Where are the movies DC?

DarkSuperman

Sidekick
Reaction score
I've already seen 2 marvel movies this year! FF and Ghost Rider. Yes, GR could have been better, but hey at least he got a movie. Where the hell is The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman? For Christ sake Marvel is giving every tom, dick, and harry in spandex a movie and what do the DC fans have? Singerman Returns and Batman Begins.

The WB and DC better step up their game in a BIG way because they're missing out on an incredible opportunity. Now this being said I don't want them to do some lame rush job on one of my favs (GL & Flash) then I'm left with something lame like "Catwoman in Name Only"

I just saw the Iron Man footage from comic con and it looks amazing. Somebody has got the formula, hire amazingly talented people who respect and understand the comics. The director actually hired a comic artist to help them get stuff right! Fantastic!

DC needs to get on the ball cause I'm soooooo ready for my Green Lantern movie already! Him and the Flash need some spotlight!

Its been discussed over and over here....DC isn't responsible for making movies because they they don't operate a film studio and are owned by one single studio called Warner Bros. The reason Marvel gets all their movies out is because they have their own production arm contracting with all the major studios and specifically dedicated to putting their characters on screen.
Although I'm sure people are about to get tired of the Marvel material....after Spider-Man 4 or 5 audiences will probably be bored. The rebooted Hulk and Iron Man are due next year, than all they need is Captain America. After that Marvel has been milked for all its worth for the time being. And after Chris Nolan is done with Batman and Bryan Singer with Superman, we'll definitely be over those franchises. That being said, WB really needs to quit lagging on the DC projects, because if they don't than the superhero film genre is gonna die out. Without Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern or Aquaman flicks, the formula will lose popularity. DC has all those properties that are tailor-made movies, so if that fresh material continues to go nowhere, so will the superhero genre.

I know if they don't get a move on the Super Hero Cinema wave will be over and then what will we have? Nothing, except regrets and unfulfilled potential.

Dc makes Quality movies!!!!....most of the times

I still think WB is waiting for the Harry Potter franchise to end before giving their superhero movie franchises any true serious attention.

I still uphold the belief that BB was DC's X-Men, and SR was supposed to be their Spider-Man....but since that hasn't worked out, pretty much every comic book property from DC has been put on hold.

I'm sure had the Superman film become a huge hit, we'd be looking at the trailer for Flash right now, and probably promo images of Wonder Woman...

Marvel made Daredevil (which was mediocre) then immediately made Elektra, which sucked. FF and from the general consensus FF2 = mediocre. X-men was good, X2 was great, X3 was good too, but the worst one. And then Spiderman 3....... = :cmad:. Marvel hasn't exactly been on the ball lately. So with disappointment after disappointment this year alone, I'm fine with DC taking their time. Batman Begins is IMO the best Superhero adaptation ever, and hopefully the Dark Knight will be Better. And all Superman needs is a new ****ing villain. I think it's smart to get them reestablished socially before going for broke on the others.

I still uphold the belief that BB was DC's X-Men, and SR was supposed to be their Spider-Man....but since that hasn't worked out, pretty much every comic book property from DC has been put on hold.

I'm sure had the Superman film become a huge hit, we'd be looking at the trailer for Flash right now, and probably promo images of Wonder Woman...

Regarding Wonder Woman, it looks like Whedon didn't even have a script and he was on the project for two years, so I doubt it. And I'm personally happy Goyer on Flash didn't work out considering how his two films did.

Would anyone object to David Hayter writing and directing Flash? I was thinking about him as a possible director.

I've already seen 2 marvel movies this year! FF and Ghost Rider. Yes, GR could have been better, but hey at least he got a movie. Where the hell is The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman? For Christ sake Marvel is giving every tom, dick, and harry in spandex a movie and what do the DC fans have? Singerman Returns and Batman Begins.

The WB and DC better step up their game in a BIG way because they're missing out on an incredible opportunity. Now this being said I don't want them to do some lame rush job on one of my favs (GL & Flash) then I'm left with something lame like "Catwoman in Name Only"

I just saw the Iron Man footage from comic con and it looks amazing. Somebody has got the formula, hire amazingly talented people who respect and understand the comics. The director actually hired a comic artist to help them get stuff right! Fantastic!

DC needs to get on the ball cause I'm soooooo ready for my Green Lantern movie already! Him and the Flash need some spotlight!

Except everything you described in the bolded, was already done by WB and DC. Why everyone ignores that just because WB dosent peddle out film after film, i dont understand

of course it's most faithful, but 324 pages?! That's unfilmable. lol.

1 page per minute, unless he had expected them to split it up in two parts or something.

Anyways, superhero genre is here to stay. It came due to the rise of the machines, the rise of effects.... judgement day is here and it says- superheroes are here to stay. Thanks to effects we can have these movies now.

And yeah, everything bolded- NOLAN DID.

I still think WB is waiting for the Harry Potter franchise to end before giving their superhero movie franchises any true serious attention.

Exactly, the last HP movie will come out around 2010, so WB will need a new blockbuster craze. That being said, getting another DC icon besides Superman and Batman on film should be their top priority by than. But still, they have committed to WW with or without Whedon, Joel Silver needs to find a new director ASAP. And while it may have been a controversial decision, they did hire Shawn Levy to direct the Flash, except that the guy isn't DOING HIS JOB! We haven't heard anything from Levy about his plans or ideas....he should have been at Comic-Con this past weekend to let us know. It just seems like WB made the announcement to piss off the fanboys.

might have something to do with WB is doing all the DC charater movies and Marvel has all their heroes all over the place...while it allows them to get many movies out there will pretty much be no interconnection in the movies. Think about how awesome it would have been in FF2 if Peter Parker was taking pics at the wedding.....or a Hulk/Thing fight.

well looks like DC is finally taking the lead: they've announced the JLA director.

not that it would mean its gonna get made next year, but at least WB is taking the lead in creating the first "all star" superhero movie. :up:

Exactly, the last HP movie will come out around 2010, so WB will need a new blockbuster craze. That being said, getting another DC icon besides Superman and Batman on film should be their top priority by than. But still, they have committed to WW with or without Whedon, Joel Silver needs to find a new director ASAP. And while it may have been a controversial decision, they did hire Shawn Levy to direct the Flash, except that the guy isn't DOING HIS JOB! We haven't heard anything from Levy about his plans or ideas....he should have been at Comic-Con this past weekend to let us know. It just seems like WB made the announcement to piss off the fanboys.

I would at least try to get Flash out soon to test the waters of DC properties other than Superman and Batman working on the big screen. Since they seem to be releasing one superhero flick a year, I think they can afford to experiment a bit.

Its been discussed over and over here....DC isn't responsible for making movies because they they don't operate a film studio and are owned by one single studio called Warner Bros. The reason Marvel gets all their movies out is because they have their own production arm contracting with all the major studios and specifically dedicated to putting their characters on screen.

in other words, DC f****ed it up. How could they sell all the rights to WB?
It's clear that Marvel has more capable people in the comercial department.

in other words, DC f****ed it up. How could they sell all the rights to WB?
It's clear that Marvel has more capable people in the comercial department.

DC didnt sell the rights to WB

WB owns DC

DC cant choose another studio even if they wanted to.

Wow! Another thread basically bashing Marvel movies! Just what we need! :rolleyes:

Wow! Another thread basically bashing Marvel movies! Just what we need! :rolleyes:

Where the hell have you been? I didnt bash their movies I simply want DC heroes to pick up the pace and make more.

Except everything you described in the bolded, was already done by WB and DC. Why everyone ignores that just because WB dosent peddle out film after film, i dont understand

Oh really? So Bryan singer hired a comic book artist to help him get the costumes of Superman and the X-men right? No. I didn't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"