What's the explanation that Kryptonians speak English?

If you read the Red Son comics we learn that Kryptonians [blackout]descended from humans.[/blackout]

Such a great book. If only they'd ever make a feature of it? Although pretty damn unlikely.

They aren't speaking English. They're actually speaking Kryptonian. By an astonishing coincidence, both of our languages are exactly the same.

Kryptonians are humans in the deep future. After Earth's resources are used up, humans are sent to Krypton to inhabit the planet and to continue the human species. Once Krypton is discovered to also be doomed like Earth (their former planet) was, Jor-El sends Kal-El back in time in a time-machine to the planet where the Kryptonian species (human beings) originated: Earth. So Superman is a human being. Bam.

See? Plenty of ideas. Choose your own adventure.
Very similar to the ideas of humans/kryptonians in red son minus time travel

I notice that in animes, aliens always seem to speak perfect Japanese. What the bad place is up with that?
Lol, everybody speaks Japanese in just about every anime. It doesnt matter if the character is American, Brazilian, alien, they all speak the language.

First of all, for all intents and purposes, Kryptonians are humans. They don't have superhuman powers on Krypton; they have superhuman powers on Earth because their biology gets altered in Earth's environment. If anything, Earth makes them alien.

This would be like Perry White going to Krypton and discovering that he can fly. Perry White's a human, yet Krypton's environment alters his DNA. Perry White is now an alien.

If I had to make a series of ridiculous assumptions, I would say that Krypton takes place in a parallel reality (one out of an infinite number of parallel realities), where they are human and speak English just like on Earth. Kal-El's ship is sent through a rip in the fabric of space-time, sending him to an alternate universe where Earth is.

18,000 years ago, when a group of Kryptonians crash landed in the Canadian Arctic, Krypton retrieved data gathered from the ship on Earth, and learned over time through research that the humans of Earth spoke many languages including English and emulated it (along with all other languages) for their own communications.

bad place, I can go all day.

Kryptonians are humans in the deep future. After Earth's resources are used up, humans are sent to Krypton to inhabit the planet and to continue the human species. Once Krypton is discovered to also be doomed like Earth (their former planet) was, Jor-El sends Kal-El back in time in a time-machine to the planet where the Kryptonian species (human beings) originated: Earth. So Superman is a human being. Bam.

See? Plenty of ideas. Choose your own adventure.

i like this explanation here, like i said, in MOS 2 - clark should talk to Jor-El and he explains that krypton is in a parallel universe alternate reality.

and show an intelligent explanation as to why kryptonians speak english but have a written kryptonian language that is not spoken.

It doesn't, because they effortlessly communicate with humans and Superman.

I'd imagine they have the technology to download languages (hence why you see "you are not alone" in about 123456789 languages).

I never really paid attention to that. Man that was a great movie. I did like how krytonians were like this race of uber homo sapiens that have physically and spiritually adapted to thier planet. :BA

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"