when does the new hellboy movie come out ?

joe petree said:
when does the new hellboy movie come out ?

The latest date is June 2008, but that may well be subject to change.

HM

batman7289 said:
probably ummmmm.... NEVER

Ohhh, silly batman7289. Of course it will be made. Tsk. Filming begins April/May 2007. And the script is amazing. ;)

HM

batman7289 said:
probably ummmmm.... NEVER

They're in preproduction now, so maybe you should get your facts before typing a reply.

>^^<

Why did it take so long to come out? Three years is long enough for a sequel. It came out in 2004, it should be out summer of 2007 at the latest.

well on a lighter note, the animated *sword of storms* is available for preorder on amazon.com:ninja:

Batman the 6th said:
Why did it take so long to come out? Three years is long enough for a sequel. It came out in 2004, it should be out summer of 2007 at the latest.

Studio politics. When Revolution and Sony split (they co-produced the first film), the financing fell apart. It took a while for the script to do the rounds of other studios, and ultimately Universal picked it up. Plus, of course, Guillermo has been creating a masterpiece during that time - PAN'S LABYRINTH.

Genius. Go see it.

HM

Punisher-Looks like it may take 4 years. Hulk-at least 4 years, probably five. Hellboy, 3-4 years. Superman Returns sequel-3 years, same as The Dark Knight Returns. Spiderman 3-3 years. Xmen, three years for each one. Why not do it like Peter Jackson did, do a year or so of filming and do that trilogy. Three years is already too long.

Batman the 6th said:
Punisher-Looks like it may take 4 years. Hulk-at least 4 years, probably five. Hellboy, 3-4 years. Superman Returns sequel-3 years, same as The Dark Knight Returns. Spiderman 3-3 years. Xmen, three years for each one. Why not do it like Peter Jackson did, do a year or so of filming and do that trilogy. Three years is already too long.

Because it isn't one continuious story arc like LotR and Hellboy doesn't have the large built in fan base that LotR does.

>^^<

Yeah, I posed the link for Pan's Labyrinth on myspace. That looks real good. :hyper:

What about Batman and Superman? I still think they should have done the back to back movies.

Hellmistress said:
Studio politics. When Revolution and Sony split (they co-produced the first film), the financing fell apart. It took a while for the script to do the rounds of other studios, and ultimately Universal picked it up. Plus, of course, Guillermo has been creating a masterpiece during that time - PAN'S LABYRINTH.

Genius. Go see it.

HM

I want to see Pan's Labyrinth so badly... but I think I'd have to drive several states before I found a screening.

Flexo said:
I want to see Pan's Labyrinth so badly... but I think I'd have to drive several states before I found a screening.

It has a limited release beginning December 29th, BUT ... it will go nationwide around January 17th. You should be able to find a cinema within easy reach that is screening it. It's been on release here in the UK to superb reviews, and you'll need to see it at least twice. It is a true masterpiece, and one of the best films I've seen in years. Hope you like it. :D

HM

Hellmistress said:
It has a limited release beginning December 29th, BUT ... it will go nationwide around January 17th. You should be able to find a cinema within easy reach that is screening it. It's been on release here in the UK to superb reviews, and you'll need to see it at least twice. It is a true masterpiece, and one of the best films I've seen in years. Hope you like it. :D

HM

Now... by nationwide... how nationwide?

Because I had to drive an hour just to see Borat.

Yeah, *Mirror Mask* had a limited release too. I'm sure it won't be long before Pan's labyrinth is out on dvd. Has anyone seen the live action Devil Man film? It's japanese & I heard it was atrocious, lol
:ninja:

Flexo said:
Now... by nationwide... how nationwide?

Because I had to drive an hour just to see Borat.

Guillermo has been quoted as saying the film should be within a short car drive for most folks. Hope you don't have to go so far. I live waaaaay out in the boonies here in Scotland, and it was a limited release here - and I only had to drive 40 minutes to see it.

HM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"