Which CLASSIC film(s) should be re-released in theaters?

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
I was just over at the James Bond forums where there was a thread discussing the upcoming re-release of Goldfinger at the UK. So. . .that got me thinking. Which classic film should get a re-release so us young people can get a chance to see them on the big screen?

Me?

All the pre-GoldenEye film. Why do I say that? Cause I saw the last 5 Bond films in theaters. The Chris Reeve Superman films should be re-released. YES, all four of them! The Indiana Jones Trilogy. Although I did see Last Crusade in theaters when it was released in 1989. And, last but not least the Sergio Leone films!

idk maybe Jaws, I got sharks on my mind after seeing that shark pic in the Transformers forums.

Yeah, I would love to see Jaws on the big screen! Good choice :up:

texas-chainsaw-massacre.jpg

Batman (1989)
Superman: The Movie
Robocop
Terminator
Alien
Aliens
Psycho (Hitchcock Original)
North by Northwest
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Indiana Jones Trilogy

Never saw any of these on the BIG SCREEN. Love to if I got the chance.

CFE

with the recent release of Live Free or Die Hard I'm surprised Fox didn't re-release the Die Hard flicks. That would have kicked ass.
haha yep, and yeah they made a re-make of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre not too long ago.

Wasn't Spelberg going to rerelease Jaws but scrapped it after the ET rerelease didn't do that well?

I saw both in theaters when they were released. You young people make me feel old. :csad:

As did I (well drive-in for Batman); and same here.

I'd love to see the original TMNT on the big screen again though, especially after the revival this year.

How about did the E.T. re-release do? I know people were upset cause of all the changes.

Seven Samurai
Once Upon A Time in The West
Rashomon
This is Spinal Tap
Vertigo
Dr. Strangelove
Das Boot

just to name a few

How about did the E.T. re-release do? I know people were upset cause of all the changes.
from Wiki.

An extended version of the film was released on March 22, 2002, that included altered special effects. Certain shots of E.T. had bothered Spielberg since 1982, as he did not have enough time to make the animatronics fully work. Computer-generated imagery (CGI) was used to modify several shots, including ones of E.T. running in the opening sequence. Spielberg also used CGI to add elements to the spaceship. Scenes shot for but not part of the original version were included for the first time: E.T. taking a bath, and Gertie telling Mary that Elliott went to the forest. Spielberg did not add Harrison Ford's scene, feeling that would reshape the film too drastically. Having become a father, Spielberg was more sensitive about the scene where gun-wielding policemen threaten Elliott and his escaping friends. He replaced the guns digitally with walkie-talkies.[5]
At the premiere, John Williams conducted a live performance of the score while the film played.[49] This third release grossed $35 million domestically, and brought the film's total worldwide gross to $792 million since 1982.[27] The 20th anniversary edition was released on a 2-disc DVD on December 9, 2002, and was also packaged in a collector's edition with the original version.[50] The changes to the film, in particular the switch from guns to walkie-talkies, were criticized as politically correct. Peter Travers of Rolling Stone wondered, "Remember those guns the feds carried? Thanks to the miracle of digital, they're now brandishing walkie-talkies.... Is this what two decades have done to free speech?"[51] Chris Hewitt of Empire wrote, "[T]he changes are surprisingly low-key...while ILM's CGI E.T. is used sparingly as a complement to Carlo Rambaldi's extraordinary puppet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial#20th_anniversary_edition

792 mil isn't too bad.

The re-release made 35 million. That is pretty bad. :csad:

Dude, that movie is like 6 hours long! Das Boot is the type of movie that takes you like three days to watch on DVD.

And it's one of my favorite movies. And my old man likes it too.

Plus, I was 3 when it came out. So I'd like to see it in a theater

The Karate Kid

The Goonies

all the "3D" movies

Jaws 3d

nightmare on elm street 7 i think.. and the likes

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members