BvS Who will win, BATMAN or SUPERMAN

ImTheFlash

Civilian
Reaction score
In the "Man of Steel Sequel". who do you guys think will win the inevitable fight, Batman or Superman?

Why does there have to be a fight?

Clark is above such moronic violence.

I don't really want them to fight but in all honestly it's probably going to happen. I just dont know who to expect to win because batman...well is batman so he could win but this is technically a superman sequel so he also could win.

Whoever wins, we win. Theres your tagline right there WB, don't mention it.

In the comics it depends on the writers. If Frank Miller has much to
do with it, it's Batman, hands down. Grant Morrison, who knows, but probably Batman. Alan Moore, Superman would probably kill Batman and then agonize about it. So who knows what Goyer will come up with - although I reckon he
would be best to keep Nolans' input -and by that I mean both Chris and Jonathan.

However, I think it might be more of an ideological conflict rather than
a fist fight. The problem with re-creating the smackdown from Dark
Knight returns, is that a key element is the underlying relationship
between BM and SM, there's decades of philosophical differences that
shatters their friendship and gives rise to an epic scrap !

During the whole fight we feel like Superman is holding back, surely
he must be. If his punches can put holes in mountains, then surely they
could have put holes in Batman - also, Batman's not fighting to win,
he's just fighting to slow Superman down enough to pull off his deception.
Anyway, my point is that such a fight needed the characters' shared
history to rest on - so it's not really suitable for a first-meeting fight
(like the Thor vs Iron man scrap in Avengers).

So, given the continuity of MOS, (without any kryptonite as yet) it's hard
to see how they could have a fight on even terms. My other theory for the
film concerns someone salvaging some kryptonian technology from the
downed scout ship (the one Clark crashed into Metropolis), but that
is more a part of any villains in the film.

Interestingly, when John Byrne rebooted Superman back in the 80's, the two characters were not friends. In fact, Batman outwitted Supes, so that was a defeat, without coming to blows.

To get around Superman's invincibility writers had 3 tools

1) weaken SM (which is why kryptonite was created
2) give the bad guy similar levels of power ( e.g Doomsday, Bizarro, Zod)
3) give the bad guy weapons which are not based on strength or physical
power (eg. Magic like Mxztkplk, advanced science like Braniac)

None of those really fit in with the MOS continuity so far (except maybe the
tech, again from the scoutship, because nothing humans have could hurt
Supes).

As such, if I had to guess, it'll be Superman in a physicial battle,
Batman in a battle of wits.

Really, I don't know how it will play out, who does ? But I'll certainly pay my
entry fee to find out.

Peace.

I doubt there will be a physical confrontation, but, if I'm wrong, then it will be a draw.

I think Superman will break Batman's neck. If you aren't smart enough to figure out a way to win, use brute force, baby!

only if bruce decides to use daggett's construction crews to destroy metropolis too :o

At this point, the more I think about it, I might be tempted to walk out of the cinema if they have a physical fight between the characters.

I think there will be a confrontation, but Batman will be smart enough to not take Superman directly. Hopefully stealth and mental tactics, along with the Batmobile and/or Bat Jet will be involved due to their heavy-duty weaponry.

jab8kn.jpg

Do you guys think this is why they start to fight? Superman gets mad when Batman sleeps with his mom?

Last edited:
In this MOS universe, the Kryptonian atmosphere is a weakness for Superman on Earth because he is not used to it.

So if Batman can get a synthesized version of gas similar to that atmosphere, then he can use it as a weapon with gas grenades etc.. It's the best way for Batman to win.

In this MOS universe, the Kryptonian atmosphere is a weakness for Superman on Earth because he is not used to it.

So if Batman can get a synthesized version of gas similar to that atmosphere, then he can use it as a weapon with gas grenades etc.. It's the best way for Batman to win.

That's a cool idea. It all ties into Batman preparing himself for an eventual battle against Superman by using Kryptonian technology and studying their biology. Then when the time comes, he is prepared.

That's a cool idea. It all ties into Batman preparing himself for an eventual battle against Superman by using Kryptonian technology and studying their biology. Then when the time comes, he is prepared.

I'm on the same train of thought bro , I've been saying all along "salvaged Kryptonian tech" (although my original theory was Luthor using the damaged
genesis chamber to create Bizarro or Doomsday ). But why not ? There's nothing left of the world engine, or of black zero (Zod's ship), but what about
the small ship he flew to the Arctic in to retrieve the scout ship.
We clearly see him park it outside, before entering the scout ship to take command and delete Jor-El 2.0 (or is that Jor-El vista, or Jor-El XP ?)

Mind you, the problem I still see is that even Batman kicking seven kinds of
crap out of a weakened Superman, is nowhere near as epic Supes and Zod
brawling and destroying skyscrapers and sattelites. (that's why I developed the Bizarro/Doomsday theory).

Anyway, that was a long winded way of saying, "I'm with you on that one !"

peace.

I'm on the same train of thought bro , I've been saying all along "salvaged Kryptonian tech" (although my original theory was Luthor using the damaged
genesis chamber to create Bizarro or Doomsday ). But why not ? There's nothing left of the world engine, or of black zero (Zod's ship), but what about
the small ship he flew to the Arctic in to retrieve the scout ship.
We clearly see him park it outside, before entering the scout ship to take command and delete Jor-El 2.0 (or is that Jor-El vista, or Jor-El XP ?)

Mind you, the problem I still see is that even Batman kicking seven kinds of
crap out of a weakened Superman, is nowhere near as epic Supes and Zod
brawling and destroying skyscrapers and sattelites. (that's why I developed the Bizarro/Doomsday theory).

Anyway, that was a long winded way of saying, "I'm with you on that one !"

peace.

The salvaged kryptonian tech is a pretty good idea! same with the Kryptonian atmosphere, maybe batman builds a special suit for superman made out of kryptonian tech or something, maybe his suit will give off or generate a red sun atmosphere so when supes gets close he starts getting weaker. theres soooo many possibilities. lex luthor could totally build metallo out of the salvaged kryptonian technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"