Where are the Avengers?

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Silvermoth, Oct 23, 2012.

1. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Prediction:

We will rehash this exact same thread in Thor: TDW. And CATWS. And Ant-Man. And Cap 3. And Thor 3. And TIH2. And Black Panther. And Ms. Marvel.

ad nauseam, ad nauseam.

2. bullets

bullets bang bang

That type of logic will be lost on some people. I'm sure they will be a reference to the other heroes though but it doesn't really have to be explained. They all went their separate ways. Banner and Tony might have mutual respect but don't have to live together.

3. Marvel

Marvel Well-Known Member

No kidding. This is good fan talk here because we all know and most of us love the books and characters but I'm getting the vibe from around the Net that others are trying to use this factor to bash the film.

I kind of find it funny that all future Marvel films will have to contend with certain individuals wanting them to fail because of their past success. "Where are the rest of the Avengers?" seems to be the early battle cry as if they won't cover that in the plot. That's the price anyone pays for being at the summit I guess.

4. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

What will keep the solo movies interesting is that they are exactly that, solo movies. It gives the chance to make different kind of stories and movies than the more big scale Avengers and team-up films.

5. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Sure a cameo here and there won't hurt.

6. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

I don't know But I'm hoping for a reference,I don't need a cameo with Avengers/SHIELD presence But I'd like a reference to their where about!!

7. Drummerdude7

Drummerdude7 AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I don't think we'll need to worry about the reasoning in the end of it; Marvel isn't exactly shying away from referencing the events of the Avengers, seeing as Tony is having a difficult time with it since.

"Nothing's been the same since New York."

I'm sure we'll get a reason as to why Tony can't call for backup.

8. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Feige has said it will be shown/discussed why SHIELD and the other Avengers can't help Tony out in his situation. The Mandarin is probably going to poison everyone against Tony, making him a criminal and a pariah that nobody wants to associate with.

9. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I hope the film isn't bogged down with explanations and references. And honestly I don't think it will be. I'm be glad to see Thor, Cap, and Tony in their solo movies again and will not focus on what the others are up to until their respective film is released.

10. Webfoot Hero

It could also be just one or two lines where Tony says he can't trust anyone but Happy and/or Pepper.

11. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I hope your right. My fear is, to make Mandarin a real threat some folks are gonna die. Happy seems to be most likely, but I wonder about Rhodey. I think War Machine will be done after the AF1 attack, only because it's clear that after Tony's armory blows up, he has the Mark VIII, that's malfunctioned and that's it. Otherwise he could just go borrow the WM armor.

12. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

It's clear from Avengers, why he wouldn't trust Fury. In fact I wouldn't doubt Tony holding a grudge against Fury for Coulson's death. The last interaction between Fury and Tony, is him with his back turned walking off the bridge. If he would want anyone's help it would be Steve's, but I'm sure there will be a reason for why he can't.

13. Trimmings

Trimmings Well-Known Member

Remember Tony broke into SHIELD's computers. He would know exactly what kind of countermeasures to take in order to keep them from spying on him. They probably won't even know what's really going on. The other heroes are busy with what's going on in their movies, I'm sure.

14. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I'm not currently tracking their whereabouts.

15. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

Well, do you see the Avengers constantly showing up in the Iron Man comics whenever Tony Stark ran into trouble? Of course not. Then why should we expect the movieverse to do otherwise? Obviously SHIELD and other Avengers cannot babysit one another, and they all have their own lives to live and troubles to take care of. Besides, as Stark said in The Avengers, he doesn't work well with others, and we should not expect him to suddenly wanting their presence all the time. No matter what the problem is, I'm sure Stark can figure it out by himself eventually.

16. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Awesome. :D

17. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Yeah it's already gotten old. Hell it got old back when people were whining about Rhodes not showing up in Avengers.

18. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

Yeah, people seem to ignore the fact that Stark literally hacked into and stole all of SHIELD's secure files and had J.A.R.V.I.S. running the whole ship for quite a while. That's a LOT of intel.

19. Juicy J

Juicy J Well-Known Member

I'd assume so, although it's to early to tell specifics. They created a very specific timeline in Phase 1 that you can google search thats a good read, so I'm sure they'll make one for phase 2.
    And by the way, welcome to the hype! :woot:

Exactly.
    That's why the whole "where the other avengers, hmmm?" argument is a dumb one; just wait and you'll find out in their respective films. It works in the comics and it will definitely work on screen. Marvel knows what they're doing.

20. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Why did people come into a thread called "Where are the Avengers" to complain about people suggesting hypotheses for where the Avengers are?

Would you go into the Iron man fan art thread and complain about all the fan art?

21. MarvelKnight

MarvelKnight Well-Known Member

I'm sure some of these movies (as far as the time within the MCU) will be happening at or around the same time. The most interesting thing as far as any Avengers whereabouts, to me, will be Banner. Because of the ending of the Avengers, I would hope, above all others, we get something in reference/cameo form of him. Personally, I think they'll explain him away, but still it would be sweet to see him in some form or fashion

22. Webfoot Hero

With Banner, if he's not in a cameo or mentioned by anyone else, I'm just going with he went back to India to care for sick people.

23. Nave 'Torment'

Nave 'Torment' Vigilante Detective

I don't really see the point to this question, I mean as others have said before, it's a solo-venture, the other heroes are busy doing their own hero-stuff. Thor can't be on Midgard helping Stark while he's defending the Nine-Realms; Captain America and Hawkeye are probably off in a mission dealing with their own threats and trying to solve the mystery of the Winter Soldier; Banner is still out doing what he does best: helping people while not hulking-out. The only two members people could bring up are Black Widow, Fury, and SHIELD since they did feature prominently in the past 2 films, but that isn't to say they need to be here. This is Tony Stark's story. Unless the entire world's gone crazy you don't really need to bring everyone together at all.

They each have their own niche in the cinematic universe, this is Iron Man's.

Plus, considering the trailer, it seems as though Stark is going off the radar in this anyway.

Yes-- that sort of nay-saying mentality is really tiring. Good GOD do people take these to the extreme! It's either so awesome that you have to wet your pants or so terrible that you've got gas. Either one or the other. That sort of extremism should be left for the political parties. :oldrazz:

I mean, I guess I sort of understand why a lot of people wanted to compare The Avengers with The Dark Knight Rises, I guess I sort of understand all the fan-rage over "camp-Whedon vs. camp-Nolan" but it's puerile. We don't need that. And now you're bringing up that come Phase 2 people will be waiting for it to fail and not live up with Phase 1, even those who loved the first films to a fault...and.... it makes sense. It's what we'll be seeing soon :(

It's like when the entire internet ganged up and said how DC lost big time when they didn't hire Whedon the week after Avengers hit. I get it, it was their loss but that's sort of old-news (three years over?) You have the Avengers now, a movie that was on a much bigger scale, and yet the fans retorted to that old DC vs. Marvel debate, culminating into the discussion seeping into the celebrities themselves when the cast of Avengers were bringing it up. :doh:

24. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Steve is in a clandestine mission tracking down the Winter Soldier.

Thor is stuck in Asgard while the Tesseract repairs the Bifrost.

Bruce briefly stayed with Stark before going back to doctoring for the less fortunate.

Natasha and Barton are requested to not interfere.

Done.

25. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

Cap(BW&Hawkeye) are off dealing with WS, Thor - obvious. If Bruce is off in hiding in a remote place without access to world news then that's definitely understandable why he couldn't help Tony. Besides depending on the story though, it seems to me his whereabouts aren't even known after the Malibu attack. I just hope they give some kind of nod or heads up to where Bruce is or what he's been up to between Avengers and Avengers 2. Everybody else is obvious though. I'm sure they will throw it in somewhere in a non tacky way.