Sequels What's your most anticipated upcoming X-Men film right now?

I'm getting excited for New Mutants after seeing Dr. Strange on that cover. FCU hasn't had any character with magic(k) yet.

Am I the only one who's glad that the X-Men franchise is in the hands of Fox, instead of Marvel/Disney?

This way the movies have their 'space' to breathe, try different things and be more diverse, while they would have to fit into Marvel's grand scheme of things otherwise.

Fans on here are way too critical of Fox. I think they have good stuff up their sleeves. Deadpool looks like gold, Wolverine 3 is hopefully more memorable than the last one, Gambit is promising, and New Mutants is a great starting point for a fresh take on the franchise, without having to push the reboot button.

What I like about the X-Men movies is that these movies are still director's driven. Which means each one really has its distinct personality and style, and can vary from big superhero epic to gritty, R-rated action flick. To me, they feel much more cinematic to me, rather than being more similar to episodes in a (big screen) TV series.

Personally, I'm more excited for Deadpool, Gambit and Josh Boone's possible take on New Mutants than I am most of the upcoming Marvel Studios movies.

Last edited:
You are not alone.

add me.with fox less change of going ultimate on X-Men if you pardon the pun:woot:

Deadpool is huge gamble that may payoff.some are writing off gambit way
too quick because it's fox making film.and the new mutants is poised to
continue what Lauren shuler Donner said in trying to make each film different.

wolverine may not even be in APocalypse and if he is it's only a cameo.let;s compare when full avengers films has no stark or stark in only cameo.

1. Deadpool
2. X-Men: Apocalypse
3. Wolverin3
4. New Mutants
5. Gambit
6. X-Force

The first two are interchangeable and are at the top as they're the closest to release

New Mutants and Gambit are about even since not much is known about them at the moment but New Mutants has the edge for me. And X-Force would be higher but doesn't look to be happening anytime soon

Am I the only one who's glad that the X-Men franchise is in the hands of Fox, instead of Marvel/Disney?.

Marvel/Disney have had great movies and mediocre movies like all other movie studios and with X-Men being handled great on-film atm there's no need for any other studio to take them over.

Last edited:
Marvel/Disney have had great movies and mediocre movies like all other movie studios and with X-Men being handled great on-film atm there's no need for any other studio to take them over.

I definitely agree with that.

For me it's:

1. Deadpool
2. Gambit
3. X-Men: Apocalypse
4. New Mutants
5. Wolverine
6. X-Force

I'm still really curious about the 2018 untitled film, like X-Men Apocalypse is my most anticipated right now but I'm mostly intrigued by that 2018 untitled film and I don't think thats for The New Mutants. I wonder if thats a sequel for X-Men: Apocalypse or a mash-up Marvel movie!

I think they should adapt Mr. Sinister first before Onslaught. Plus I feel like Apocalypse should appear in 2 more films before they introduce another big villain.

2 more films? im not sure about that.

i wouldnt mind Essex/Morlock Massacre though

If they can bring back Stryker for a fourth film, I don't think two more films for Apocalypse after the 2016 film is impossible... unless they really want him to be a 1 and done villain. The fact that he can move from body to body in this film (according to set reports) makes it more possible for him to return in future movies.

The thing about Stryker and magneto is they have ties to certain characters and can be used in other ways, while with apocalypse you expect him just to try and destroy the world in some way, you would never see apocalypse as a villain that teams up with the X-men to take down another villain and you would never see him stepping down to a side part in another villains story, it's apocalypse

They likely wanna keep each film different and not just do apocalypse plan B

Last edited:
The thing about Stryker and magneto is they have ties to certain characters and can be used in other ways, while with apocalypse you expect him just to try and destroy the world in some way, you would never see apocalypse as a villain that teams up with the X-men to take down another villain and you would never see him stepping down to a side part in another villains story, it's apocalypse

They likely wanna keep each film different and not just do apocalypse plan B

[hides X-cutioner's Song into the closet]

Hmm for me right now:

1. Deadpool
2. X-Men: Apocalypse
3. X-Force
4. New Mutants
5. Wolverine
6. Gambit

I'm pretty sure Apocalypse is going to be great, but right now I'm totally on the Deadpool Hype Train. Also Wolverine below both potential team up movies, partly because of the previous two, and Gambit lowest for me.

I'm still really curious about the 2018 untitled film
Also this. For some reason I suspect that movie is very important in the long term plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"