Where are all the Marvel games??

Uncharted/Tomb Raider/Assassin's Creed/GTA featured underwater swimming sections. I'm pretty sure there are more. I just can't recall a game set underwater during a combat section. These things could be done and have been featured in games before.

It could be done. Not easy but it could be done. Just need a good developer.

I also thought Iron Man's flying was fine in Avengers and that was in 3rd person. So was Thor. So imo, flying shouldn't be a reason why WBD can't make a Superman game.

I wish we got Superman and Aquaman solo games over Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad.

Not played the Avengers game yet but apparently the flying in Anthem was okay also it was other areas the game had problems.

Avengers was a disaster but at least they are trying with some more Marvel triple-A games at least.

The makers of Guardians of the Galaxy are doing an Iron Man game. Amy Hennig has Captain America/Black Panther WWII game coming out. Insomniac has Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine games.

I wonder if the problem is that team games don't necessarily lend themselves well to the modern AAA format.

In Guardians you only play as Star-Lord and you give commands to your team members like in Mass Effect.

Now personally, I wouldn't mind like a Marvel arcade collection compilation release. I'd like something that has those 90s classic marvel arcade beat 'em ups:

* Captain America and the Avengers
* Spider-Man: The Video Game
* The Punisher
* X-Men

Actually, now that I think about it, there are only really four good Marvel arcade beat 'em ups, but that's still enough for a compilation release.

They work just fine for the AAA format if you commit to the idea of the team actually working as a team. You need to construct the gameplay around that.

Heard some good things about that Snap game.

Its crazy to think that X-Men Legends 2 is turning 18 this year. We haven't had a X-Men game with lots of X-Men as playables in almost 2 decades...

Looking back, we were spoiled with X-Men games back in ps1/2 days.

I can only imagine playing Psylocke, Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Storm with the current tech/graphiX.

Its crazy to think that X-Men Legends 2 is turning 18 this year. We haven't had a X-Men game with lots of X-Men as playables in almost 2 decades...

Looking back, we were spoiled with X-Men games back in ps1/2 days.

I can only imagine playing Psylocke, Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Storm with the current tech/graphiX.
If they ever went back to this it would be one of the biggest possible reveals of a game for me. Imagine how good it look now!

If they ever went back to this it would be one of the biggest possible reveals of a game for me. Imagine how good it look now!
I imagine a ps5 X-Men Legends game would be challenging to make. All those characters, all different power sets.

But if it was possible before, it could be possible again. X-Men Legends is a good template for superhero games.

I imagine a ps5 X-Men Legends would be challenging to make. All those characters, all different power sets.

But if it was possible before, it could be possible again. X-Men Legends is a good template for superhero games.
It’s all possible with the right budget and right people/studio in charge. :cwink:

I imagine a ps5 X-Men Legends game would be challenging to make. All those characters, all different power sets.

Why would it be difficult when Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 exists? Diablo 4 is about to release and that was the template which these games were made from and that is far more complex

A little late to the party and I'm sure it's been discussed but I just recently picked up the Guardians of the Galaxy game and while it's no Spider-Man PS4, it's still pretty solid. I'm really enjoying it for the most part.

Liked the Telltale Guardians game too

Why would it be difficult when Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 exists? Diablo 4 is about to release and that was the template which these games were made from and that is far more complex
I meant like a third party action adventure game for the PS5 (not the switch) with graphiX like Spider-Man 2018 but with 15 playable characters and an eXtensive skill set for every character. Ultimate Alliance 3 looked like a cheap mobile game compare to Spider-Man 2018, no wonder it is a disappointment.

Avengers and Gotham Knights aren't very received well, while Guardians of the GalaXy had a different gameplay as you are commanding the other 4 characters instead of actually controlling them.

I'd like to see a X-Men in the likes of Arkham Batman and Insomniac Spider-Men.

I’m hoping to see some movement on x-games now that Disney own the rights again

A little late to the party and I'm sure it's been discussed but I just recently picked up the Guardians of the Galaxy game and while it's no Spider-Man PS4, it's still pretty solid. I'm really enjoying it for the most part.

I bought it at release but am only really getting properly into it now. I agree it's a damn good game and pretty under rated. I really hope we get a sequel out of it at some point.

I’m hoping to see some movement on x-games now that Disney own the rights again
Just having to play as Cyclops, Jean, Psylocke, Storm, Rogue, Gambit and Iceman in a game with a solid story campaign would be great. It doesn't need to be as many as X-Men Legends 1 & 2, as long as it's not limited to the Wolverine and 3 other characters.

I meant like a third party action adventure game for the PS5 (not the switch) with graphiX like Spider-Man 2018 but with 15 playable characters and an eXtensive skill set for every character. Ultimate Alliance 3 looked like a cheap mobile game compare to Spider-Man 2018, no wonder it is a disappointment.

Avengers and Gotham Knights aren't very received well, while Guardians of the GalaXy had a different gameplay as you are commanding the other 4 characters instead of actually controlling them.

Then it doesnt sound like you want a PS5 Xmen Legends game but rather a different type of game. MUA3 is literally the blueprint for that. What you are describing is something different

Then it doesnt sound like you want a PS5 Xmen Legends game but rather a different type of game. MUA3 is literally the blueprint for that. What you are describing is something different
Eh how so? The only major difference is camera perspective. Like think how Resident Evil Code Veronica jumped to Resident 4. X-Men Legends 1 and 2 also had fancy cutscenes but i imagine a modern X-Men Legends, to have the graphiX of the gameplay and cutscenes look similar.

I definitely think the krakoan era would be perfect for an xmen legends game. Whenever marvel teases a new game project people always instantly say “is it xmen legends?” So I have no idea why they keep doing everything but that but I guess all it takes is the right game studio

Avengers 2020 reminded me of X-Men Legends. You collect comic books along the way. Kamala was like Magma. It has a training simulation room and a hub during time off.

However, the game has terrible and confusing skill set, you cannot switch playable characters instantly, shakey camera, and a weak roster of bosses and the enemies look/feel the same.

I bought it at release but am only really getting properly into it now. I agree it's a damn good game and pretty under rated. I really hope we get a sequel out of it at some point.
I only played that recently (not yet finished everything in it) and thought it was great.

That sounds super-ambitious if you want it in third person action style rather than top down - what you describe is like my ideal X-Men game. X-Men Legends but with production standards of Arkham/Spider-Man and third person camera for the character being controlled.

That sounds super-ambitious if you want it in third person action style rather than top down - what you describe is like my ideal X-Men game. X-Men Legends but with production standards of Arkham/Spider-Man and third person camera for the character being controlled.
It would definitely be an eXpensive AAA game and us X-Men fans deserved to play a game like that.

I would name the game as Marvel's X-Men, inline with Marvel's Spider-Man, Marvel's Avengers, Marvel's Guardians of the GalaXy and Marvel's Wolverine.

Yeah for me it’s more the experience of being part of the xmen rather than, like, super duper graphics. Like that’s what made the arkham games fun and even legends, when you walked around the mansion you could see how much the developers got each character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"