Who do you think will win (take the Iron Throne)?

lime

Movie critic
Reaction score
There are several players in the running. Who do you think will win at the end?

No one. The throne must be destroyed. It's a poison cancer on the land.

How come Jamie isnt on there? Id be fine with him.

My second choice is Sansa. She wanted to be Queen from the first season and it would be bringing things back full circle if she were to become that.

If it happens my vote is Bran if it does not happen Im with TheVileOne in saying no one

How do you guys feel about Brandon, the broken?

I honestly couldn't hate more.

He's the only person that makes sense to rule. I'm honestly surprised I didn't see it coming in hindsight. Obviously, if given the proper time for buildup, it would have worked better, but as the narrative conclusion, it's the right choice.

It's not good for Westeros. They made a computer into the King. do you want a computer to be your ruler?

It's not good for Westeros. They made a computer into the King. do you want a computer to be your ruler?

lawnmower-man.jpg

He's the only person that makes sense to rule. I'm honestly surprised I didn't see it coming in hindsight. Obviously, if given the proper time for buildup, it would have worked better, but as the narrative conclusion, it's the right choice.

For me, it didn't made sense in any way. Bran's development was all over the place (I'm talking about the show here), and I'm still very confused about a lot of things. I won't even mention NK's motivations and why he wanted Bran so much, but after becoming the 3 eyed raven, Bran became this empty emotionless person. He'd even say he's not Bran anymore. For me, everything is confusing on what kind of a person he's become.

I agree with you that with a proper build up it could've worked. But that was nowhere to be found. Bran was absent from an entire season. And he was basically absent from this major story arc of the show, which was the game of thrones. Bran was connected to the "winter is coming" story arc.

For me, it felt completely random.

For me, it didn't made sense in any way. Bran's development was all over the place (I'm talking about the show here), and I'm still very confused about a lot of things. I won't even mention NK's motivations and why he wanted Bran so much, but after becoming the 3 eyed raven, Bran became this empty emotionless person. He'd even say he's not Bran anymore. For me, everything is confusing on what kind of a person he's become.

I agree with you that with a proper build up it could've worked. But that was nowhere to be found. Bran was absent from an entire season. And he was basically absent from this major story arc of the show, which was the game of thrones. Bran was connected to the "winter is coming" story arc.

For me, it felt completely random.
I think Bran made it very clear why the Night King wanted him dead, he is the memory of humanity, the vessel of all the stories that make humans what we are. There definitely wasn't any sort of build up to him becoming king, though, which is likely part of the point. But they failed to show why exactly he would accept and why Tyrion (and the audience) should believe he is the true king. Even just letting this counsel take up a whole episode could have let them make the decision more believable.

I don’t particularly want Cersei or Joffrey as my ruler so I’ll take a computer that doesn’t even boot up like Bran. :D:

I don’t particularly want Cersei or Joffrey as my ruler so I’ll take a computer that doesn’t even boot up like Bran. :D:

It might not have been intentional, but I found Bran getting the spot sort of ominous. It just doesn't seem good.

I saw a Twitter thread that Bran is a villain put on the throne by the Children of the Forest. He can live thousands of years and he has greensight (the ability to see past, present and future events).

Really, if you think about it, he likely knew about Dany burning King's Landing and let her do it anyways so that she would die and he could warg into Drogon.

It doesn't really make sense otherwise. Bran isn't really "human" anymore and said he didn't want a lordship. A ruler needs to have empathy and Bran has no emotion.

I saw a Twitter thread that Bran is a villain put on the throne by the Children of the Forest. He can live thousands of years and he has greensight (the ability to see past, present and future events).

Really, if you think about it, he likely knew about Dany burning King's Landing and let her do it anyways so that she would die and he could warg into Drogon.

It doesn't really make sense otherwise. Bran isn't really "human" anymore and said he didn't want a lordship. A ruler needs to have empathy and Bran has no emotion.

Why would Bran live for thousands of years? The previous one certainly didn't look to be in great condition (less so in the book where he's pretty much part of the tree, which I assume was what kept him alive) and since it's very likely that he's Brynden Rivers, aka Bloodraven, he's about 125 years old in this story. Very old of course, but far from thousands of years.

Sure, the consciousness of the Three-Eyed Raven might live on but it's specifically Bran that's king.

Why would Bran live for thousands of years? The previous one certainly didn't look to be in great condition (less so in the book where he's pretty much part of the tree, which I assume was what kept him alive) and since it's very likely that he's Brynden Rivers, aka Bloodraven, he's about 125 years old in this story. Very old of course, but far from thousands of years.

Sure, the consciousness of the Three-Eyed Raven might live on but it's specifically Bran that's king.

The 3ER said specifically that he has waited for Bran for a thousand years. It implies that Bran can also grow that old.

The 3ER said specifically that he has waited for Bran for a thousand years. It implies that Bran can also grow that old.

Bran also says that he isn't really Bran anymore, he's the Three Eyed Raven. That suggests that the Bran part isn't what's going to become old but rather that the entity that inhabits him is very old. The 3ER will need to find another host in time, just like it did with Bran.

That's without going to the books for information that support that idea even more.

Bran also says that he isn't really Bran anymore, he's the Three Eyed Raven. That suggests that the Bran part isn't what's going to become old but rather that the entity that inhabits him is very old. The 3ER will need to find another host in time, just like it did with Bran.

That's without going to the books for information that support that idea even more.

I'm not going from the books at all. The 3ER was around for a thousand years in the same body. Even in the books, Bloodraven was 125. The implication is that the 3ER and its host body can live longer than a normal human.

I'm not going from the books at all. The 3ER was around for a thousand years in the same body. Even in the books, Bloodraven was 125. The implication is that the 3ER and its host body can live longer than a normal human.

It could be the case as I said it was with Bloodraven, that he's being kept alive by the tree. As why else would he just sit in one spot and have the tree grow into him? Brynden was "only" 20 years older than Maester Aemon, yet in the book he's a skeletal figure that is part of the tree. The show might have deviated from that, but seemingly for no reason as they made no sign of that Bran was special among green seers, as shown that he doesn't actually do anything but sit and have others fight around him.

It could be the case as I said it was with Bloodraven, that he's being kept alive by the tree. As why else would he just sit in one spot and have the tree grow into him? Brynden was "only" 20 years older than Maester Aemon, yet in the book he's a skeletal figure that is part of the tree. The show might have deviated from that, but seemingly for no reason as they made no sign of that Bran was special among green seers, as shown that he doesn't actually do anything but sit and have others fight around him.

Ignoring the books, the 3ER who meets with Bran tells him he waited for a thousand years. I'm going to go under the assumption that the 3ER and its host body lives longer than normal humans.

Cool? Cool.

Ignoring the books, the 3ER who meets with Bran tells him he waited for a thousand years. I'm going to go under the assumption that the 3ER and its host body lives longer than normal humans.

Cool? Cool.

I didn't say you couldn't. In fact I actually gave a reason why it could be the case, as she says that he's been sitting in the same spot the entire time. But you're free to ignore it and just say that you want to think a certain way without discussing it. The point of discussion is the fun of analysis, not about protecting one's views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"