What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
6D89j4X

Assassin's Creed - great cast and at least they tried to make it like the game. Needed a bit more though.

Hereditary - ?/10

I don’t even know how to score this one. It subverted my expectations all the way through the end. I thought it was going to be strictly about one thing and by the end it turned out to be something totally different. Performances were amazing, the atmosphere was appropriately horrific, the direction was spot on but I really don’t know how I feel about the story. I certainly admired it just like I admired The VVitch (which it reminded me of more and more as the film went on). But right now I can’t settle on a score. Maybe 7/10?

Annihilation - 9/10

This is the kind of Science Fiction I live for. It’s beautiful to look at, it’s mysterious and it has plenty of cerebral ideas beneath the surface. The third act was a trip, let me tell you. My favorite sci-if film of the last 5 years is Arrival and Annihilation felt like it was molded from the same clay as that movie. It isn’t quite as strong as Arrival, but I still loved it. I will be buying the Blu-ray soon.

Yesterday I watched

The Prodigy 5.5
The Lego Movie The Secound Part 8.5
and Nightmare on Elm Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members