Arrow When/should aliens of the DC universe appear on Arrow?

I hope they leave aliens and magic out of Arrow.

And I've never been disappointed in the lack of Slade Wilson, Oliver's family and constant flashbacks to the island.

Doesn't mean they're poor additions.

That was specifically in reference to the idea of MM not appearing in Arrow being a disappointment. The reason why those things work so well is because they fit quite snugly into Arrow's themes and sensibilities. Martian Manhunter just can't do that.

I think it depends who and how.Would I like to see Supes and MM?Yup.Arrow singlehandedly battling an alien invasion?Nope.(although,I can see a season ender with the various "spin-off heroes"-Flash,Blue Beetle,etc-banding together against an alien threat as a mega-team up.Would be justifiable.Could be cool.)

Maybe some reference to events like that happening on the Flash show.

That was specifically in reference to the idea of MM not appearing in Arrow being a disappointment. The reason why those things work so well is because they fit quite snugly into Arrow's themes and sensibilities. Martian Manhunter just can't do that.

They fit in because they were written to do so. Just like the Flash was too.

Noob question since I don't really follow the series: Is this happening in the same universe as Smallville? Cuz if so, the aliens are already here; they just need to drop by.

It is not. They've already repeated characters that appeared on Smallville in an entirely different way, so there's no overlap.

I hope not keep the aliens exclusive too the flash ..

They fit in because they were written to do so. Just like the Flash was too.

Execution is only half the battle. You can make 5th dimensional cyborg werewolf time traveling pirate lords fit in with Oliver Queen's life if you take the time to, however a clandestine government organization fits in quite easily, not just because it was written to, but because it shares several aspects with other elements and themes on the show that make it a natural fit. It makes for a more cohesive story.

And Flash hasn't been on Arrow yet. Barry Allen sans powers, absolutely, because that fits naturally with the themes and tones of Arrow. Fans don't care about that of course, cuz to us all comic books are equal, but the truth is they're not and that these aren't comic books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"