What would the title of a new series be?

DACrowe

Avenger
Reaction score
I was just thinking if they really reboot it in a few years, what would the title of a new Batman movie be? I'm sure WB would love to keep "The Dark Knight" given the success of these two movies, but audiences may revolt if it is one that is clearly not in line with the last three. Then again, they may try to distance themselves from the darkness now. Would it be "The Caped Crusader?" Just doesn't have the same ring. Maybe we'll go back to Batman suffixes.

It is actually an amusing problem.

I'm assuming a reboot will come in 2016.

I am glad we are past the point of having to have every Batman movie contain 'Batman' in the title, however considering that 1989 Batman will be 27 years old in 2016, I think it would be long enough to use a simple Batman again.

It really depends on the tone they will go for.

A few titles I like - Shadow of the Bat, Gotham City, but depending on the tone I could even see The Caped Crusader working.

I think, most likely, we will get Batman: Arkham Asylum as a film - using the video game as inspiration. This would fit with a more Justice League-ready Batman, which is Warner's goal.

They will have to retire the 'Dark Knight' titles for a little while, which I'm okay with.

The Batman
The Caped Crusader
Shadow of the Bat

these 3 would be good titles for the reboot

The Batman,Shadow of the Bat, and maybe........The Long Halloween?

I'd like to see Caped Crusader if it were in reference to a Robin origin.

Dark Detective.

Frankly, I'd love for them to not even use titles that evoke the Batman. Instead have the bat symbol and a title. Like the Bond films have 007 in the logo and the title of the film.

You want to do a Joker origin story? The Man Who Laughs.
A Death In The Family
A Lonely Place Of Dying
War Games
False Face Society

You get the gist.

If I was to come up with some titles the first one would be...

The Batman: Gotham Knight

The Caped Crusaders: Batman & Robin

Batman&Robin: Legend of the Dark Knight

I'd be absolutely thrilled if they decided to do some pulp-y throwback films and titles. What if they did do a film that was simultaneously a reboot, skips the origin, but gets into the first appearance of Batman in Gotham? The Case of the Chemical Syndicate.

How about a movie with the Mad Hatter as the villain... call it.... wait for it.... wait for it.... Seduction of the Innocent.

I said it in other thread, but they should really make Batman Beyond movie now. Batman Beyond is like the only main superhero to now have movie made.

I agree with the above poster: Batman is a simple enough title. Then start building up from it.

BATMAN

haven't been used since 1989. Why not use it again?

I would like to see them go to a new name for each film, ala the Bond series or at the very least Batman: Name of Film like the Pirates of the Caribbean films.

Some possibilities:

Batman: Black Mask
Batman: The Man behind the Hood
Batman: Red Hood
Batman: The Man who Laughs
Batman: Shadow of the Bat
Batman: The Caped Crusader
Boy Wonder
Batman: Curse of the Bat
Batman: Legend of the Dark Knight
Batman
Bat-Man

Some possibilities:

Batman: Black Mask
Batman: The Man behind the Hood
Batman: Red Hood
Batman: The Man who Laughs
Batman: Shadow of the Bat
Batman: The Caped Crusader
Boy Wonder
Batman: Curse of the Bat
Batman: Legend of the Dark Knight
Batman
Bat-Man

Sounds ominous! I'd change it around to Curse of the Batman.

If the do "Batman: title" at least have them come up with something new and don't take any existing comic-book title, a riff on it maybe but not a direct rip.

The Batman
Batman 2
Batman 3

Batman Journals

Batman Reborn

Batman Legends

Batman: Electric Boogaloo

Batman 2: Batman'ier

Batman: DarKnight
(seriously can't beileve this was going to be a title at one point..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"