Arrow If Batman turned up in Arrow...

FunkMiller

Failed Experiment
Reaction score
So, the clip of this week’s episode has Oliver name dropping Bruce Wayne and Gotham. Marry this with the fact that DC have allowed Superman to appear on Supergirl, and we may be looking at a situation where Batman could one day turn up on Arrow.

The question is... good thing? Bad thing?

How would it potentially help or potentially damage the show?

It would certainly boost ratings, but how much would it undermine Oliver, considering that in this universe he’s pretty much a Batman knock-off?

Also, on that point, would they ret-con Oliver’s modus operandi to be influenced by Batman? Maybe a flashback to show Oliver being inspired by the vigilante in Gotham?

How would Batman’s presence affect things like how Ra’s Al Ghul was portrayed?

The idea of Batman appearing on Arrow throws up a lot of questions, but I’d love to see it happen, given how well Superman has worked on Supergirl thus far.

I think the most you could get is Bruce Wayne, not Batman himself, either on the Arrowverse or on Supergirl's world. Not because of some Bat-embargo, but because of how much Arrow has borrowed from Bat-mythology, how do you differentiate between the two?

It would be the biggest irony if Batman appeared here prior, given that Gotham is essentially a show building TO that point, though I doubt they'd go as far as even having Batman appear there unless they go older and recast David Mazouz or pull a Smallville and show Bruce in the outfit, but not a full reveal.

A 2-3 part arc could potentially be really really awesome - something simple like one of Bruce’s villains (riddler has been in a few GA stories) comes to Starling and Arrow and Bats run into each other apprehending him..

I wouldn’t go into it any further than that though. Potentially an arc every season or so, a mention here and there.. but the show doesn’t ‘need’ it and it could get far too convoluted if overdone.

It would certainly boost ratings, but how much would it undermine Oliver, considering that in this universe he’s pretty much a Batman knock-off?

With the makers having put so much effort into trying to increase Green Arrow's credibility as a 'dark' vigilante I think Batman's presence could indeed undermine him. Batman already has the 'Bat-mystique' going as far as audiences are concerned, and I would have thought that unless he was nerfed considerably (something I can't really see them doing) he'd outshine Oliver pretty easily. Batman is one of DC's very biggest hitters as far as audience appeal goes and his long-term future as a revenue-maker is IMO a lot stronger than Green Arrow's; I just don't see them making him anything less than the biggest fish in Arrow's pond if he does turn up. Only thing I can see might work is a very brief cameo.

Last edited:
They would have to go through both WB and Fox to get Batman on Arrow as Fox has the Batman TV rights.

It was a lot easier to get Superman on Supergirl because he isn't as popular as Batman, he died in the movies, after Justice League there are no plans to have Superman in any other movie,
and there is no other competing show based on Clark Kent/Superman and other Superman villains and allies on TV.
While with Batman, Batman is very popular in the movies, Batman is still alive in the movies, a The Batman movie is being planned, and has Gotham as competition for Bruce Wayne and the
Batman villains and allies. So probably no Batman or even Bruce Wayne on any other show.

after Justice League there are no plans to have Superman in any other movie

I get the general point you're making, but where did you hear that^? Last I heard a second Superman solo was in the works.

I get the general point you're making, but where did you hear that^? Last I heard a second Superman solo was in the works.

Even if there is it will be years before it hits theaters. While The Batman is already in work. The Batman would have been out even sooner if Ben Affleck wouldn't have dropped out as director.

Even if there is it will be years before it hits theaters. While The Batman is already in work.

The Batman will arrive first, I agree, despite the various hold-ups and changes we keep hearing about. And yes I take your general point that WB/DC's ongoing plans for Batman are probably larger than their plans for Superman.

Yeah, all I'm saying is Superman isn't as big a deal as Batman for WB. I'd say right now Wonder Woman is a bigger deal than Superman. It actually benefits Superman to have him on Supergirl because he gets more exposure.
While with Batman having him on too many shows tends to dilute the character to the danger of being overexposed. People are already complaining about too many Batman based movies coming out, what with Batgirl,
Nightwing, Joker and Harley, Young Joker, Gotham City Sirens, and of course The Batman.

Yeah, all I'm saying is Superman isn't as big a deal as Batman for WB. I'd say right now Wonder Woman is a bigger deal than Superman. It actually benefits Superman to have him on Supergirl because he gets more exposure.
While with Batman having him on too many shows tends to dilute the character to the danger of being overexposed. People are already complaining about too many Batman based movies coming out, what with Batgirl,
Nightwing, Joker and Harley, Young Joker, Gotham City Sirens, and of course The Batman.

Can't disagree with any of that. Plus if Gotham is investing all this time and effort in building up to the first live-action Batman on TV in 50 years (even if it is just a glimpse in the final episode) I can't see the makers being that impressed if Arrow sneaks in and beats them to it.

Last edited:
Batman on Arrow.....2 part episode, goes a little something like this.....)

Batman takes umbrage to Arrow's propensity to kill enemies ( even when he's trying not to).

First meeting, Batman kicks Arrow's ass, and Ollie's team bail him out.

During the rematch Ollie comes out on top because his team have his back.

Batman is still not convinced, but considers that Arrow may not be all bad.

Then they have to team up to take on a bigger threat, maybe League of. Shadows ? ( could be something they have in common).

At the end they don't walk away friends, or even allies, but they're not enemies ( they'll become allies after next season's cross over)

Just give me a writing credit and I'm good, no fee necessary.

I'd rather just have Bruce Wayne show up for like one episode. If they are able to do Batman, have it be like when Bats/Supes first interacted in the DCAU. But I am more interested in Bruce take on Oliver then Batman/Green Arrow at this point.

So, the clip of this week’s episode has Oliver name dropping Bruce Wayne and Gotham. Marry this with the fact that DC have allowed Superman to appear on Supergirl, and we may be looking at a situation where Batman could one day turn up on Arrow.

The question is... good thing? Bad thing?
awkward af

one & only effect that you lay forth in the next question

they mirror each just enough, but...

Also, on that point, would they ret-con Oliver’s modus operandi to be influenced by Batman? Maybe a flashback to show Oliver being inspired by the vigilante in Gotham?
He's already went through enough to justify that MO. Unlike, Bruce Wayne, his dad killed himself just so that Oliver could somehow survive on his lonesome on this hellish island. It's also an experience that was meant to change his reckless adult lifestyle on top of traumatizing him to the extreme opposite of becoming a stone cold assassin. More tragedies later, some way somehow we're supposed to believe that he's managed to be less unhinged.

It wouldn't.

The idea of Batman appearing on Arrow throws up a lot of questions, but I’d love to see it happen, given how well Superman has worked on Supergirl thus far.
It would be less impactful, less meaningful, yet very succinctly a cute little cameo.

Well, for one thing, on Gotham young Bruce Wayne killed Ra's Al Ghul. So unless Ra's was resurrected somewhere along the line, Ra's will have been long dead by the time Batman and Green Arrow meet.

Although Batman has the edge over Superman in popularity, films, and animation, Superman has the edge over Batman in television as his TV history is very extensive.

If WB has no plans for Superman other than a possible JL sequel, where its script is being worked, then they may give him over to Supergirl or perhaps develop a solo spinoff for CW.

The Superman TV franchise is still ongoing with Supergirl and the upcoming Krypton series.

If WB has no plans for Superman other than a possible JL sequel, where its script is being worked, then they may give him over to Supergirl or perhaps develop a solo spinoff for CW.

I hope they keep him on the big screen, but if they don't I could definitely see that happening. And although I don't watch the current CW shows I'd watch a Superman solo series.

Honestly im fine with just hints of the actual Bruce Wayne Batman. However Batwoman, Helena Wayne(Robin/Huntress) or Thomas Wayne Batman really should appear on Flash, Legends or Supergirl.

If Gotham is cancelled, then it might happen. It's probably likely that Riddler, maybe Harley Quinn, and a few more Bat Villians will show up the only question is whether they could get a name to play Batman/Bruce Wayne

Honestly im fine with just hints of the actual Bruce Wayne Batman. However Batwoman, Helena Wayne(Robin/Huntress) or Thomas Wayne Batman really should appear on Flash, Legends or Supergirl.

Speaking of the Huntress, where the heck has she been for so long on Arrow?

I really don't want Batman anywhere near Arrow or the Arrowverse tbh.

I hope so! The whole embargo-ing of characters is ridiculous, you can't even walk around Walmart without seeing 20+ different versions of Batman

It really makes no sense to think Batman appearing in a few episodes on the CW would in any way confuse movie audiences

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"