What's the Last Book You Read/Finished? - Part 1 Page 1 Chapter 1 Paragraph - Part 4

The Reign Of Marvel Studios by Joana Robinson, Dave Gonzales, and Gavin Edwards. Bought this last week and started reading it yesterday and finished it today. It’s a good book for those who want to know more about history of the MCU. A lot of informative stuff here. Very methodically researched. High recommended from yours truly.

jc4JPv9.jpg

The Haunting of Las Lagrimas -- W.M. Cleese

I read a lot of ghost stories, but this is the best I've read in a long while. Very chilling. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets picked up as a movie soon.

HEX -- Thomas Olde Heuvelt

Reads like a cross between The Cabin in the Woods, Pet Sematary, and The Woman in Black. Doesn't completely live up to its premise, but it has some incredibly creepy moments.

Nothing But Blackened Teeth -- Cassandra Khaw

Khaw has the ugliest writing style I've seen. The central characters are all obnoxious, self-entitled p***ks that you feel no sympathy/empathy for whatsoever, resulting in zero tension (I wanted every one of them to die). The story is paper thin and very much plays second fiddle to Khaw's obvious desire to flaunt a knowledge of Japanese folklore. Thank **** it was short.

I read a lot of horror, but I won't be reading anything more by Cassandra Khaw.

Messages: Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11 by Bonnie McEneaney

Presently re-reading Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King

Watch out for low men in yellow coats.

An Officer and a Gentleman -- Steven Phillip Smith (From the screenplay written by Douglas Day Stewart)

Currently re-reading through the Harry Potter series for the first since...well, I guess since Deathly Hallows was released. I'm nearing the end of Chamber of Secrets and it's been a lot more fun to revisit it than I was expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"