Arrow Poll: Favorite Villain in Arrow/Flash CW DC Universe

Guard82

Civilian
Reaction score
The CW has given us a lot of neat live-action versions of some notable DC Comics villains in their TV DC universe for both Arrow and Flash. For this poll, everyone can pick out their favorite CW DC villain from either Arrow or Flash.

My favorite villain so far in entire CW DC universe is definitely Captain Cold. He's a very smart and crafty villain, and I really like Wentworth Miller's portrayal of him. Miller's performance really seems like Captain Cold come to life right out of the comic book pages. I like how the show plays up Cold's intelligence and maintains his status as one of Flash's chief adversaries.

If I had to choose a fave villain for both Arrow and Flash, my favorite Arrow villain is Deathstroke and my favorite Flash villain is Cold.

Let's hear other people's opinions! You can vote for more than one if you like.

Last edited:
Good thread. I will wait until the end of both seasons before I vote.

The votes should have been made public or people should at least say who they voted for. It would be better and more interesting to see who has voted for who.

Reverse Flash for me.

Season 1 Merlyn was fantastic as well. Kind of sad to see what he's become in season 3.

1- Ra's
2- Reverse Flash
3- Deathstroke
4- Captain Cold
5- Grodd

Slade. I didn't even have to think twice.

Reverse Flash. Would be Deathstroke if not for his motivation.

1. Reverse Flash
2. Trickster (Hamill)
3. Captain Cold
4. Heatwave
5. Weather Wizard (Mark)
6. Merlyn
7. Deathstroke
8. Captain Boomerang
9. Dead Shot
10. Pied Piper

Flash has had more good villains in less than one season than Arrow has had in nearly three.

1. Reverse Flash
2. Trickster (Hamill)
3. Ra's al Ghul
4. Captain Cold
5. Heatwave
6. Weather Wizard (McIntyre)
7. Clock King
8. Merlyn
9. Deathstroke
10. Count Vertigo (Stormare)

Last edited:
Flash has had more good villains in less than one season than Arrow has had in nearly three.

Blame DC. Green Arrow doesn't have that many good villains and Flash has arguably the best villains in DC behind Batman.

Slade Wilson. Manu Bennett killed it. He was awesome.

Reverse Flash is second because he's been teased all season with small snippets, but since they haven't had a full-blown battle since mid season, I'm kind of getting bored with watching Barry sulk around Star Labs while Wells looks at him suspiciously.

Next I'd go Deadshot.

Deathstroke and Reverse-Flash of course.

Season One Malcolm Merlyn for me. He was a good guy who went through unfair tragedies and lost it. Kinda the opposite of Oliver. Plus as far as villainous plots go, he did succeed in destroying half the city. Shame to see what happened to him since, same with when they bought Slade back, but I guess they can't let their old villains outshine the new ones. I really loved Arrow S1 and Merlyn though. Felt a lot more grounded and plausible to me than it does now.

Also gotta give props to Harrison Wells so far. He's been outstanding up until now. Also they won't be many people's "best" because they weren't meant to be, but I thought the original Count, Mr. Blank and Brother Blood were all fantastic for what they were.

Last edited:
Blame DC. Green Arrow doesn't have that many good villains and Flash has arguably the best villains in DC behind Batman.

well maybe the reboot Green Arrow will introduce some new villains....it sucks that GA villain were never developed or introduce new ones......but GA has always been saving the small fish the unknown criminal not big name villains I believe

I won't vote until season is over for both Arrow/The Flash

Reverse-Flash followed extremely closely by Deathstroke

That's a tough one. I'm torn between Reverse Flash and Deathstroke.

Reverse Flash, by a long shot. I didn't actually like Deathstroke that much. Slade, when he was good-guy-Slade, I loved, but as a villain, he had such a weak motivation and his plans were so convoluted that they were pretty much doomed to fail.

Who knows, maybe this is just a matter of 'out of sight, out of mind' since Wells is a current villain, and we've only seen a bit of Slade in the past year, and he was a shadow of his former self.

Slade (he's my second favorite Arrow character after Sara), but I don't watch Flash.

1. Deathstroke
2. Reverse Flash
3. Ra's Al Ghul
4. Weather Wizard mk.ii
5. Captain BOOMERANG

1. Reverse Flash
2. Captain Cold
3. Trickster (James Jesse)
4. Weather Wizard (Mark Mardon)
5. Malcolm Merlyn (Season One)
6. Deathstroke
7. Grodd
8. General Eiling
9. Amanda Waller (How is she not a villain?)
10. Deadshot (Would probably be higher if he was a true villain)

9. Amanda Waller (How is she not a villain?)

She totally is. And I'm still halfway convinced the entire out-of-nowhere General Shrieve plot for the flashbacks is an awkward attempt to *ahem* white wash Waller, prior to the Suicide Squad movie. WB wants Waller to be a sympathetic anti-heroic hardass, and doesn't want her TV version to be basically the most evil person on two shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"