Whatever happened to....?

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
What ever happened to that Frank Miller Batman comic he was doing? It was called like Batman and Robin: all stars or something...And the last issue I've seen of it was Black Canary beating the crap out of a bunch of people are a bar...And then I never saw the comic again.

Was it discontinued? Or do you think my comic store just didn't get the next issues or are they coming out later...or what?

It was a good reas, and I think it portrayed both Robin, Batman and all the characters splendidly. And the artwork was awesome.

It's still going, it's just late like half the comics being published these days.

I sincerely hope your last paragraph is a joke.

ChineseFooD said:
It was a good reas, and I think it portrayed both Robin, Batman and all the characters splendidly. And the artwork was awesome.
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

he's trying to be a smart ass, he bashes batman every chance he can

Actually no. I usually don't like Batman as much as some other heroes, true, but this made me want to read more. Because I actually cared what was going to happen next. There was an actual story, not just "oh let me beat everyone because I can".....And anyway I don't bash Batman I just don't agree with the prep time idea. But let's not argue that here. We can always just bring up the prep time thread for that.

Like when I tried to read Batman a few years back, I kept seeing the same villains over and over. Batman has a rogue's gallery as big as Spider-man's...yet you always see The Joker or Penguin or catwoman. and then he beats these people up or puts them in jail and they come back and do the same crimes. He actually doesn't even put them in jail, because then they'd probablly stay in there. He puts them in Arkham.

If he snapped Joker's neck he'd be saving hundreds of innocent lives. He is his own worse villain in that case.

But with this series, Dick Grayson (who I always liked anyway) is cool even as a kid again. Black canary had a nice edge and Batman was dark and stuff but he wasn't end all and be all. On several pages he was even questioning himself. Which shows he's human. That's what I want.

Assassin, you know that I'm not a Batman hater, because I've said many times that I'm familiar with the character, and actually even like him in lots of ways. I've read the comics and (my favorite besides this was the holiday killer graphic novel...Don't remember what it was called...probablly The Long Halloween or something like that).......

I don't like the idea of him being able to win every fight against anyone. No matter what. I don't think anyone should be like that, not Superman, not Spider-man not Naruto not anyone. Any character that can not fail really has no reason for you to watch or feel suspense, because deep down you know they're going to win. At least Spider-man gets knocked through walls and Superman bleeds...

I think the next All-Star Batman and Robin is not coming back til May because it got pushed back again.

yenaled said:

Okay there was. It was building up to a well written story line, I figure they were just taking their time. I'd rather see new parts of a continuing storyline each issue than see Batman plotting, beating people up, and then taking them to Arkham each issue.

Instead of laughing why not explain how there wasn't?

TheCorpulent1 said:
It's still going, it's just late like half the comics being published these days.

I sincerely hope your last paragraph is a joke.

You probablly know more about batman than me. So I guess it's possible that he isn't captured to a t in this story. But it was engaging, and fun. The artwork was also nice....Like it was a kind of knew way with old characters. So why joke?

ChineseFooD said:
What ever happened to that Frank Miller Batman comic he was doing? It was called like Batman and Robin: all stars or something...And the last issue I've seen of it was Black Canary beating the crap out of a bunch of people are a bar...And then I never saw the comic again.

Was it discontinued? Or do you think my comic store just didn't get the next issues or are they coming out later...or what?

That's because it's the latest issue of the series right now, issue #4 has been pushed back again. The artwork is the only thing keeping the book alive.

The book is so late that it seems like it is cancelled.

I guess it will be canceled then. Most of you guys seem like you don't like it...And Batman said that only the art is keeping fans intrested. With Marvel's Civil War, and DC's Infinite Crisis, 52, and OYL, I don't know if art alone can save it.

OH well....IC,52, and OYL are awesome anyway. I just can't wait till Ion and Shadowpact come out. (Shadowpact is my favorite thing to come out of IC. Finally a team that I started with instead of seeing a group that's been together since before I was born like teen titans or JL/JSA)

It won't be canceled. Miller and Lee's names pretty much guarantee that. If issues come out weekly or yearly, it doesn't matter. People will see those names and Batman's name and buy it. Why? Because the vast majority of the comic-reading public are mindless slaves to labels.

What happened to Miller? I used to think that he was a good writer. All of his Daredevil stuff, Sin City, Ronin, 300, and Batman Year one and DKR were great. And then you have stuff like DKSA, and Batman/Spawn, and All Star. It's like he's been writing every thing while he's stone drunk.

ToddIsDead said:
What happened to Miller? I used to think that he was a good writer. All of his Daredevil stuff, Sin City, Ronin, 300, and Batman Year one and DKR were great. And then you have stuff like DKSA, and Batman/Spawn, and All Star. It's like he's been writing every thing while he's stone drunk.

He probably is. I just think hes a really big hypocrite.

I loved the first 2 issues, the black canary one confused me, but i still like it, its way better than A.S.S

Bullseye said:
The book is so late that it seems like it is cancelled.

It isn't, though with the direction it's going I wouldn't be surprise if it was. So far, they're only on the solict for issue #5.

Yeah I'd have to agree. I saw the cover of A.S.S. and tried to read it, but it was as engaging. Rather dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"