing a classic and have it be culturally relevant today with mental health and abusive relationships. Leigh Whannell pretty much took his sensibilities from Upgrade and use it in a more subdued and eerie way. They do such a great job having each scene marinate and develop naturally so when things do go crazy, it earns that moment. It's also incredibly well shot and so crisp and the sound design was also phenomenal. While Oliver Jackson-Cohen who plays The Invisible Man does play a crucial role in the movie, this is pretty much Elisabeth Moss' movie and she delivers an incredible performance. All that being said, there are some continuity problems I have with it and some logical issues with a couple of the characters. It didn't really ruin the scene, but it did still kinda bugged me. Overall, I really loved it. It's exactly what the Universal Monsters should be doing instead of a Mission Impossible ripoff like The Mummy.
4.5/5

WACmYyN.jpg

A ★★★ review of Impractical Jokers: The Movie (2020)
Impractical Jokers: The Movie

A lot of fun. If you're a fan of the hidden camera show then the movie is exactly for you. It does exactly what you'd see in the show only with bigger pranks, but with a roadtrip plotline that deals with Paula Abdul that connects each prank. It's almost exactly the same concept as Bad Grandpa only done slightly better. Overall, it's enjoyable but nothing out of the ordinary.
3/5

What did you think of the sequel?
Okay as it's own thing, but not a patch on the original. And it completely blows out the ending of the first one (depending on which ending you saw, as there are two). I look on it as a 'What if?' story, as in
What if Sarah had survived?

The African Queen. I commented on here only a couple of weeks ago how it was one of my favourites. Turned on the TV today and there it was :yay:

Okay as it's own thing, but not a patch on the original. And it completely blows out the ending of the first one (depending on which ending you saw, as there are two). I look on it as a 'What if?' story, as in
What if Sarah had survived?
Well said and I very much agree. Bizarrely, I seem to recall the sequel being received as very nearly an equal to the first, if not better. It was quite a surprise to me when I looked up its wiki page and saw that it actually has a mixed to negative response from most viewers. I don't know why I remembered it as being the opposite.

Well said and I very much agree. Bizarrely, I seem to recall the sequel being received as very nearly an equal to the first, if not better. It was quite a surprise to me when I looked up its wiki page and saw that it actually has a mixed to negative response from most viewers. I don't know why I remembered it as being the opposite.
I didn't know that. No, it's nowhere near in the same league as the first.

81TqkXW2pPL._RI_.jpg

Wow. Man...Denzel got snubbed. He’s extraordinary in this. I simply don’t see Denzel when I watch this movie, I see Malcom X. He disappears in this role. He doesn’t look like Malcom much at all, but boy he really does capture the essence of the man.

The Invisible Man (2020)
Guns Akimbo (2019)

The Siege (1998) - A fun and enjoyable movie. Denzel was strong and charismatic as usual, Bruce Willis rather wooden. Annette Bening's character wasn't interesting at all to me.

I thought the interplay between the FBI, CIA & military as well as the investigatons into the terrorist cells were the best parts of the movie.

6/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"