Whats your favorite "What If?"

MJOILNIR

Civilian
Reaction score
Whats your favorite what if book? I like conan vs wolverine and thor vs conan. Lots of other as well.

Mine is what if deaths head1 had lived. It was a fun story and at the end we have DH1 talk about how he has no idea how all these heros don't demand money. We also see alot of heros die and DH blow stuff up. I also like what if soider-man kept his cosmic powers.

Greatest. What If. Ever.:

95076770084.43.GIF

Elijya said:
Greatest. What If. Ever.:

95076770084.43.GIF

That one was good, but i actually liked the prequel much better. (the one where Conan first arrived in our time)...

I also enjoyed What If Spider-Man Had Joined The FF?, and What If Gwen Stacy had lived?...

I've recently started collecting the What if's? again and I've found that I don't have a favorite. There are so many that are good that it's nearly impossible for me to choose.

My favorite is the one where spider-girl is born. It was so good they gave her a book and a universe of her own. Go Mayday.:up:

Aside from the already mentioned, What If 105 which spawned a 100+ series, I really liked What If? Venom possesed the Punisher, an issue where we see Frank really test the potential of the suit

cover.pl

I've been reading What If's since they first came out in the 70's. Sadly, the first one I got was What If The Might Marvel Bullpen became the Fantastic Four. I do remember reading it numerous times, though. Those Vol. 1 issues are so far superior to Vol. 2, that many of the classics still hold up today. Plus, they knew enough to make it double-sized. Anyway, here is one of my favorites of all time:

95076770084.32.GIF

the Punisher/Venom one was good, I also like What If 105, the Spidergirl intro.

littleredhat said:
My favorite is the one where spider-girl is born. It was so good they gave her a book and a universe of her own. Go Mayday.:up:

this one and what if punisher killed the entire marvel universe. And what if Rogue stayed a villian and she had tons of powers but was quite mad till she took hold of thor and picked up his hammer and that made her sane.

That was what if rouge had the power of thor. She absorbed his powers and disassembled the avengers.

comicbookmaster said:
what if wolverine was raped by the hulk:)

funny i dont remember that one, but i did enjoy both what if Wolverine killed Hulk and what if Hulk killed Wolverine.

Hands down the best one to me is...What if....The Impossible Man had grabed the Infinity Gauntlet?

Hey btw, has anyone read What If...Silver Surfer possesed the Infinity Guantlet?

I never cared much for What Ifs because the artwork always struck me as weaker than the mainstream books.

However, I am a big fan of "What if the Avengers Fought Galactus?" retelling the original Galactus story with the Cap, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye lineup of the Avengers instead.

I also like "What if the Marvel Bullpen Became the Fantastic Four?" A Lee/Kirby "What if...?" - automatically the best What If ever.

I like the one where the Symbiote killed Peter and kept hero hopping....I think it ended on Thor.

I think these issues make great testing ground for young/new writers and artists. You can really get a sense of someone's style from a single-issue comic book, plus for them there's the added worry of no fixed continuity - seeing as they're making it up as they go along.

i'm Spider-Man said:
I think these issues make great testing ground for young/new writers and artists. You can really get a sense of someone's style from a single-issue comic book, plus for them there's the added worry of no fixed continuity - seeing as they're making it up as they go along.

Good point, not only that but also to see if they have any creative ability :up:

Exactly depending on the story they get to try tons of diff. characters and situations.

Well, I don't have just one favorite. But the first one to come to mind is "What If the New Mutants stayed in Asgard?". Maybe because I really, really liked the story that inspired it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"