• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where are all the Marvel games??

Top down is a no for me, especially after all the third person action-adventure games I've played with,and we are getting soon.
Yeah I have a controversial idea. I was playing that Star Wars game that has Cameron Monaghan in it last night and I was thinking what if you had a game that level but with a character creator? So you wouldn’t play as the x-men but as their new recruit

Yeah I have a controversial idea. I was playing that Star Wars game that has Cameron Monaghan in it last night and I was thinking what if you had a game that level but with a character creator? So you wouldn’t play as the x-men but as their new recruit
That would just remind me of the last X-Men game - X-Men Destiny.

Rather spending time developing for a character creator tool with a hundred of possible set moves - they should probably just develop a game with several X-Men playable characters. Each playable character doesn't need an extensive skill tree like Insomniac Spider-Man and Arkham Batman, but something like the skill tree in X-Men Legends 2 for each character, might be enough.

I've brought this up before but Watch Dogs Legion did a good job having an unlimited option for playable characters. The problem with the playable characters though, they seem to have only 1 to 4 unique skill set or weapon. And it felt a bit limiting.

I was thinking of narrative directors last night. It’s a shame they couldn’t use Mary Demarle from the guardians of the galaxy game but she’s gone to BioWare now.

Still, Amy Hennig would be cool. She did Unchartered and she’s doing that captain America and black panther game that looks decent
I would like to think Insomniac will find a decent writer for Marvel's X-Men. The story for their last three Marvel games are good enough. Though the 2018 Spider-Man game had the best story.

I'm curious how will they juggle several X-Men and if there's going to be a clear lead and the others won't have much to do with the story.

Insomniac should have gotten the rights for other solo heroes like Daredevil or Black Panther, not an ensemble like the X-Men. Let alone a 15 ****ing years deal.

The X-Men games needed a '97 type of product to rebrand the team, knocking it out of the park.

Assuming Insomniac is still around to release the X-men game.

I feel like we’ve all identified the same issue, how to make a game with 15-25 main characters

I feel like we’ve all identified the same issue, how to make a game with 15-25 main characters
Ok, I understand nothing about game development. But here's what I think:

I understand that one of the most dificult things will probably make these characters unique. But in terms of story, do you know how in Spider-Man 2 there are missions you can only play as Miles and other as Peter? So forget about individual characters and think the narrative focusing on teams. For instance, you have a blue and a gold team. And some missions you have to play with the blue, others with the gold, and move the narrative like that. So in the mission you have to face Mystique, you have to play with the team that has Rogue and/or Kurt, and move the narrative around them and develop them as characters there. And so on...

Ok, I know its easier said than done, but I know nothing about game development, so don't mock me. :o

Oh that's easy. The problem is the people in this thread don't want that type of game, They want every character to have the same depth of combat that Spider-man has, which is just simply unrealistic.

Especially with Insomniac cutting back on the scale of their games.

Each playable character doesn't need an extensive skill tree like Insomniac Spider-Man and Arkham Batman, but something like the skill tree in X-Men Legends 2 for each character, might be enough.

I've brought this up before but Watch Dogs Legion did a good job having an unlimited option for playable characters. The problem with the playable characters though, they seem to have only 1 to 4 unique skill set or weapon. And it felt a bit limiting.
Ummm. I don't expect every X-Men in a X-Men game to have an extensive set skill like Spider-Man in Insomniac games...

Insomniac should have gotten the rights for other solo heroes like Daredevil or Black Panther, not an ensemble like the X-Men. Let alone a 15 ****ing years deal.

The X-Men games needed a '97 type of product to rebrand the team, knocking it out of the park.
Well who else should do a X-Men game though.

I'm glad they got the X-Men. Even if it takes 10 years from now.

Probably won't happen anytime soon (unless there's some sort of surprise in store) and of course long overdue but give me the Daredevil game. Have missions that separate Matt's time as lawyer and vigilante. A LA Noir type system if you will, so much potential there.

Another title I want to see: Dr. Strange

Insomniac is in trouble?

Its based in the US, which puts it in danger Sony's japanese developers aren't. And the hacks did show that they were scaling back on the scale of their games. Are people willing to pay $70 for Miles Morales sized games? We don't really know yet.

Its based in the US, which puts it in danger Sony's japanese developers aren't. And the hacks did show that they were scaling back on the scale of their games. Are people willing to pay $70 for Miles Morales sized games? We don't really know yet.

I doubt the third game will be Miles only, it will likely be split as well. With Miles being the most focused on. Basically akin to how Spider-Man 2 was split yet mostly Peter’s game. With Green Goblin finally coming forward and building that up with Peter, I doubt they’re going to sideline Peter.

After Spider-Man 3, I think that might be it for at least a little while - it’s a nicely structured trilogy- while they focus on Wolverine and others.

Could be wrong though.

Probably won't happen anytime soon (unless there's some sort of surprise in store) and of course long overdue but give me the Daredevil game. Have missions that separate Matt's time as lawyer and vigilante. A LA Noir type system if you will, so much potential there.

Another title I want to see: Dr. Strange
All the ips that already got a movie post-Blade, should have gotten a modern videogame by now.

I doubt the third game will be Miles only, it will likely be split as well. With Miles being the most focused on. Basically akin to how Spider-Man 2 was split yet mostly Peter’s game. With Green Goblin finally coming forward and building that up with Peter, I doubt they’re going to sideline Peter.

After Spider-Man 3, I think that might be it for at least a little while - it’s a nicely structured trilogy- while they focus on Wolverine and others.

Could be wrong though.

I meant the size/length of the Miles Morales game, not a game just with Miles. IE, much shorter than the first game. IE, roughly half the length.

Ok, I understand nothing about game development. But here's what I think:

I understand that one of the most dificult things will probably make these characters unique. But in terms of story, do you know how in Spider-Man 2 there are missions you can only play as Miles and other as Peter? So forget about individual characters and think the narrative focusing on teams. For instance, you have a blue and a gold team. And some missions you have to play with the blue, others with the gold, and move the narrative like that. So in the mission you have to face Mystique, you have to play with the team that has Rogue and/or Kurt, and move the narrative around them and develop them as characters there. And so on...

Ok, I know its easier said than done, but I know nothing about game development, so don't mock me. :o
Yeah that sounds fun! But reminds me of the avengers game which I think every IP game developer has a poster stapled to their wall with a sign saying “don’t do it like this” lmao.

I get what you mean though, it’s different and I love the idea of incorporating blue and gold teams

I have no doubt they will be. They are one studio I dont have any fear will shut down in the next 5 years. If anything they could scale down, but the studio will exist. Sony will cut costs elsewhere to make sure they do

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"