What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time watch and other then a few gags I did not find it to be funny at all. Quite boring, actually.

uvk2minlzwcz.jpg

:nuhu:

t63.gif

I haven't seen this since it was in the cinema, I don't remember it being so boring, Wesley is more like the Sleepwalker than the Daywalker here and Ryan Reynolds plays his usual role, and while Jessica Biel pulls of the look and carries herself like a badass vampire hunter, she is badly let down by the poorly edited fight scenes, only Snipes survives that because he's legit. This unrated cut just seems to be a bunch of boring exposition scenes added back in and a lot of cussing.

4/10

8de10336a7a4bfe00e00051572f42571e30a293b.gif

Basket Case

A wild "so bad it's good" horror flick that is also incredibly disturbing about a dude and his disconjoined twin. It's also full of bad actors with terrible ADR that manages to be entertaining. I honestly haven't had this kind of combo since Sleepaway Camp. I love the early 80s grimy NY backdrop and it works extremely well with what's going on in the movie. Overall, dug it. It's exactly the kind of silly midnight movie that would play well in theaters and genre film festivals.
4/5

31 Day Horror Marathon 2020
Day 1 | Host (3.5/5)
Day 2 | Amulet (3/5)
Day 3 | Sputnik (3.5/5)
Day 4 | Vampires vs. the Bronx (3.5/5)
Day 5 | The Other Lamb (4/5)
Day 6 | Black Box (3/5)
Day 7 | 1BR (4/5)
Day 8 | The Stuff (4/5)
Day 9 | The Invisible Man (1933) (5/5) (REWATCH)
Day 10 | The Invisible Man Returns (4/5)
Day 11 | The Invisible Woman (3/5)
Day 12 | The Invisible Agent (3/5)
Day 13 | The Invisible Man's Revenge (2.5/5)
Day 14 | Nocturne (3.5/5)
Day 15 | Martin (3.5/5)
Day 16 | Alien (5/5) (REWATCH)
Day 17 | Aliens (5/5) (REWATCH)
Day 18 | Alien 3 (4.5/5)
Day 19 | Alien Resurrection (2/5)
Day 20 | The Slumber Party Massacre (3/5)
Day 21 | Basket Case (4/5)

Not my kind of humor and it hasn't aged well :shrug:

I could see if people grew up with it enjoying it but meh

Go on YouTube and there are quite a few reaction vids to it from millennials and zoomers. It has absolutely held up well. Maybe you've just gotten boring. :p

Go on YouTube and there are quite a few reaction vids to it from millennials and zoomers. It has absolutely held up well. Maybe you've just gotten boring. :p
Maybe! No, dry humor and slapstick comedy have never been very funny to me to begin with. That's more or less why

8de10336a7a4bfe00e00051572f42571e30a293b.gif

Basket Case

A wild "so bad it's good" horror flick that is also incredibly disturbing about a dude and his disconjoined twin. It's also full of bad actors with terrible ADR that manages to be entertaining. I honestly haven't had this kind of combo since Sleepaway Camp. I love the early 80s grimy NY backdrop and it works extremely well with what's going on in the movie. Overall, dug it. It's exactly the kind of silly midnight movie that would play well in theaters and genre film festivals.
4/5

31 Day Horror Marathon 2020
Day 1 | Host (3.5/5)
Day 2 | Amulet (3/5)
Day 3 | Sputnik (3.5/5)
Day 4 | Vampires vs. the Bronx (3.5/5)
Day 5 | The Other Lamb (4/5)
Day 6 | Black Box (3/5)
Day 7 | 1BR (4/5)
Day 8 | The Stuff (4/5)
Day 9 | The Invisible Man (1933) (5/5) (REWATCH)
Day 10 | The Invisible Man Returns (4/5)
Day 11 | The Invisible Woman (3/5)
Day 12 | The Invisible Agent (3/5)
Day 13 | The Invisible Man's Revenge (2.5/5)
Day 14 | Nocturne (3.5/5)
Day 15 | Martin (3.5/5)
Day 16 | Alien (5/5) (REWATCH)
Day 17 | Aliens (5/5) (REWATCH)
Day 18 | Alien 3 (4.5/5)
Day 19 | Alien Resurrection (2/5)
Day 20 | The Slumber Party Massacre (3/5)
Day 21 | Basket Case (4/5)
Watch the other 2 now.

Between 1938 and 1942 Lew Ayres made 9 Dr. Kildare movies. Yesterday TCM showed 6 of them.
*Young Dr. Kildare (1938) Lew Ayres
*Calling Dr. Kildare (1939) Lew Ayres
*The Secret of Dr. Kildare (1939) Lew Ayres
*Dr. Kildare Goes Home (1940) Lew Ayres
*Dr.Kildare's Crisis (1940) Lew Ayres
*Dr. Kildare's Wedding Day (1941) Lew Ayres

Some trivia about the series -
Starting in the second movie, a nurse was introduced (Laraine Day) that became his girlfriend and then fiance. In the 8th movie (Dr. Kildare's Wedding Day)....they had her hit by a truck and die. Talk about a bummer. The movies are fun and you get to really like all the supporting characters that surround Kildare...and then they make a movie that announces his wedding day in the title, they build it around how his wedding is coming up, and then....WHAM....a truck runs the bride over. A real downer....and especially after investing so much time in the character over a bunch of movies.

Easy to watch feel good rom com that makes the most of it's modern twist on Dickens classic, all the cast give good performances and there's some funny scenes with a nice message at the centre.

7.5/10

I think it holds up well because it makes fun of general movie tropes. Sure, it helps if you know who Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is. But I think the only "bit" that no longer makes sense is the "never has a second cup of coffee at home" one which I think is a reference to an ad campaign of the time or something. Basically everything else is timeless. You don't even need to know the particular movie Airplane is spoofing. It's not like those spoof movies they made in the noughties where they made endless pop culture references that were sometimes already outdated by the time the films came out.

Last edited:
The Woman in Black: Angel of Death (Nowhere near as good as the first, but not bad as its own thing)

kBkbvFd.jpeg

Rebecca

I guess I'm gonna go against the grain on this... I thought it was a really well done remake that closely follows Hitchcock's original film much in the vein of other movies that try to retell a classic in a similar way. Ben Wheatley does a phenomenal job translating it with a modern sense of filmmaking. There's some beautiful cinematography that takes hold of the movie early on. I thought the casting was spot on and Lily James really carries the movie along with Kristin Scott Thomas. A lot of people will be comparing to the original while there are some differences, it's mostly the same with a slicker look to it. Overall, it's very a serviceable thriller that can co-exist with the original.
3.5/5

Doesn't judge it's tone or purpose anywhere near as well as Desperado and the editing in the shootouts isxall over the place, like they didn't film enough coverage, the best sequence is the flashback eecape sequence where Banderas and Salma are chained together.

5.5/10

Fantastic 4 reboot
not as bad to me as everybody else said but I still prefer the one from the early 00s more

Terminator Dark Fate
again, not as bad to me I rather enjoyed it and I loved the female protector (then again I like the actress who played her)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"