Which actor or director make you want to see a movie?

tyler-durden

Superhero
Reaction score
I know there is thread for actors or directors that ruin a movie for you but which one's do you really like?

I've got a few directors in mind. I do have a few actor/actresses in mind.

I'll watch anything by Scorsese, Tarantino, Gilliam, Burton and the Coen Brothers.
Actors... Michael Caine, James Cagney, Christian Bale...

Famke Janssen
Shohreh Aghdashloo
Agnes Bruckner
i have seen every movie /tv episode i can get my hands on for those 3
also crazy about
Uma Thurman Naomi Watts Jean Smart (though her better roles are all TV really )Dakota Fanning Edward Norton Ian McKellan Julian Sands etc......

Tim Burton, his visuals are usually eccentric and fun, except for Planet of the Apes.

I don't have a certain actor, really.

---Morzan

I've never watched a movie just because it has an actor I like in it. That would be for stage, stage is the actor's medium. Film is the director's medium. I'll be drawn hypnotically to anything by Kubrick, Singer, Fincher, Alex Proyas, Hideo Nakata, Ryuhei Kitamura, Corey Yuen, Ridley Scott...I would add Burton but he's made the same movie twenty times now, he needs to make more stuff like Ed Wood.

Actors,...eh, I'll watch any actor in anything if the movie is good. I don't discriminate. Heck, I don't even know if I have a favorite actor. If I have one that's close to being my favorite, it'd probably be Christian Bale. I'd probably see him in anything.

As for directors, I'll probably watch anything by Spielberg, Peter Jackson, Scorcese, Tim Burton, Bryan Singer, and Clint Eastwood.

-TNC

Shane Black
Danny Boyle
Kevin Smith (sometimes)
Joss Whedon (as long as it is Serenity 2)

I'm fan of Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, Edgar Wright (Shaun of the dead and Hot Fuzz were genuis), Kevin Smith,

Actors would have to be Edward Norton and Bruce Willis.
Actresses, Rosario Dawson, She's gorgeous and she can actually act.

I totally agree about Shaun and Fuzz, tyler. :up:

As for directors, I'm probably forgetting several but off the top of my head I'd say these would make me at least curious about the movie: Lawrence Kasdan, Michael Mann, Spielberg, John Hughes, Robert Zemeckis, Chris Columbus, M.Night Shymalan.

Actors - There are certain people who are just easy to watch and for the most part, choose decent scripts. I don't automatically go to their films, but I'm usually more apt to. Tom Hanks, Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Mel Gibson, Brad Pitt :O

When I think about it, some of my favorite actors are in some of the worst movies, and some of my favorite movies have actors that are just okay for me. Weird. :dry:

Simon Pegg
Kristen Bell
MR T
the judd apatow/seth rogen group
kevin smith
Joss Whedon

M. Night is okay I actually most of films considering the crap he gets for them, Unbreakable and the sixth sense are great, I'm on the fence about the Village, the ending was crap.

As of right now, the Judd Apatow crew, Kevin Smith, Quentin Tarantino, and Tim Burton. If they're attached to a project, I'm there.

I used to see all of the Will Ferrell movies, but then that turned sour once I saw "Blades of Glory". Same with Keira Knightley and "The Jacket".

Robert Rodriguez would be on my top list, but I refuse to watch any of the "Spy Kids" movies or "Sharkboy and Lavagirl".

Directors:
Sam Raimi
David Lynch
David Cronenberg
Lloyd Kaufman
Ridley Scott
George A. Romero
John Carpenter

Actors:
Bruce Campbell
Elias Koteas
Steve Martin
Bruce Lee
Kurt Russell

Directors:

George Miller
Tim Burton
Rian Johnson
David Cronenberg
Peter Jackson
Gregg Araki
Terry Gilliam
Jesus' Franco (they're so bad, they're good)
F.F. Coppola

And some more, but there's about a third.

shyla stylez.

:up:

At any rate...

Directors:
Steven Spielberg
Quentin Tarantino
George Lucas
Tim Burton
Sam Raimi
Chris Nolan
Peter Jackson
Martin Scorsese
Kevin Smith
Judd Apatow
James Cameron
Bryan Singer
David Fincher
Christopher Guest
David Lynch
Michael Moore
M. Knight Shyamalan (Though "Lady in the Water" made me :csad: )

Actors:
Billy Bob Thornton (Though not so much as of late... "Mr Woodcock"...?!
Jackie Chan
Jack Nicholson
Jodie Foster

Bale
Morgan Freeman
Will Smith
Stallone
Tartino
Natilie Portman
Kurt Russell
Tom Hank
Bruce Willis

Directors:
Tim Burton
Christopher Nolan
Michael Mann
Rob Zombie
Christophe Gans
James Cameron
Peter Jackson
Bryan Singer
Martin Scorsese
David Fincher
Steven Spielberg
Mel Gibson
Darren Lynn Bousman

Actors:
Christian Bale
Keanu Reeves
Jack Nicholson
Morgan Freeman
Thomas Jane
Michael Keaton
Denzel Washington
Viggo Mortensen
Sean Astin
Cillian Murphy
Johnny Depp
Ian McKellen
Hugo Weaving
Natalie Portman
Dustin Hoffman
Mark Wahlberg
Donnie Wahlberg
Tobin Bell
Costas Mandylor
Shawnee Smith
Kevin Bacon
Joaquin Phoenix
Jodie Foster

Directors:

Coen brothers
Quentin Tarantino
Martin Scorsese
Kevin Smith
Peter Jackson
Sam Raimi
Robert Rodriguez (except for the family movies)
Bryan Singer
Christopher Nolan
Wes Anderson
Edgar Wright
Christopher Guest

Actors:

Bruce Campbell
Samuel L. Jackson
Christian Bale
Steve Buscemi
Bruce Willis
Christopher Walken
Robert De Niro

I'll check out any and all movies directed by Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson(post Heavenly Creatures), Tim Burton, Bryan Singer, QT, Robert Zemeckis, and George Lucas.

Robert Rodriguez would be on my top list, but I refuse to watch any of the "Spy Kids" movies or "Sharkboy and Lavagirl".

Spy Kids 2 and 3 as well as Sharkboy and Lavagirl was all complete trash. But, if you don't mind family movies, I would definitely advise the first Spy Kids if you have not seen it. Cool story, nice special effects, and a really good cast. Alan Cumming was simply genius. A lot of people hear about the sequels and the Sharkboy movie and decide against seeing the first, but I really enjoyed it. Rob Rod came up with a cool idea and made something very nice out of it(yes, my second favorite Rodriguez movie :D), the sequels were just poorly done and simply made for the money.

Over 100 reviews, just take a look.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spy_kids/

Actors: Will Smith and Halle Berry are the only actors where I've seen all their films, and always make an effort to see, regardless of the film.

Directors: Bryan Singer, Steven Spielberg, Alex Proyas, James Cameron, Darren Aronofsky, Peter Jackson and Robert Rodriguez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"