Iron Man 3 What we know about Iron Man 3 from the Avengers...

kaijunexus

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Reaction score
So, after seeing the Avengers midnight screening, I'm wondering how this film will influence Iron Man 3...

Let's go over what we know for sure...

- Stark Tower is being repaired

- Tony and Pepper's relationship is becoming even more serious

- Tony has made a friend in Bruce Banner

- The world now knows Iron Man as a member of the Avengers

Did I miss anything?

How do you guys see these plot points factoring into Iron Man 3?

The Manhattan tower is becoming the Avengers Tower.

The Manhattan tower is becoming the Avengers Tower.

Do we know that for sure? I only saw the film once, so I may be mistaken...but I was under the impression the "A" on the Stark Tower was the only letter left standing after the battle, not that Stark deliberately took the rest down to create the Avengers Tower...

Did I miss a line of dialogue that confirmed otherwise?

No, that A is clearly a sign of the Avengers Tower being built. It's a symbol of the Avengers now officially being The Avengers.

I don't see Hulk or Banner making a cameo. It would be fun, but it would detract from Iron Man in his own film.

I agree with Blitzkrieg Bop....I think the A was intentionally foreshadowing Avengers Mansion/Tower. That was definitely what Joss was conveying to the audience, but I agree with Blitzkrieg that Tony probably took down the rest of the letters deliberately.

In answer to the thread question: I think that Tony's jaunt into space might play a role in IM3, too. It looked like a life-changing experience for him --- he looked like he was enraptured, literally, upon seeing space and the alien mothership and all that. And, being the intrepidly curious scientist and tinkerer that he is, he's *bound* to want to study and reverse engineer everything he can from the Chitauri. Some of that might come into play in armor and weapon upgrades, as well as other aspects of the IM3 story.

Who knows perhaps Mandarin or a Ten Rings group member might have got their hands on some of that alien tech lying around the city after the battle and reverse engineering some weapons for themselves.

I could see Mandarin getting his powerful Ten Rings from the armored leviathan in avengers. Comic Mandrain got his rings from Makluan the dragon like advanced alien race of which Fin Fang Foom is a member.

I saw a more emotional Tony Stark after [BLACKOUT]Agent Coulson died. [/BLACKOUT]

It was something I really didn't see in the first two movies.

I'd be fine with a Banner cameo.

He's not repairing Stark Tower.

He's making a new Avengers HQ.

maybe since we got a Tony Stark cameo at then end of TIH, we will get a Banner cameo at the end of Iron Man 3?

Correct on the Avengers tower theory. During the scene when Tony and Pepper are blueprinting the new tower at the end of TA, you'll see that each floorplate design has a small logo of each Avenger on the upper corner of each blueprint, and there's a Quinjet hangar bay towards the bottom half of the tower.

Don't think that'll play into IM3, it sounds like he's going back to California and flying to China for his solo movie. Probably for A2.

I think the odds of a Banner cameo are more likely than one featuring the Hulk.

I agree with Blitzkrieg Bop....I think the A was intentionally foreshadowing Avengers Mansion/Tower. That was definitely what Joss was conveying to the audience, but I agree with Blitzkrieg that Tony probably took down the rest of the letters deliberately.

In answer to the thread question: I think that Tony's jaunt into space might play a role in IM3, too. It looked like a life-changing experience for him --- he looked like he was enraptured, literally, upon seeing space and the alien mothership and all that. And, being the intrepidly curious scientist and tinkerer that he is, he's *bound* to want to study and reverse engineer everything he can from the Chitauri. Some of that might come into play in armor and weapon upgrades, as well as other aspects of the IM3 story.

SPACE ARMOR. Totally opened the door with that nuke scene in TA

SPACE ARMOR. Totally opened the door with that nuke scene in TA

It's referenced in IM1 too Jarvis says something like "we're going to have to fix such and such if you ever wish to visit other planets"

That ending in the Avengers is one of the single best action movie endings I have ever seen....tony's self sacrifice+the fact he might not make it through the closing portal+Hulk catching him was about as flawless as it gets.

It's referenced in IM1 too Jarvis says something like "we're going to have to fix such and such if you ever wish to visit other planets"

That ending in the Avengers is one of the single best action movie endings I have ever seen....tony's self sacrifice+the fact he might not make it through the closing portal+Hulk catching him was about as flawless as it gets.

That, and the fact that the scene directly references Steve Rogers' earlier accusation that Tony isn't a true hero, and is incapable of making the kind of sacrifices that real heroes make.

What about creating a stronger armor out of some leviathan shell? The laser he was using wouldn't penetrate the shell even if he used all his power. That even looked like the really powerful "one off" he used in IM2.

It's also interesting considering Tony was the first one who confided in Bruce, and told him how his transformation was his way of protecting Bruce and keeping him alive.

And who is the one that ends up catching Tony after falling from the sky? Hulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"