Which Character Should Be The DCU Flash? - Wally or Barry?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
The Flash will inevitably be rebooted again in the DCU and when that comes I wonder which secret identity should take on the mantle in the new DCU? Wally or do you want to try Barry Allen again?

I’d say Wally. Maybe kill Barry in the first act, and it’s a legacy hero story that culminates inside the Speed Force where (guess who) Barry arrives to help Wally save the day.

Then, a sequel has Wally searching for Barry.

I always think of Barry Allen as the 'real' Flash, same as I think of Hal Jordan as the 'real' Green Lantern, just because that's who they were when I first got into DC as a child. But I think having Wally be the Flash would help in making a clean break from Ezra Miller's version.

Wally. We had enough of Barry by now in live action.

I always think of Barry Allen as the 'real' Flash, same as I think of Hal Jordan as the 'real' Green Lantern, just because that's who they were when I first got into DC as a child.
It’s funny. I used to be this way as well. And I think that’s why I never liked the Flash as a character until I read the runs with Wally as Flash.
Most of the time, Barry (and Hal for that matter) are written as complete tools. i guess they have their fans, but generally speaking, I find that they are more arrogant, more reckless, and more unlikable than some of their successors.

Wally, on the other hand, is generally written to be a humble family man who is more grounded, more sincere, and a genuinely lovable character. Plus, he is faster and more competent than Barry. He is the superior Flash and the superior character from an earnestness standpoint.

So yeah, I’m team Wally 150%

For me, Barry has always been the modern-day Flash. If you're going to use Wally, set the story 100 years in the future or something like that. I'd also like to see a big-screen version of Bart Allen, who in the comics was the grandson of Iris Allen and the fourth Flash, who lived in the 2990s.

For me, Barry has always been the modern-day Flash. If you're going to use Wally, set the story 100 years in the future or something like that. I'd also like to see a big-screen version of Bart Allen, who in the comics was the grandson of Iris Allen and the fourth Flash, who lived in the 2990s.

That doesn't really track with him being Iris' nephew.

I would like Wally.

That doesn't really track with him being Iris' nephew.

I would like Wally.
I can see Wally and Wallace as our Flash and Kid Flash with Bart coming later.

I love Wally, and overall probably prefer him to Barry, but given how much his origin and overall story is tied to Barry Allen, I'm not sure it would make sense to start off with him.

Barry Allen SUCKS. Wally is one of the best characters in all of DC. And he may be the best person outside of Superman.

Plus, The Return of Barry Allen is one of the best DC stories ever written. And besides its name, it is completely about Wally. It is so great because he is so compelling.

My question for you guys who say Barry is this: Do you read comics?

He only has like 2 film appearances should show how badly the DCEU handled him. 😆
2 film appearancr and 2 TV shows dedicate to him . The last one run for 9 season and 184 episodes. I think this is more then enough, for now. I want a new Flash. Barry Allen can be a side character.

2 film appearancr and 2 TV shows dedicate to him . The last one run for 9 season and 184 episodes. I think this is more then enough, for now. I want a new Flash. Barry Allen can be a side character.
Hey don't drag down a perfectly cromulent Barry with the DCEU one. :o

Barry Allen SUCKS. Wally is one of the best characters in all of DC. And he may be the best person outside of Superman.

Plus, The Return of Barry Allen is one of the best DC stories ever written. And besides its name, it is completely about Wally. It is so great because he is so compelling.

My question for you guys who say Barry is this: Do you read comics?
Without Barry are we robbing Wally of his emotional character growth? I'm Team Wally by the way.

Without Barry are we robbing Wally of his emotional character growth? I'm Team Wally by the way.
Maybe, but while his relationship with Barry as a father/older brother figure was key to his early development, I feel like Wally has stood on his own for some time now. Really, Mark Waid’s The Return of Barry Allen was a pivotal story where Wally really came into his own and took the Flash mantle for himself.

Nowadays, when Barry shows up in Flash stories, he drags Wally down and his character regresses.

I know my GOAT, it's his time
bb1f8c28014b092725a4391c84285437.gif

Since it's already lived in universe where Damian is a teen....it should be Wally

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"