What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YXhOUet.jpg

ctVqVCH.gif

BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT

This is an anthology movie I haven't seen in years, I will split quality and joy on each segment, but will not add the aggregate scores for all segments.
I'm a fan of some of Madhouse Studios more detailed work, the art and animation of the studio that dealt with those for this movie is a plus.

One funny thing to note is that you see the Burton-mobile when the announcement was to clarify that it takes place between Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.

nToHPST.gif

Quality = 9/10
Joy = 9/10

The art style (not the animation, for those who confuse the two) for this segment is distracting. But it is the perspective of how some people respond to how they first see Batman or how they picture him, so it's a special story for me.
It ends with Batman being wounded, fatigued, and with some tears in his suit.

6ZMYlFJ.gif

Quality = 8.5/10
Joy = 10/10

This segment is a direct sequel for the previous segment, but you see Batman is not fatigued and his outfit is repaired.
I like the idea of a detective who is annoyed by the reliance on services of a vigilante.

ZLBSWaj.gif

Quality = 9/10
Joy = 10/10

A device to repel bullets does something Batman does not like; putting someone in danger of being hit by a ricochet bullet.
One character from this is mentioned again in the last segment.

IuT27eR.gif

Quality = 7.5/10
Joy = 10/10

A David S. Goyer script shows his normal movie writing quality, it has some stuff that escape the product and do not get the proper attention they deserve.

ZQKAq1y.gif

Quality = 10/10
Joy = 10/10

By far the best segment in this movie. Has the most well done animation, and is some of Brian Azzarello's best writing on a character he is really good with.

f5ZuRqi.gif

Quality = 8.5/10
Joy = 10/10

It opens oddly with Bruce Wayne smiling after remembering the death of his parents, that is a bizarre artistic choice to have.
The rest of the story is straightforward and easy to follow, nothing complicated that ruins the story or is out of sync with what you see before it. DVD cover art is specifically chosen from this particular segment.

My daughter wanted to see the original Planet of the Apes movies, so we started that a few days ago. Last night was Escape from the Planet of the Apes.

Finally caught Ocean's 8

not bad, it was no Ocean's 11, but it was def better than the other 2 sequels
My Cate Blanchett crush continues to grow

Halloween (2018) - 7/10

I honestly didn’t want this franchise to ever continue, but I have to say this was a respectable follow up to Carpenter’s classic. It’s not nearly as good though. There are some weird and random things in the story, the ending was anticlimactic and there wasn’t enough tension throughout. However
the overall the tone and imagery of Carpenter’s film was there, which I appreciated. This is the only sequel I feel like watching again.

oHprnyE.jpg

The Wife

This was really good. Not to give away the plot, but this was a great dissection of a marriage and pride. Glenn Close delivers a phenomenal performance and she does carry this movie especially towards the end. Jonathan Pryce was also fantastic in this and the two were electric when sh** goes down. It's possibly the best role Glenn Close has had in a good while. She definitely deserve all the recognition.
9/10

Last Rampage: The Escape of Gary Tison (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"