Which Actor In A Role From The Old DCU Will You Miss The Most?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
If Gunn does recast all the characters from the old DCU, which out of any these original actors recast will you miss the most in their roles?

Last edited:
Gal Gadot.

She charmed general audiences ,and made a good impression as Wonder Woman .
Unfortunately for her , she had one great solo film , and the rest of the films she was in, were duds.

While it's easier to reboot characters like Superman, Flash, Batman, Suicide Squad etc. relatively quickly, I think don't think it's going to be as easy to cast a the right fit for Diana, and to reboot Wonder Woman so quickly, meaning the next few years.

Obviously , there are other actresses out their who have the potential of being great in the role, but I don't see it as easy a task as alot of fans seem to think it is.

Like Superman, it's going to be a much harder role to cast , and likely, it's going to have to be a lesser known ,to unknown actress.

But , if it is the hard reboot , than it's inevitable they'll have to find another actress and creative team for Wonder Woman.

I am surprised to vote not Margot Robbie but I am already tired of her version of Quinn somehow. Since I hope they hire someone who can actually act for Wonder Woman, I go with Cavill.

Gal Gadot, no question. I agree it won't be as easy to replace her as some think. She and Lynda Carter both exude one distinct quality (apart from sex appeal) - kindness. They're incredibly beautiful, can convey the physicality, and enter the fray without hesitation, but they manage(d) to do it with a genuine air of "I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to kick your ass.'". It doesn't surprise me that Gadot beat Olga Kurylenko for the role; whilst they're equally stunning, Kurylenko doesn't exude that kindness. There's something of the 'bad girl' about her hotness that isn't right for Wonder Woman. I believe the makers are going to have quite a task to find that special quality again.

Margot Robbie, Gal Gadot and Viola Davis were the best or the ones with most potential. Levi and Cena come after. Good riddance to the rest.

Affleck probably. Really enjoyed him as Batman. Was excited for his solo film. Gutted when he left.

tumblr_ptu3xt6GXM1uorz8zo3_540.gif

That we can all agree on.

283bffcf86b7a68e1c73bff9f1b84420031f003b.gifv

You know, if they ever did an *actual* Birds of Prey movie, I would be 100% up for her joining the team. She'd fit much better working for Babs than she ever did working for Waller.

Gail was born to play Wonder Woman. Her face is straight from the comics. She will be the hardest to replace even though I think they can find a better actress that you can understand.

She will be the hardest to replace even though I think they can find a better actress that you can understand.

I started to “like” this post until I got to this statement. Now I’m totally scratching my head.

Easily Zach Levi. Of the main superhero headliners, that's the one I think they nailed and of course he ends up being greatly underutilized.

Yeah.

I felt bad that he had to go on Instagram and basically try to calm some of the recent rumblings and uproar , while at the same time, trying to promote his film , and to sing the praises of Gunn and Saffron.

At the end of the day, he still has a film coming out and for all the talk of hard reboots.

He's got the toughest job of trying to get people excited for a film that's still a few months off, while the majority of the discourse is about how WBD is moving on.

Zach and Margot most definitely. They owned their roles and it's a shame we won't see them again.

Definitely Ben Affleck his version of Batman had a lot of potential and was very underrated its very sad that he will never have his own Batman Movie.we never explored Batfleck version of Gotham City the Flash it may be his last appearance Batfleck was definitely a Batman who could have contributed more and it is very sad that we will not have more of that version of Batman hopefully Batfleck successor is a Good Actor and a Good Batman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"