• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it has its fans but I really don't like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Dead Air (2009)

dead_air.jpg

Me neither. One of Spielberg's weakest movies. Very unfocused, all over the place and not very exciting.

But I always thought that even by The Last Crusade, if it wasn't for the father and son aspect, Spielberg didn't have much more to say about the character and his adventures.

Which is why I don't think it's as good as Temple of Doom. Aside from the father and son banter, which elevates the movie, it is kind of a less inspired Raiders of the Lost Ark variation, which plays it way too safe and comes off a tad too reactionary to the 1984 backlash. It's still fun and a very good entry in the franchise, just not as good and inspired as the first two movies IMO.

Last edited:
I know it has its fans but I really don't like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Me neither. One of Spielberg's weakest movies. Very unfocused and all over the place and not very exciting.
Spielberg thought a trilogy was enough and didn't pour his heart into this project, he just did it as a favor for his buddy George Lucas.

I like the movie, but expected something better from David Koepp in the story department.

And he wasn't wrong about that. That's six hours of Indiana Jones which would have forever lived on in our hearts and minds.

He probably did it as a favor to Harrison Ford, as well, who has been wanting to reprise the character since the 1990s.

And I don't entirely fault David Koepp for that. There was probably lots of uncertainty involved from Lucas and maybe even Spielberg regarding what story to tell and how much the franchise should be updated for the then current times.

They probably hoped Shia LaBeouf's character would be popular enough to spin off an entirely new Indiana Jones franchise.

for me its

The Last Crusade
Raiders of The Lost Ark
Temple of Doom
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Indiana Jones movies for me rank like this:

1. The Lost Ark
  2. The Last Crusade
  3. Temple of Doom
  4. I'm not cheating by placing anything else as filler, except this comment
  5. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Perfect, haha :up:

Theres something about Last Crusade that is just so perfect to me that i have to put it above raiders, as perfect as Raiders is. not sure if its the father/son dynamic, or how it delves into Indy's past, but its seriously perfect in every way.

I'm probably the only one that doesn't hate Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It is the weakest in the franchise but I don't think it's complete **** and terrible as people make it out to be. I have no problem rewatching it during my own marathon

I'll rewatch it once in a while, as well, it's not complete and utter **** (never said it was) - there are, of course, much worse movies, but it's by far the weakest of the bunch and not exactly a great movie.

The Saint (dir. Phillip Noyce)

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz