Apocalypse Which mutants in the franchise have had the most wasted potential?

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
I'm talking about the characters who are from the comics but are only in the movie to show off powers and have little to no dialogue.

X-men: Toad, Sabretooth, Mystique
X-2: Lady Deathstrike, Colossus
X-3: Angel, Psyloche, Arclight
First Class: Azazel, Riptide, Darwin
DoFP: Sunspot, Blink, Bishop
Apocalypse:??

Emma Frost definitely.

Though she is not a mute character, Rogue takes the cake.

I'm talking about the characters who are from the comics but are only in the movie to show off powers and have little to no dialogue.

X-men: Toad, Sabretooth, Mystique
X-2: Lady Deathstrike, Colossus
X-3: Angel, Psyloche, Arclight
First Class: Azazel, Riptide, Darwin
DoFP: Sunspot, Blink, Bishop
Apocalypse:??

Colossus X2 was cameo
Put him in rather in X3

Mutants who have been f******out by Fox :
X1 : Sabretooth. We didnt know if he had a link to Wolverine or not
X2 : Deathstrike, Cyclops
X3 : Cyclops, Angel, Rohue, Colossus
Apocalypse : Psylocke, Angel

I dont consider cameos or others mutants with little role like Jason 143, Iceman X1, Multiple Man, Quill, Arclight.

I don't think Colossus was wasted in X2.... that was like one of the greatest small roles in the movie-verse and it acted that like a set-up for his expected return for X3.

For Apocalypse: Definitely Storm, Angel and Psylocke..... these are A-lister members of the X-Men from the comics! Not only this was like the first time in the X-Men film series that they turned a popular X-Man into a silent henchman but they tripled it up, we got three of them! As much it was nice to see them in promotions/marketing... they were totally wasted in the film!

Can I say Jubilee from X2 and Apocalypse??? Seeing as her scenes were cut? :(

Angel in X-men 3 and Apocalypse although I guess he had an actual arc in X3

Probably the most shafted would be Angel and Rogue. At least Cyclops gets some justice in Apocalypse.

Rogue, though a great character in X-Men 1, never goes anywhere, and the finish to her story is crap. She did nothing but putz about in X2, and she was cut from DOFP entirely. So much potential coming off of X1 that was never capitalized on imo.

Angel is pretty obvious, as a founding member of the X-Men, his role should be as big as Beast's in these films. He was absolutely pointless in X3.. and even though I haven't seen Apocalypse, I REALLY hope they set up some kind of rivalry between Angel and Apocalypse, but I highly doubt that. All I'm hearing is that he's just another pointless hechman.

Have not seen Apocalypse yet, but in the other movies...
Cyclops (never got the attention he deserved. Marsden could've been great)
Toad (shouldn't have been killed in X-1)
Angel (at least his wings were cool)
Rogue (not the rogue from the comics)
Iceman (slightly better in X3 and DoFP, but still wasted potential)
Bishop

To be honest I haven't liked the handling of most of the X-men characters. Wolverine, Prof X, and Magneto have been consistently good though.

Everyone not named Xavier, Erik, Mystique,Wolverine, Quicksilver and Night crawler.

There's almost 400 X-Men and only Wolverine got a lot of run in 16 years. I mean some of the general audience think his name is X-Man

What I hope Singer, Kinberg and especially Lauren Shuler Donner will eventually realize, is that fans are fairly easy to satisfy. Not every character can, or should be a main player. However, those secondary characters are almost as important when looking at the big picture. Every single mutant has fans, and those fans want those characters to impress and make an impact. No one is looking forward to the next X-Men movie to see characters with nothing but cool power displays, that's worthless in the long run. Like the whole deal with Quicksilver, he is a very minor character in DOFP, but he is very loved. Most people that I know loved him BEFORE that incredible set piece, and it was all thanks to Evan Peters' charm and a well written character full of potential and personality. It's not impossible to do that for most characters, especially for some of the more iconic ones like Angel, Psylocke and Colossus.

The first half of Apocalypse actually had the right idea. Storm, Angel and Psylocke all talk and have opinions to the events ongoing. Halfway through they all stop talking and spend most of their time just standing, like statues. If those characters had kept that activity they had on the first half to the end, fans would be so much happier. I wonder what happened.

This thread was pretty much made for Rouge. Considering the time she's spent in the franchise, she's yet to do anything interesting. She's a complete shadow of her comic book counterpart. She had a proactive part in DOFP and it got cut out of the movie lol. And even in that she played damsel in distress for the first part.

Colossus X2 was cameo
Put him in rather in X3

Mutants who have been f******out by Fox :
X1 : Sabretooth. We didnt know if he had a link to Wolverine or not
X2 : Deathstrike, Cyclops
X3 : Cyclops, Angel, Rohue, Colossus
Apocalypse : Psylocke, Angel

I dont consider cameos or others mutants with little role like Jason 143, Iceman X1, Multiple Man, Quill, Arclight.

But to me that is wasted. You have all these powerful mutants like Iceman that could actually add dramatic effect and all they are used for is a special effect.

Everyone not named Xavier, Erik, Mystique,Wolverine, Quicksilver and Night crawler.

I would say before FC, they didn't know what to do with Xavier. He always got sidelined before the third act of the first trilogy.

The first half of Apocalypse actually had the right idea. Storm, Angel and Psylocke all talk and have opinions to the events ongoing. Halfway through they all stop talking and spend most of their time just standing, like statues. If those characters had kept that activity they had on the first half to the end, fans would be so much happier. I wonder what happened.

Magneto happened.:o

God I'm tired of that character!

Because once again we had to care about this character for the sixth time!

It'd be much easier to list the ones that have been used to their full potential.

Magneto. Wolverine. Um, Xavier? Arguably Nightcrawler and Beast in X2? And how about Blob. :o

Beast didn't appear in X2.

For me, its just Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto, Deadpool, Mystique, Quicksilver, Stryker and I guess we could finally include Jean Grey now. I don't agree about Nightcrawler, they kinda made him a clown in Apocalypse.

Um yeah, I meant Beast in Last Stand. And obviously Deadpool too, forgot about him. He was great in Wolverine Origins. but not really

Nah, IMO, he was only great in the new Deadpool film, but they got him right in that film alone.

Rogue
Emma Frost
Cyclops (although that looks like it is about to be amended)
Psylocke
Storm
Angel
Banshee
Lady Deathstrike
Apocalypse

To name a few...

Nah, IMO, he was only great in the new Deadpool film, but they got him right in that film alone.
Yeah, I was joking. Honestly, so far I'd say that Deadpool is the only one to have been used to its full potential. He's literally a perfect adaptation of the comic. Even Magneto could use a little work. I mean, what's with the lack of purple pants, that seems a crucial detail that is still missing from him.

jubilee hopefully she'll get a bigger part in the next film

bummed they killed off emma frost i would have loved to see more of her

Emma Frost is the most wasted, I think.

A bit early to say if Psylocke is wasted, as she might yet return. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"