Marvel Films The NeXt 1 and Done Marvel Studios' feature film

Reaction score
Following the footsteps of Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk and Marvel Studios' Black Widow.

Meaning there would be no 2quel.

Hmm with so many ips getting their own film, one of these films have to be a 1 and done. I just can't see a Marvel Studios' Armor Wars 2. While Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts is like the least interesting Marvel Studios film, and its a team film like can be a team film so uninteresting? so I hope thats a 1 and done. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel Studios' Blade is a 1 and done too. It takes forever to start filming and the lead actor is 49 neXt year. Like how long would it take for the sequel to come out?

Well they are working on another hulk film!! Don’t know if you call it a sequel since it’s probably 17 years between movies!! I also don’t see a secret wars 2 or armor wars 2!! Those really wouldn’t make much sense

Well they are working on another hulk film!! Don’t know if you call it a sequel since it’s probably 17 years between movies!! I also don’t see a secret wars 2 or armor wars 2!! Those really wouldn’t make much sense
Marvel Studios hasn't announced anything though. Not even the major trades.

I think out of the listed options Armor Wars is the most likely to be one and done. I suppose they could retitle it to "War Machine: Armor Wars" and make a "War Machine 2" at some point, but with how it was originally meant as a streaming show and the "Armor Wars" themselves pretty much being a one time event I think it's least likely to get a sequel.

I really hope Thunderbolts gets a sequel, because I hope to see a pretty different version in the sequel. While I don't like comparing Thunderbolts too much to the Suicide Squad, I think that like Suicide Squad Thunderbolts might benefit from getting a sequel with a mostly different team composition and tone. From what it looks like now Tbolts is set up to be more of a government special ops team with super soldiers and spies in the tone of Black Widow and F&tWS. Hopefully if it gets a sequel it becomes a more self-organizing group, with a less grounded tone and maybe keeping Ghost and/or Taskmaster while getting a fully new team otherwise (hopefully one a bit closer to the original comics).

I think that what could become one and done movies in the future are "event films". So far things that could've been events have been considered "Avengers" films (Infinity War, Endgame, Secret Wars), or in 1 case a Captain America film (Civil War) and a D+ show (Secret Invasion). But I think as more teams like Fantastic Four, Thunderbolts, X-Men, etc. start getting introduced it's possible they could do a single film that's just "Marvel's [event name]" without the event being a subtitle for any specific franchise. For example they could make a "Guardians of the Galaxy: Annihilation", or they could do a movie where characters like Nova, Silver Surfer and other big cosmic characters introduced in their Thor, Captain Marvel and F4 movies all come together along with the Guardians and just title it "Marvel's Annhilation" because it's not tied specifically to the Guardians franchise, or the Nova franchise or the Surfer franchise or whatever.

Saw it posted on here along with marvel getting distribution rights back for hulk in June 2023!! That would be the 15 year mark when distribution rights “end”!! If I’m wrong then dam it!! Lol

Saw it posted on here along with marvel getting distribution rights back for hulk in June 2023!! That would be the 15 year mark when distribution rights “end”!! If I’m wrong then dam it!! Lol
I haven't seen any article about that.

Maybe they can make 6 films out of Armor Wars. Each film can be each individual episode expanded and padded out with filler. :o

Armor Wars I still think may end up called Iron Man: Armor Wars.

I think Eternals and such are getting sequels, so I don't have a candidate for it yet

Armor Wars I still think may end up called Iron Man: Armor Wars.

I think Eternals and such are getting sequels, so I don't have a candidate for it yet

A proper Iron Man: Armor Wars with Stark would've been far more exciting than either Iron Man 2 or 3.

I am dubious that either Eternals or Armor Wars will get a sequel. The former was a flop, and the latter seems rather self-limited. Whereas all the others mentioned are pretty much guaranteed franchise starters with a lot of potential.

If you look at curious case of spidey hulk rights (at least a post) from Charles Murphy. Page 146. Aug 13 2022. Talks about getting distribution rights back from hulk via universal June 23 2023!! It is still he same fist agreement marvel had with paramount regarding the first movies!! I know it’s not from trade papers by c Murphy has been on the nose several times with his posts!! Please let me dream!! Lol

I am dubious that either Eternals or Armor Wars will get a sequel. The former was a flop, and the latter seems rather self-limited. Whereas all the others mentioned are pretty much guaranteed franchise starters with a lot of potential.
Hmm I thought Eternals did well at the boX office given the poor reviews and the covid surge at that time. If it earned the same amount this November/December, okay.

With so many characters to be utilized for a sequel, I doubt Feige would just abandon an Eternals II. But if it doesn't get a sequel, then it wouldn't be that surprising, since it was such an obscure Marvel ip to begin with.

It’s on the list of possibilities!! Thought I saw somewhere that George wants a nova movie for n the future just don’t know when
Ok they were making a nova movie!! Had a writer scripting it in March of this year!! But plans change last month it was changed to a Disney+ production no release date yet

It’s on the list of possibilities!! Thought I saw somewhere that George wants a nova movie for n the future just don’t know when
I hope you realized that this thread was created only for announced movies with the poll above.

Nova isn't even rumoured for a solo movie.

I hope you realized that this thread was created only for announced movies with the poll above.

Nova isn't even rumoured for a solo movie.
Sorry to offend you !! Didn’t realize. Heard there was something in the works and I was right but I am now corrected!! Thank you

Armor Wars would probably be renamed as Iron Man: Armor Wars making it technically Iron Man 4.

Thunderbolts/Armor Wars - if those are still happening
Deadpool - the only reason I'm tolerating a MCU film with Ryan Reynolds now, is the foX family (well some of it) are brought back us well for the Multiverse storyline I guess. Its not purely a Deadpool film like the first two Deadpool movies.
Blade - I don't mind if this ends up like Hulk, only 1 having mcu film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"