The Amazing Spider-Man which era of peter's life should sony have gone with?

Which is why I said I think people need to calm down a bit. Not only is there way too much competition that summer...way too much if sony screw up or give us more of the same crap that Raimi gave us, they may end up losing the rights back to disney, which is why as you stated, sony have got to get it right. That comment about this new film smelling different and whatnot was just the thing I needed to hear because this film needs to be a massive departure from the raimi movies.

It would have been just fine if Raimi would have used vulture and sandman in spiderman 3 but instead of that he used venom, a major villain, and harry as the new goblin, which was in the comics a very big villain as well, and if that's not enough, he added sandman which was really just unnecessary. People aren't saying that 2 or in some cases 3 villains are always a bad thing, they're just saying that if they have a very big villan from the comics in the movie they better not have many of them. Sandman stole the attention, which left venom and the new goblin biting the dust.

That been said, Spiderman 3 would have been better with only venom and the new goblin, or with sandman and vulture, giving time for harry to develop to even bigger villan and more time for spidey to have the black suit, and how cool would that have been if in the fourth movie venom is in the back ground encouraging harry to kill peter, and in the end they would fight venom together.

I agree with everything except for this part. I can't see these two going well together at all. If you do a multiple villain movie they should at least have some connection, which is what Sandman and Vulture would have had from the beginning. Plus if it were those two we'd probably two or three fights scenes with Harry. One as regular Spider-man and the other two as black Spidey. Seems a bit repetitive considering we had just gotten a movie with a goblin as the main villain. Plus I think Venom requires two movies. One to set him up and the other for him to be Venom. If Brock was introduced beforehand, then I might think it could work somehow.

I agree with everything except for this part. I can't see these two going well together at all. If you do a multiple villain movie they should at least have some connection, which is what Sandman and Vulture would have had from the beginning. Plus if it were those two we'd probably two or three fights scenes with Harry. One as regular Spider-man and the other two as black Spidey. Seems a bit repetitive considering we had just gotten a movie with a goblin as the main villain. Plus I think Venom requires two movies. One to set him up and the other for him to be Venom. If Brock was introduced beforehand, then I might think it could work somehow.

No connection? With Harry wanting Vengance against Spider-Man for taking his father from him. With the symbiote influencing Peter and taking him away from with great power comes great responsibility?

Some of the best scenes in SM3 were those exact same interactions between Peter (symbiote induced) and Harry (Vengance induced).

I think IF they had concentrated on those two, it would of, or better phrase.. "COULD OF BEEN" a truely great story.

No connection? With Harry wanting Vengance against Spider-Man for taking his father from him. With the symbiote influencing Peter and taking him away from with great power comes great responsibility?

Some of the best scenes in SM3 were those exact same interactions between Peter (symbiote induced) and Harry (Vengance induced).

I think IF they had concentrated on those two, it would of, or better phrase.. "COULD OF BEEN" a truely great story.

Again, it probably would have worked if Brock was in previous movies so they could develop him. But since he wasn't there was no room for him in the established storyline. He had absolutely no foreshadowing in the movie series. Both the 90s and SSM did it right by introducing Brock beforehand instead of just having him appear for the first episode where Peter got the symbiote.

IMO Venom is too big a villain to be tossed in with a goblin storyline. They should have waited until that was over. Then after that maybe Sony and Raimi could have worked something out, instead of Sony forcing Raimi to drop his original plan to put in a villain that didn't fit in the current storyline.

If it wasn't for Sony we would have gotten an awesome Goblin vs Vulture airal battle at the end, but noooo, the idiots demand Venom because fanboys cry for him.

Too many of these threads degenerate into a discussion about 3.

Again, it probably would have worked if Brock was in previous movies so they could develop him. But since he wasn't there was no room for him in the established storyline. He had absolutely no foreshadowing in the movie series. Both the 90s and SSM did it right by introducing Brock beforehand instead of just having him appear for the first episode where Peter got the symbiote.

IMO Venom is too big a villain to be tossed in with a goblin storyline. They should have waited until that was over. Then after that maybe Sony and Raimi could have worked something out, instead of Sony forcing Raimi to drop his original plan to put in a villain that didn't fit in the current storyline.

If it wasn't for Sony we would have gotten an awesome Goblin vs Vulture airal battle at the end, but noooo, the idiots demand Venom because fanboys cry for him.

I totally agree with you that Venom should have been held off til SM4, but I think the symbiote and Harry/GG2 worked well together and would of worked even better without Sandman in the mix.

I also wish they would of paid more time to Harry's story, and had made it closer to a Goblin (as in GG2) than Surfer Dood or whoever he was supposed to be.

Well high school is where it all started. But with adulthood Spidey has mastered his power and still dealing with the responsibility. His still has problems and his world is filled with new enemies. It would have been nice to see them exploit them

College would've been ideal.

One of many differences TASM franchise could've done differently to secure its presence without having to be rebooted again and put under the Marvel umbrella. :whatever:

High-school and they should've cast Lerman, Yelchin, Hutcherson, Ehrenreich or Taylor-Johnson. I have no idea why they cast a 27 year-old Andrew Garfield out of ALL of the young actors on the shortlist, they cast the oldest guy on it-- knowing damn well that he wouldn't last in High-school.

Retirement age would have been the perfect era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"