When Marvel gets back the rights to all of their characters

NealKenneth

Civilian
Reaction score
The biggest danger when this happens is that the film universe could finally become too crowded. For comic fans, this won't be a big deal, but for the average movie-goer, the amount of characters will absolutely become too confusing.

A solution to this could be to specify a certain frame of time during which each character can act within the universe. In this way, they could all exist within the same universe without excessive crossovers. FOR EXAMPLE

1960 to 1970: The Fantastic Four, Daredevil
1965 to 1975: Spider-Man, The Defenders
1970 to 1980: The X-Men, The Punisher
1975 to 1985: Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy
1980 to 1990: The Avengers, Man-Thing

What characters would you put in what time range? What crossovers are you most looking forward to?

It wouldn't be any different to follow than it is now.
The franchises can still remain independent.
The only big difference would be that Marvel wouldn't be forced to make weird changes to avoid using secondary characters or using certain terms.
You could have an Avengers movie where Wanda and Pietro are called mutants without any mention of any of the X-Men.
You could show the Daily Bugle in the Jessica Jones show without showing Peter Parker or Spider-Man... etc.

You mean when Disney get back all of Marvel's characters.

Spidey and Xmen isn't going to happen in our lifetime I think

Keep things the way they are now, with everything funneling into Avengers one way or another. Give Spidey and X-Men severe limitations on where they can be. Peter is a high schooler, and poor. He can't really leave NYC.

The X-Men only deal with mutant stuff, it's so important to them, and if they don't handle it, extinction for them. No excessive crossovers, but the rest of the MCU can use minor things form those universes.

The only property that has a chance to go back to Marvel is Fantastic Four, and only if its box office is so paltry that Fox has no reason to invest hundreds of million dollars just so they can renew the movie rights and kept it away from Disney/Marvel. I think Spider-Man will only go back if Sony Pictures is dissolved, because I think they will continue to make more Spider-Man movies until they cannot do it anymore. Same thing with X-Men and Fox.

I believe that Spider-Man and the FF may eventually go home to Marvel but not for many years and not until Sony and Fox have destroyed the brands utterly.

I'm fine with X-men staying at Fox. All I really want is for Marvel to get Spider-man back.

If Fox would just dissolve, and we got the X-men back, I'd be sooo happy

screw loopholes, it's interesting that Disney hasn't tried to use the force of CASH to get them back
Wonder how much Fox wants for the X-properties, must be a ridiculous number if Disney won't consider it.
they paid what, $4 billion for Marvel? So what's 1 Billion for the X-men, who make up like half the damn Marvel universe in the comics??

The only property that is top of my priority list is FF. Fox can keep their X'verse. I would like Spidey back at Marvel but it's not imperative to me. FF on the other hand NEEDS to happen NOW!!!!!!

The only property that is top of my priority list is FF. Fox can keep their X'verse. I would like Spidey back at Marvel but it's not imperative to me. FF on the other hand NEEDS to happen NOW!!!!!!

Agreed.:up:

If Fox would just dissolve, and we got the X-men back, I'd be sooo happy

screw loopholes, it's interesting that Disney hasn't tried to use the force of CASH to get them back
Wonder how much Fox wants for the X-properties, must be a ridiculous number if Disney won't consider it.
they paid what, $4 billion for Marvel? So what's 1 Billion for the X-men, who make up like half the damn Marvel universe in the comics??

The problem is that while the X-Men franchise is very valuable to FOX, it doesn't hold nearly the same value to Marvel. The X-Men character family has an awful lot of characters, but only one proven solo star in Wolverine. And Marvel Studios has two more valuable superhero teams under its control.

Given the studio's track record, it makes much more sense to use that $1 billion to expand it's wildly successful connected universe with properties like Inhumans, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the like than putting that money into an already mature franchise like X-Men. It's much easier for the Mouse to make a profit on those projects than on an X-Men reboot that's starting off $1billion in the hole.

that's my mantra

Personally i don't view Marvel Studios as the be-all and end-all of Marvel movies so I'd prefer they all remain separate.

Not just for variety of styles and tones but well for instance if X-Men was with Marvel we'd have never gotten the period pieced formula that's been very cool with that franchise as they'd have to be in modern day to fit with everything.

The only property that has a chance to go back to Marvel is Fantastic Four, and only if its box office is so paltry that Fox has no reason to invest hundreds of million dollars just so they can renew the movie rights and kept it away from Disney/Marvel. I think Spider-Man will only go back if Sony Pictures is dissolved, because I think they will continue to make more Spider-Man movies until they cannot do it anymore. Same thing with X-Men and Fox.

Yep. Pretty much

original.jpg

Last edited:
The problem is that while the X-Men franchise is very valuable to FOX, it doesn't hold nearly the same value to Marvel. The X-Men character family has an awful lot of characters, but only one proven solo star in Wolverine. And Marvel Studios has two more valuable superhero teams under its control.

Given the studio's track record, it makes much more sense to use that $1 billion to expand it's wildly successful connected universe with properties like Inhumans, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the like than putting that money into an already mature franchise like X-Men. It's much easier for the Mouse to make a profit on those projects than on an X-Men reboot that's starting off $1billion in the hole.

Yeah but if we're talking proven properties, X-Men is proven, while Inhumans, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel are all still unknowns. Now don't get me wrong, I like Marvel's variety and the chances they've taken with the properties. But adding X-Men to the repertoire is like adding another printing press to your money making machine. Plus, ya know, it'd just be awesome to see the X-men adapted closer to their 616 counterparts from the fanboy perspective.

I honestly don't care apart from the FF and we have to wait and see this new film first.

Spiderman has so many characters he's fine on his own, if they can actually make good films.

As for X-men, Fox is fine, they've had some fails obviously but I'm sure MS will do at some point, plus for me X-men has never fitted in with the rest of the Marvel Universe why do people celebrate the FF, Spiderman Thor etc but then hate mutants.

... if X-Men was with Marvel we'd have never gotten the period pieced formula that's been very cool with that franchise...

We also would've never gotten the crapfest that was The Last Stand and Origins.
We would have gotten an awesome, or at least decent, Phoenix story.
We wouldn't have all the inconsistencies that plague the foX-verse.
We would've gotten a badass Rogue and a true representation of Storm.
We would've gotten a Cyclops that isn't made fun of just to make Wolverine look better... Should I continue?

...plus for me X-men has never fitted in with the rest of the Marvel Universe why do people celebrate the FF, Spiderman Thor etc but then hate mutants.

That's easily explained with a real world example:
Why do people worship professional athletes, yet the moment one comes out as gay he's a pariah?

I think FF will be the first to come back.
Both Spidey and XMen are doing big numbers, and that wont change this decade. FF reboot on other hand will probably do decent but not as big, and once Fox ends the trilogy... I dont see them making a third version that soon, imo, and since the XMen universe will be bigger by then, Fox wont be as interested in FF after this new version, so it will be much easier they let them go.

but thats my take.

Both F4 and Xmen are stuck at Fox. Heck Fox wouldn't even let the SS and Galactus go back to marvel when supposedly Marvel tried to work out a deal to get them in exchange for the expiring Daredevil rites to stay at FOX. They aren't going anywhere in our life time. Even if Fox funnels a 150 million into the F4 reboot I'm sure the movie will take in at 350 million WW. So it wouldn't be a loss. Their profit margin will be small but they'll make a profit. The F4 has to be really awful financially like GL for Fox to dump the property.

As for X-men, Fox is fine, they've had some fails obviously but I'm sure MS will do at some point, plus for me X-men has never fitted in with the rest of the Marvel Universe why do people celebrate the FF, Spiderman Thor etc but then hate mutants.

That's easy to explain. Superheroes that are celebrated were either made due to experimentation (Cap), accident (Hulk, Spidey), divinity (Thor), or science/tech (Iron Man). Mutants present a perceived threat toward other humans because they were basically evolved human beings, and in a way it renders the non-mutant humans "inferior" (as Magneto used to stress). I think it is this unknown mutation plus feeling of inferiority that were driving the anti-mutant sentiment.

yeah I guess if someone got super powers by sheer luck, that's like winning the lottery

but being born with them is like being born a rich kid
they might not all be a**holes, but that's how us poor and middle class types see them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"