Which cameos would you like to see in Black Panther?

I don't want any Avenger cameos. This is T'Challa's first film.

I don't want any Avenger cameos. This is T'Challa's first film.

That didn't stop Falcon from showing up in "Ant-Man". I think if anyone cameos in BP, it'll be frozen Bucky. Steve probably didn't stay in Wakanda but I'm sure he'll be back there again in Infinity War, probably for a new shield.

Cap and Bucky given how Civil War ended...

nice to see Howard Stark in a flash back with the 1940's Panther getting the Vibranium for Cap's shield...heck, would be nice to see the WWII Cap on hand for a mini adventure...

A young T'Chaka or King Azzuri interacting with Howard could work as they kind of ruined it with Cap, who seemed to know nothing about Wakanda or tge black panther prior to T'Challa showing up.

A young T'Chaka or King Azzuri interacting with Howard could work as they kind of ruined it with Cap, who seemed to know nothing about Wakanda or tge black panther prior to T'Challa showing up.

I would have loved a "I knew you grandfather" moment between Cap and Panther in Civil War...

They could still have a flash back and his memory was erased by a Wakandan herb or some such thing...but I would be happy with just Stark I guess...

I highly doubt Marvel will be drawing from Coates run due to its relative newness and the fact that it's not even done.

While I would of made that assumption too, apparently Ta-Nehesi's run - and writing in general - will influence the movie, according to Ryan Coogler.

Coates' run will influence the movie just like the likes of contributions from Lee, McGregor, Priest, Hudlin and McDuffy will. Coates' run so far focuses on the turmoil and civil unrest within Wakanda; the threat to his throne and the challenge T'Challa as a king faces when having to deal with an insurrection while simultaneously having to bare the responsibility and deal with the consequences of the losses Wakanda has faced mainly dating as far back as Doomwar in which Shuri was in charge. It's pretty heavy on philosophy and politics and with only 6 issues in, does a great job in exploring who T'Challa the king is. Being a king of this particular nation. It would be remiss for Coates' work to be ignored when making this movie but as has already been stated, Coogler and Cole are extrapolating from practically everyone who's written BP/T'Challa and fortunately there's an insane amount of glorious material to potentially make the best MCU movie to date if not the best in the genre.

Last edited:
Is Serkis/Klaw not in this?

He might be. He is likely to be the secondary villain, though.

I think we could see a Namor reference (did the rights revert back to Marvel?), setting up for a sequel.

I think Bucky and Natasha are most likely to be in Black Panther. Cap, Clint, and Wanda (who pretty much has no history with T'challa) are likely elsewhere or scattered across the world. Scott may well be separated from them given the rumoured plot of Ant-Man & the Wasp.

I think Falcon's appearance in Ant-Man is a good example of how to make this work. I don't think you should feature any of Cap's team, as you kinda have to ask where the rest of them are, and the last thing I want in a BP film is an Avengers film.

Stan during the flashback set in the 90s, fa sho, but the cameo I'd love most would be having Luke Cage and Claire Temple show up in Wakanda on a vacation or something. Noting that a cameo isn't strictly necessary (see Dr. Strange), having Vision or even Rhodey show up to represent the Western world could be fun and useful to the plot in some way.

Spider-Man Homecoming: Tony Stark
Thor Ragnarok: Steven Strange
Ant-Man: Sam Wilson
Black Panther: Steve Rogers (This could be a possibility but who knows)

This will undeniably be a very solo BP film. However, this film leads into IW and Wakanda will be an important location in the MCU going forward. It makes sense that Bucky will make a small appearance and it's not hard to imagine that Cap may make a small cameo too. I'd be cool with this.

Bucky in the third act, perhaps. Cap should only appear in the post-credits.

I don't think the film will lead into Infinity War much at all, how could it? I don't see how. My hope is it will be focused on Wakanda and Wakanda only.

Hopefully they don't ruin it by shoving Thanos into it, completely ruining the tone of the movie.

I don't think the film will lead into Infinity War much at all, how could it? I don't see how. My hope is it will be focused on Wakanda and Wakanda only.

Hopefully they don't ruin it by shoving Thanos into it, completely ruining the tone of the movie.

"T'Challa's story is very important to us as it links to the next Avengers films, which is why we brought it forward." - Kevin Feige

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-black-panther-will-set-851523

It's obviously The Winter Solider since he's in Wakanda.

That might cause some diplomatic trouble for T'challa, but nothing more.

Killmonger might use it in some way, admittedly.

Surely Team Cap should be looking after Bucky, not T'challa, who has now made problems for himself.

I thought he was supposed to be isolationist?

I thought he was supposed to be isolationist?

You've completely missed the whole dynamic of Wakanda's involvement in CW and what initially facilitated T'Chaka wanting to be less isolationist (see AoU); and of course the point of CW's mid credit scene.

Watch the Klaw scenes in AoU

Watch the United Nations scenes in CW

Watch the scenes where Cap, Bucky, Tony and Panther are in Siberia, particularly when Panther confronts Zemo

Then watch the mid credits scene

That should undoubtedly clear things up for you.

"T'Challa's story is very important to us as it links to the next Avengers films, which is why we brought it forward." - Kevin Feige

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-black-panther-will-set-851523

That's a good point. There's no room for a truly standalone movie at this point. Ant-Man was a movie born 10 years too late. Dr. Strange was all about an infinity gem. It's very likely that vibranium, or something about it, is going to factor into IW in some huge way. For all we know, Carol Danvers could be the cameo.

^ Thor I get leading into IFW with Hela and the space aspects etc. How can Black Panther lead in?

All the stones should be in play before this movie right? The 2 on Earth aren't anywhere near Wakanda either.

That would lead me to believe a cameo by Tony Stark and/or Howard Stark related to vibranium, or setting up Black Panther as a part in the Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"