A DIFFERENT kind of Movie Tournament...

CFE

The never-ending battle
Reaction score
With Three movie tournaments already up, I thought I couldn't make one that felt original.

But I've come up with an idea to do one from an angle no one's thought of yet.

CFE'S Movie-By-Director MATCH UP!

Rules are simple:

I pick a Director, choose two of their works, and you vote.

This isn't a tournament however.

With so many wonderful directors to choose from, these match ups, like my hero and villain match ups, will be unlimited, until I can no longer think up any further battles.

I'll start off with more well known directors, but with members like Movies205 keeping an eye out for me, I'll include more classic directors as we go along.

Here we go:
-----------------------------

RIDLEY SCOTT

ALIEN (1979)

alien.jpg

"In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream."

VS.

BLADE RUNNER (1982)

blade_runner_fondo.jpg

"Man Has Made His Match...Now It's His Problem."

-----------------------------

CFE

Blade Runner.

But you should make sure i won't use the same movies dude.

Blade Runner.

But you should make sure i won't use the same movies dude.

Well, since this isn't an actual Tournament, it's acting as if no films have been used yet.

Besides, I truthfully don't think people are going to care too terribly much. Our threads are two seperate entities from one another. But don't worry, as mine goes along, I'll be picking films that you wouldn't...

CFE

I didn't like either of them very much, but I'll go with Alien. Because of John Hurt and some good suspense.

Well, since this isn't an actual Tournament, it's acting as if no films have been used yet.

Besides, I truthfully don't think people are going to care too terribly much. Our threads are two seperate entities from one another. But don't worry, as mine goes along, I'll be picking films that you wouldn't...

CFE
You be surprised abou how many movies i have seen. Thus the reason i am doing a Classic Movie Tournament as well.
I'll participate in yours if you will mine deal.

now you've done it, this isn't fair. >:-(

urgh....i go with Blade Runner. great visuals, story, great soundtrack, i love the characters and robots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"