The OFFICIAL Wally West casting thread

question for dc comic readers, i dont really read dc comics more a marvel fan on the comic department so with barry coming back which i know about has it been revealed what wally will now be called?

DC has never had a problem having several characters with the same name (ie: Green Lantern).

i thought he was getting an whole new look once barry comes back, and thought that meant a new hero name too since barry will be the current flash mantle holder?

FLS-Cv247.jpg
To my knowledge, nothing has been leaked about Wally's future other than that image, which is to be the cover of issue #247.

ok i thought i remember hearing wally was getting a new costume that is silver i think?

Whoever they cast, they definatley need to rework Wally's origin, that's for sure. I never liked the idea that it's just the same thing that happened to Barry coincidentally repeating itself.

i thought they just retconned Wally to be present at the first incident.

Nope, the story is still Wally comes over to Central City hoping to meet the Flash and the incident reoccurs as the Flash explains his origin.

well then just put him at the scene of the first incident. Easy enough

If doing a legacy movie, I think Barry transfering his powers to Wally as his last act before "dieing" is also a good bit of shorthand.

If doing a legacy movie, I think Barry transfering his powers to Wally as his last act before "dieing" is also a good bit of shorthand.

but then you end up skipping Kid Flash era where hes had experience fighting crime and using his powers and learning about justice, ethics, and heroism and what not. I suppose its a viable idea but i personally think his sidekick days are important.

but then you end up skipping Kid Flash era where hes had experience fighting crime and using his powers and learning about justice, ethics, and heroism and what not. I suppose its a viable idea but i personally think his sidekick days are important.

For a comic book, I would agree. But for a movie, I think it be better for Wally to learn on the fly.

I dont think he should start at ground zero though. He had a teacher through more formative years which is could explain why Wally is more powerful than Barry. Plus it skips the teenaged sidekick years that never has the same effect as it does in comics when its presented but the history of it can still hold weight for the character

I'd like the movie to be the beginning of Wally's career as the Flash with Barry appearing in flashbacks to show us their relationship and his death. Barry's death could be played as both a great act of heroism that Wally tries to live up to and as a major personal lost that he has to overcome in order to be his own man and do the job right.

Wally is one of those characters that every writer seems to have their own personal "take" on. Most people here will probably go by the Timmverse take on Wally but going by the Perez/Wolfman Teen Titans view of Wally (my favorite), then Dustin Milligan would be a good pick.

Ya know, after watching Dustin Milligan a few times, I can see Wally West in him. And he may be able to do both the Waid/Weiringo Wally and the Timmverse Wally.

i have been watching Fringe so i like him more than i used to

James Roday...I would say Ryan Reynolds but hes already gonna be in the Marvel Universe......

But James Roday has great comic acting. I think he can pull of intense scenes too. The only worry for me is that hes never been in a big movie. But watch Psych and tell me you can't see him as wally west

technically not the marvel universe since the xmen/wolverine films are not apart of the marvel u they are forming with im/hulk/ca/etc...(future marvel studios films).

Yeah but they're already talking about a Deadpool spin-off that its a good bet the Reynold-as-West ship has sailed

i wish that DC set up their films like Marvel did lol
i wish Christian Bale would be in the JL movie

but ya thats nvr gonna happen...they wont really be able to make a JL movie until after the Nolans are done with Batman
I mean come on Christian Bale, Brandon Routh, James Roday, Michelle Monaghan, Djimon Hounsou, Ryan Phillipe, and whoever green lantern
of course that would be the most expensive movie ever made. But i still would love to see it

Last edited:
would be nice to see bale in jl film and maybe it will happen maybe it wont who knows what will actually happen within a few yrs if wb gets jl rolling again. As for cast i do hope the next few solo films we get we get good actors and the films do well. As for superman i as many of you know i didnt like routh or the film that much, so hopefully wb will get superman right next time around. What ever it turns out to be. And i would like a total clean slate(doesnt need to be a straight out origin flix).

Yeah Usain Bolt has the fastest feet in the world, but not all speedsters need to built like him... take Tyson Gay:
TysonEPA2608_468x407.jpg

or Shawn Crawford (the guy's huge):
138741_m11.jpg

For example.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"