The Comics Iron Man And Thor

Armored Avenger

A Wizard is never late...
Reaction score
Seeing as Thor has returned to the Marvel universe, and has already "met" with Iron Man and said that they will have further business in the near future, what do you see as the future for these characters and their friendships? I would really like Iron Man and Thor to stay friends, as Iron Mans relationship with Captain America has already been completely destroyed, and i dont want to see him fall out with the other of the "big 3" of the Avengers. However it would be good to see them fight each other again, this time in a more equal fight. Maybe Tony could make a New Thorbuster suit.

There is no friendship any more. Tony utterly destroyed what was left of it when he created Clor and used it to kill Goliath. At their "meeting" Thor *****-slapped and turned him into his messenger boy. Then promised him more of the same when he had time to give it to him.

No.

The only thing that could salvage their friendship is if Tony turns out to be a skrull.

The only thing that could salvage their friendship is if Tony turns out to be a skrull.

That wont happen. I stand by my judgement that Tony Stark is not a Skrull.
However, there friendship could be healed during the Skrull event. If they save each other somehow during the Secret Invasion, or perfrom a deed that the other finds "redeeming" in some way.

Tony Stark is not a Skrull. His actions dont support this. And his own comic during the Civil War was so personal, and now in his storyline he is reacting to the Mandarin and trying to solve the death of a young agent by giving up sleep and his Extremis. I dont think this is a Skrull.

It's hard to say if Tony is or isn't a Skrull, I don't believe he is, Stark's action's in civil war were not out of character and after reading Illuminatie issue 5, I'm even more convinced that he's not a Skrull.

reading Illuminatie issue 5, I'm even more convinced that he's not a Skrull.

I really need that comic! I went to get it today, but it wasnt there. I dont think the comic shop had got it in stock yet. But anyway, i agree that Tony Stark wont be a Skrull. People have to realise that Heroes can make decisions that not everyone will like. That dosnt make them a shapeshifting alien.

Those actions were very out of character for the Iron Man whose adventures I read from the 70s through the 90s. And also for the Iron Man of the 60s. They really only fit with corporate shark that Iron Man has been written as in the last decade or so.

Sorry but I'd rather have the original back.

Those actions were very out of character for the Iron Man whose adventures I read from the 70s through the 90s. And also for the Iron Man of the 60s. They really only fit with corporate shark that Iron Man has been written as in the last decade or so.

Sorry but I'd rather have the original back.

i second the moition

Actually, Stark making decisions like that isn't exactly out of character for him.

Either way, the friendship is salvagable, when someone reminds Thor that not too long ago, Tony was defending an entire planet from Thor's dictation.

good to see you back mistress gulon btw i thin you meant dictatorship not dictation

I meant dictation, as in coming from Thor. Thor wasn't exactly YET ruling the world, just coming to it.

That would make so much sense if Tony was a Skrull

Not at all.

His character has developed over time, far more so than many of Marvel's original heroes (when I say original I mean those who've been around since hte 60s).

Iron Man's standpoint during Civil War actually had some merit, and wouldn't have seemed like such an "evil" move if not for the ridiculously biased writers that Marvel had taking care of the story.

Iron Man's standpoint during Civil War actually had some merit, and wouldn't have seemed like such an "evil" move if not for the ridiculously biased writers that Marvel had taking care of the story.

The writing in Iron Man's own title during the Civil War showed a more unbiased view and provided a fairer look at Iron Man, with the writers dealing with the personal effect the war was having on Tony, even leading him back to drink (averted by the Invisible Woman)

The writing in Iron Man's own title during the Civil War showed a more unbiased view and provided a fairer look at Iron Man, with the writers dealing with the personal effect the war was having on Tony, even leading him back to drink (averted by the Invisible Woman)

The writing in Tony's own title, as well as his appearances in the main Civil War series (mostly) and in some side titles like Ms Marvel, was all very in character and probably what Marvel was striving for- morally grey. The writing of Tony in Spidey, in FF, in Frontline, was INSANELY biased.

Yep in irons mans own comics his point of view makes since and its not like he's not feeling for the harm thats been done. They really should have added more parties into the mix. I mean sending villians after heroes was utterly stupid on iron mans part.

Yep in irons mans own comics his point of view makes since and its not like he's not feeling for the harm thats been done. They really should have added more parties into the mix. I mean sending villians after heroes was utterly stupid on iron mans part.

That was just a blatant attempt by the writers to make Iron Man (and what he stood for) look like evil incarnate.

Iron Man's own comic has a very different spin on things. Shows more of what he's been going through during these situations and decisions.

Btw - I'm sick of him getting the crap beat out of him
Thor, Spider-Man (OMD), Bucky (Captain America), Hulk (WWH), etc

I have to admit as well, there was a clear bias towards Iron Man in Frontline, Spider Man and other's mentioned to make Iron Man more a villian, where in his own title you as the reader could see and understand where he was coming from, somthing clearly left out of the bigger titles and so public opinion toward Iron Man became hostile and hateful and it was un-nessary, if the witers had used a even hand in the writing of the stories, IMO.

Iron Man's own comic has a very different spin on things. Shows more of what he's been going through during these situations and decisions.

Btw - I'm sick of him getting the crap beat out of him
Thor, Spider-Man (OMD), Bucky (Captain America), Hulk (WWH), etc

Well he won't get owned by Spidey anymore, since Marvel went and cut of Pete's balls... eliminating most of his personal history and his enhanced powers.

Well he won't get owned by Spidey anymore, since Marvel went and cut of Pete's balls... eliminating most of his personal history and his enhanced powers.

You're right and after OMD/BND, I'm not even sure that fight even took place anymore. :huh:

It's magic :whatever:

You're right and after OMD/BND, I'm not even sure that fight even took place anymore. :huh:

It's magic :whatever:

I think the fight did happen, but anything involving Spider-Man during the Civil War is blurred and distorted in peoples memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"