Status
Not open for further replies.
SrdtPeb.jpg

EQMStbv.jpg

r0QTTfd.jpg

UkyrOo1.jpg

Reactions: NDX
Rogue One

First time watching it, it was good. I liked it alot, I liked most of the characters. I just wasn't a fan of everyone dying and the fact that they HAD to connect to A New Hope, if it didn't connect I don't think everyone would've died. Otherwise though, good movie.

EquatorialWarmAndeancat-max-1mb.gif

BATMAN V SUPERMAN
Ultimate Edition
Quality = 1/10
Joy = 1.5/10

TRASH!!!! I thought it was watchable trash the first hour despite its low quality, but it soon plummeted to boring trash that still makes no sense. I remember saying before that the added scenes of Clark Kent investigating Batman are useless fluff that are unimportant and I'm glad were cut off from theatrical release, but I don't remember them being two scenes and no more.

A week after watching the theatrical release for the first time I thought it comparable to Mortal Kombat Annihilation in how nonsensical it is, and I am still right about this comparison, except for the point of difference that I find Mortal Kombat Annihilation hilarious while this is more boring than it should legally be.

Aquaman
I didn't envoy it but it was slightly above the others DC movies.
Note, I don't know much about the DC comics characters beside Batman and Superman.

Last edited:
I watched this movie once, it was SO DUMB. An over powered blind guy being OP and dumb things like that. :rant:Personally, I found no joy in this movie.

I caught it on TV. I thought it was an okay time-filler but I've got no interest in seeing it again.
I did not watch it, and I don't care.

Aquaman
I didn't envoy it but it was slightly above the others DC movies.
Note, I don't know much about the DC comics characters beside Batman and Superman.
You don't watch animated shows? You should definitely check Justice League and Young Justice shows.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN
Ultimate Edition
Quality = 1/10
Joy = 1.5/10

TRASH!!!! I thought it was watchable trash the first hour despite its low quality, but it soon plummeted to boring trash that still makes no sense. I remember saying before that the added scenes of Clark Kent investigating Batman are useless fluff that are unimportant and I'm glad were cut off from theatrical release, but I don't remember them being two scenes and no more.

A week after watching the theatrical release for the first time I thought it comparable to Mortal Kombat Annihilation in how nonsensical it is, and I am still right about this comparison, except for the point of difference that I find Mortal Kombat Annihilation hilarious while this is more boring than it should legally be.
I'm endlessly fascinated by what a mess this film is. Actually prefer it over Wonder Woman, which I find to be competently made but forgettable.

Last edited:
You don't watch animated shows? You should definitely check Justice League and Young Justice shows.

I watched some Justice League animated movies, The Dark Knight Returns, Arkam Asylum and The Batman animated series when it aired. Not a fan a teen superheroes, I tried :)

LLXy6ME.jpg

Hunter Killer

Considering it's got both Gerard Butler and Gary Oldman, I went in expecting Geostorm or Criminal levels of stupidity, but it turns out to be a mediocre 90s thriller. It's a movie that totally wants to be another Crimson Tide or U-571, but it doesn't even have the budget or resources to do that. The writing is competent by 90s standards which was interesting, it's cliched as all hell but it wasn't flat out terrible. The movie ends up being a Call of Duty/Tom Clancy game but underwater. The biggest flaw this movie has is the CG because it does feel like it came out of a PS2 game. It's a movie that ends up being very middle of the road levels of mediocrity.
5/10

Te74wYq.jpg

The Rider

Incredible stuff. It's a movie that tackles ideas of masculinity in a way that feels earnest and true. The best thing about this movie has to be Chloé Zhao's direction and her writing. It's a character study about broken people and broken lives and she was able to showcase that extremely well. It's also got some of the best cinematography all of last year. If I had any complaints it would probably be some of the pacing in the middle. Overall, it's a damn good film.
9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"