Which MARVEL film is the most intentionally funny?

No one laughed at Spider-Man's Travolta dance in SM3. I thought some of Kitty's mocking quips to Lex in SR were quite funny too, but the audience in general were not roaring with laughter. With the serious tone of most superhero movies these days, comedy isn't usually a big part.
Really? The audience went nuts both times I saw it in theaters (reffering to Spider-man's Dance). It really was pretty funny. A lot of comic book fans don't like people laughing during their movies though, which I never understood. Yes. Because dancing in public is so stupid and no-one here's done it before. :whatever:

Really? The audience went nuts both times I saw it in theaters (reffering to Spider-man's Dance). It really was pretty funny. A lot of comic book fans don't like people laughing during their movies though, which I never understood. Yes. Because dancing in public is so stupid and no-one here's done it before. :whatever:

The only laughter I heard was almost like nervous laughter, kind of like "You've got to be kidding?" :huh:

Daredevil: DC with all the interplay between Affleck, Favreau & Coolio. It is easily the most intentionally funny Marvel film.

Fantastic Four. I always love the interactions between Johnny and Ben.

Fantastic Four. I always love the interactions between Johnny and Ben.

Same thing here. I Think the comedy is the best part in FF movies. They should keep it that way. Except for Dr Doom something has to be done.

I liked Doctor Doom and the corporate aspect in the film.

I watched the first 3 season of Nip tuck which were not bad. I really like Julian. He also played well in FF as a businessman but as the villain Dr Doom not really. My first choice would have been Gerard Butler. To me thats the perfect Dr.doom.

I watched the first 3 season of Nip tuck which were not bad. I really like Julian. He also played well in FF as a businessman but as the villain Dr Doom not really. My first choice would have been Gerard Butler. To me thats the perfect Dr.doom.
agreed
he's great in Nip/Tuck. Julian is really good actor, but I think he's so stucked in Nip/Tuck, that he couldn't even give a different personality for Doom.
and I think Clive Owen would be a perfect Doom.

I don't think the casting for Doom was all that bad. It was what they actually did with the character that was pretty awful. With a better script for Doom, I think Julian might have been pretty cool.

The Fantastic Four movies were funniest. I think they would have made better comedies than "serious" super hero films.

that's how I see this movies

agreed
he's great in Nip/Tuck. Julian is really good actor, but I think he's so stucked in Nip/Tuck, that he couldn't even give a different personality for Doom.
and I think Clive Owen would be a perfect Doom.

I Didn't think about Clive Owen He would indeed do a good Dr.Doom

Spiderman - The first time he tried webslinging
and hit the wall
was a laugh and a half.

Ghost Rider by far.

A lot of people didn't get this going in, but both the director and Cage had said in interviews they were going for the classic Universal monster B movie vibe. Those movies although classic were also a bit cheesy and funny.

I think that's why I didn't hate Ghost Rider like a number of others, I knew going in it wasn't trying to take itself seriously.

I'm surprised that more people didn't choose spider-man 3. It had TONS of hilarious moments, and all of them were intentional.

"Where do all these guys come from? (as he's dumping sand out of his shoes)"

"No Spidey No!" (the little kid when he's about to kiss gwen

"Soooo good" (Harry in the coffee shop)

The dancing in the streets montage (the funniest thing in any marvel movie)

All the scenes with JJJ

"My spider-sense is tingling, if you know what i'm talking about!"

The waiter part

This is just what I can think of from the top of my heard. I watched Spider-man 3 the other day with my girlfriend and our mutual friend, who is a Sam Raimi fanatic, and we were laughing our heads off at these moments. Maybe it's just my sense of humor, but I thought all of these parts were hilarious and intentionally so (based on my viewings of other sam raimi stuff). And yes, the dance scene was pretty darn funny too.

Now dig on this

Blade II:

Blade: How do you feel?
Whistler: Like hammered s***.

I thought it was funny in Daredevil when Foggy was shooting hoops with the little basketball from his desk with Murdock sitting in front of him. And he missed all 3 shots, but on the last one he looks at murdocks face and since he's blind Foggy says "Swish".

I thought the Foggy/Murdock duo were hilarious in Daredevil, funny in a cool way, not slapstick ******ed like some.

The FF films, and Howard the Duck

I went with Rise of the Silver Surfer. Evans irritated me in the first one, but I really liked him in the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"